What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

Old_Timer

Juniors
So why doesn't the coach try someone different at half..eg Drinkwater. Is the result going to be any worse...LOSE...LOSE....at least appear to be proactive in trying to find or work out a solution. At the moment there is no pressure on the players because they know regardless of how poorly they play they will still be in the first grade side. To me it defies any logic that you keep picking the same players week in, week out...and occassionallly they snag a win over a lowly team...and expect the results to be any different.

Logic went out the window a while back twinkletoes. But it matters not in "Price World".

karuah6

Juniors
Previously we had well thought out, constructive argument, that was applauded by all and sundry (well sort of! :)), now we have the above.

I think certain words, sully the brevity of the argument. Well for one side at least! :)

As I mentioned in my previous post. Who should get dropped, but most importantly who replaces them. The reason I keep asking this question is because I am unable to watch the lower grades due to my health position I am not sure as to whether what player is capable of promotation .
So how about it OT tell me which players should be dropped & who you think could be promoted to help the team.

Some of you like to blame 6/7, some of you like to blame the forwards, some like to blame Chase Stanley.. some Price.. some Doust.. some all of the above.

We all know the 2013 squad isnt a serious finals contender, but end of the day Price has to get them playing somewhere near their potential & vaguely following his gameplan, if they arent doing that and you think thats ok.. well.. there is our problem.

And some only choose to blame the coach. It's apparently not possible for it to be anything whatsoever to do with the roster or the intent therein.
That's my issue.
We are all watching the same games, seeing the same outcomes, but have different views on why it's happening. I can only go by what the club has decided on - that is to strengthen the roster and retain the coach.
But I don't see anyone - including me - saying it's ok that we're not performing.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Good question Karuah.

Players that have "pick me, I am your future" embossed on their noggin. Players that will happily chew broken glass and climb razor wire, for such it their commitment to the coach. Players that have the crippling arthritis and hip dysplasia under control. Players who have the vast majority of their careers, ahead, not behind them. Players who respond well to critique by crying out, "I can and will do better". Players who think the Club is bigger than themselves. Players with a hunger to succeed.

How is that for starters Karuah? Would you pick them, I would?

karuah6

Juniors
And some only choose to blame the coach. It's apparently not possible for it to be anything whatsoever to do with the roster or the intent therein.
That's my issue.
We are all watching the same games, seeing the same outcomes, but have different views on why it's happening. I can only go by what the club has decided on - that is to strengthen the roster and retain the coach.
But I don't see anyone - including me - saying it's ok that we're not performing.

Hear hear.Good to see some common sence coming in. This is exactly what I have been saying all along.

FundyDragon

Bench
Good question Karuah.

Players that have "pick me, I am your future" embossed on their noggin. Players that will happily chew broken glass and climb razor wire, for such it their commitment to the coach. Players that have the crippling arthritis and hip dysplasia under control. Players who have the vast majority of their careers, ahead, not behind them. Players who respond well to critique by crying out, "I can and will do better". Players who think the Club is bigger than themselves. Players with a hunger to succeed.

Does that mean there are none?

Good question Karuah.

Sheens probably would....:oops:

Old_Timer

Juniors
I agree Karuah, Drain is on a roll today. He probably downloaded the "Price Book of Excuses" on bit torrent.

karuah6

Juniors
Good question Karuah.

Answer the question. I said I can only see first grade when they are on free to air & can not go & see live matches of any grade due to my medical condition.
WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES. Or don't you know.

jenninga

First Grade
Previously we had well thought out, constructive argument, that was applauded by all and sundry (well sort of! :)), now we have the above.

I think certain words, sully the brevity of the argument. Well for one side at least! :)
Again as frustrated as anyone here with inconsistent performances this season,apart from the first half last week,the attitude and effort shown mostly this season is pleasing considering we don't have a halves pairing who can create chances for points.Put Soward and Fien in the Manly side and Foran and DCE in our side and things would be different.
By the end of the season i may well be calling for Price's head,but until then in my opinion it is the lack of direction by the halves which has been and is the main problem.

I agree Karuah, Drain is on a roll today. He probably downloaded the "Price Book of Excuses" on bit torrent.

No, not on a roll, just finally decided to extract some detail from you rather than reading your posts which are generally laced full of generalisations and personal attacks on a certain coach.

Now that we see you finally exposed as a Sheens lover, well, that says it all really.....

FundyDragon

Bench
No, not on a roll, just finally decided to extract some detail from you rather than reading your posts which are generally laced full of generalisations and personal attacks on a certain coach.

Now that we see you finally exposed as a Sheens lover, well, that says it all really.....

Old Timer might actually be Steve Folkes

Old_Timer

Juniors
...By the end of the season i may well be calling for Price's head......

We will pencil in your initiation for late September then jenninga.

Some of us got on the bus early, others a tad later, but ultimately we are all headed to the same destination. Enjoy the scenery. :)