What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The dud

Mr Saab

Referee
digi....you are way off.

It was 1999...Newcastle signed him....Warren Ryan was bluffed....his name was Greg Smith..."played for the Eagles in the NFL

And he has already been mentioned in this thread

What happened to Ryan O'hara since he went to tigers? I remember he played a game for the blues in origin afew years back..

ESL i believe as of this year.

Frawley for me would be our biggest dud signing recently.
Darren mapp is another
Kris Kahler
Nathan Smith ( ok that is a nearly dud signing )

Adam Dykes

I remember watching him run around in 2001 destroying teams, and when it was announced we signed him I was like, "NO f**kING WAY!!!!"

Yeah...

I remember the knights V sharks in the preliminary finals, that game he wasn't to far off Joey who was at his prime then.

Then after that, showed signs of brillance but never had a decent game.

Also read in the Tig's forum they are looking to sign him.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The Steelers signed plenty of duds. The aforementioned Masella, Fili Seru, Will Robinson, Andrew Farrar (mentioned because he went on to become a dud coach), Craig Wilson, Joe Thomas, Craig Dimond, Steve Waddell, Michael Neil, Tony Smith are a few that spring to mind. There were also a few players that played really well for us and went on to become duds elsewhere: John Simon (Easts, Parra), David Riolo (Parra, now an ultra-annoying player manager), Dean Schifilitti (Souths, NQ), Neil Piccinelli (Hunter, Newcastle).

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
ESL i believe as of this year.

Frawley for me would be our biggest dud signing recently.
Darren mapp is another
Kris Kahler
Nathan Smith ( ok that is a nearly dud signing )

I was really excited when frawley came to the raiders. He was such a let down when he got here.

Catsby

Juniors
Chris Beattie
Sam Obst
Brett Finch
Brett Firman
Mark Edmonson
Eric Grothe jr
Willie Mason
Ashley Harrison
Chris Anderson

A good list. I would add:

Charlie Tonga
Gavin Lester
Nathan Tutt
Ian 'The Rampaging Russian' Rubin
Quentin Pongia
Paul Langmack
Jacin Sinclair
Brendan Hurst
Graham Appo
Shane Whereat

I remember a game when Whereat was giving the goalkicking duties, and his lone attempt from the sideline dribbled about three metres off the mound. Nigel Gaffey promptly took over.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Manly and Souths went to court over a young prop named Dallis Rennie about 4 years ago, and he never made 1st grade

Over the recent years any purchases we have made have generally been pretty good one. The ones that spring to mind as average would be

Mullane
McGuinness
Vaealiki
Donnelly

Iafeta

Referee
Manly and Souths went to court over a young prop named Dallis Rennie about 4 years ago, and he never made 1st grade

Over the recent years any purchases we have made have generally been pretty good one. The ones that spring to mind as average would be

Mullane
McGuinness
Vaealiki
Donnelly

That's right, Souths and Manly went on a fight for him. Langmack from memory had a massive hard on for him.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
For Saints, it would have to be a toss-up between Shane "The next Mundine" Kenward and Quinten Pongia.

Honourable mentions to:

Ben Kusto
Nathan Long
Richie Williams
Simon Woolford
Bronko Djura
Shane Laloata (though he did have one good game for us vs Broncos in 2003)
Gavin Clinch
Wise Kativerata

Liam

Juniors

Mullane
McGuinness
Vaealiki
Donnelly

Chris Bailey?

nqcowboy87

Bench
motu tony for the broncos back in 04 hailed as one of the best signings but played two game and then went over to england, good player but a worthy recipient of dud signing

skeepe

Immortal
Phil Blake wasn't that bad??! The rest I concur...Howell was a bit of a dud as well...way too inconsistant. You can throw Brett Kelly into the mix!

Phil Blake was a very handy player, but IMO past his best for the Raiders and only played around 20 games anyway.

skeepe

Immortal
Here's a Raiders team to strike fear into the heart of every fan (Raiders fan, that is)

1. Graham Appo
2. Greg Wolfgramm
3. Jason Bulgarelli
4. Anthony Swann
5. Brett Kelly
6. Brett Finch
7. Trevor Schodel
8. Bruce Mamando
9. Craig Dimond
10. Anthony Brann
11. David Westley
12. Justin Morgan
13. Tyran Smith

14. David Atkins
15. Darren Mapp
16. Shane Kelly
17. Brett Boyd

mongoose

Coach
wow. Where to start...
Tyran smith, david howell, bret kelly, matt rua, matt bickerstaff, andrew dunemann... All worthy contenders but the single worst singing, considering his pea hearted efforts in comparison to the money we payed. The crown goes to Craig Frawley.

Stu Flanagan hasn't started his raiders career too well. Harrison though, wow, thanks tigers! He's a gun!

I recon canberra have off-loaded a few-
Panthers - matt elliott
Brisbane - darren mapp
Roosters - brett finch
Titans - kris kahler
Dragons - simon woolford
Tigers - ryan o'hara

Agreed. Craig Frawley was the worst considering the coin he was paid. Never seen a player look so uninterested on the football field. He may aswell been in a coma.