What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

Old_Timer

Juniors
Ok, so after one and a half years of Price's dismal record, some of us still allegedly have faith in him to deliver. So my question to the Price supporters is a simple one, if Price's winning ratio continues at it's current percentage (33%) or drops even further (0% for 2014), at what point would you consider showing Price the door? Or would you stand steadfast that our clubs problems are extraneous of Price?

Then to take it another step, we can suggest that even if they didn?t reject the resigning and are having problems with the coach in some form or another, they are first grade signings and should have a pretty good idea on what it takes to win and to play top quality football. As I mentioned in my previous post, players can win and work together as a team after only 2 weeks of being together (rep teams). These guys, may not be a rep team, but they have played enough footy throughout their career (most in rep teams) to know what needs to be done to rectify bad performances ? look at how JD slipped into the team easily without any issue after a week or 2 of training. I struggle to see how they, as adults and professional sportsmen, need to be nursed through each game every week by the coach. If they aren?t able to do this then they are not first grade players. They shouldn?t be playing football at all.

:clap:

BennyV

Referee
I still dont get how people are seriously suggesting Sheens...its astonishing...I mean, Price has been putting on a poor showing of late...but SHEENS? REALLY?

Old_Timer

Juniors
Benny asnwer the question. How further down the Price road do we need to traverse before acknowledging it has to many potholes?

So wests tigers fans know our club better than we do Drain. Excellent yardstick methinks. :eek:

Well if you're happy to crucify a coach who has had 2 seasons, take a look at the overall record of the alternative you've suggested. You don't need to be a Tigers supporter to know that he's poison.

BennyV

Referee
Benny asnwer the question. How further down the Price road do we need to traverse before acknowledging it has to many potholes?

We've acknowledges there are 'potholes'...some of us have acknowledged it too much it's becoming painful. But just because Price isn't a great coach doesn't mean that Tim Sheens is. If you think Price has 'destroyed' our team and club, have a look at the Tigpies and keep in mind that it was a result of Mr Sheens...

Old_Timer

Juniors
Crucify implies homicide.

Price's record reeks of self mutilation, leading to eventual suicide, methinks.

Old_Timer

Juniors
We've acknowledges there are 'potholes'...some of us have acknowledged it too much it's becoming painful. But just because Price isn't a great coach doesn't mean that Tim Sheens is. If you think Price has 'destroyed' our team and club, have a look at the Tigpies and keep in mind that it was a result of Mr Sheens...

Who do you think our players would respect more, our local disaster or the current Australia coach (disaster), LOL. :D

BennyV

Referee
Who do you think our players would respect more, our local disaster or the current Australia coach (disaster), LOL. :D

I dont think they'd respect OR play for Sheens, he's just as likely to offload them to Cronulla so he can buy Adam Blair...

jenninga

First Grade
Anyone but Folkes or any other person currently in this coaching mess.

Tim Sheens is available and would be good for a caretaker role till the end of the season with a potential 2 year extension if all goes well. Also going by the Roosters and Souths the ESL is also the way to go. There are good coaches there who have served their apprenticeships.

If Saints are smart they would throw someone in for the remainder of the season and see how he goes prior to committing to a further year or so. Nothing to lose. If they don't Price will break more unwanted records this season.
Thats right Tim ,we will throw you in for this season and see how you go.If you don't go well ,of you go and we will get someone else for 2014,and if they do ok we will keep them,if not off you go and we will get someone for 2015.
Thank god they are not smart because if you want stability at a club then your solution will sure f#*k that up.If we were Parra,I would be screaming for the hills with you,but for f#*ksake we don't have a f#*king halfback and we all know how vital a number 7 is for any team.
NO coach will do any better while we have Fien at half,and a sulking Soward at 6,can't you see this is where the problem lies at the moment,not the f#*king coach.

Thats right Tim ,we will throw you in for this season and see how you go.If you don't go well ,of you go and we will get someone else for 2014,and if they do ok we will keep them,if not off you go and we will get someone for 2015.
Thank god they are not smart because if you want stability at a club then your solution will sure f#*k that up.If we were Parra,I would be screaming for the hills with you,but for f#*ksake we don't have a f#*king halfback and we all know how vital a number 7 is for any team.
NO coach will do any better while we have Fien at half,and a sulking Soward at 6,can't you see this is where the problem lies at the moment,not the f#*king coach.

Amen.
I wish I could shout you a beer buddy.
:b:

karuah6

Juniors
Amen.
I wish I could shout you a beer buddy.
:b:

I agree. I am fed up trying to get certain individuals to say where our current playing roster can be improved as all they want to do is put all the blame on the coaching staff.
Yes we all know that our halves are not performing & a couple of other players need to take a good look at themselves.
Surely they have enough pride in the RedV to up the anti & start performing to their capabilities . I also agree that it is about time for Price to drop some players, but to blame him for everything when we get beaten yet not give him some credit when we win is a low act.
Bloody hell why are we going on a spending spree if some of you think that there is nothing wrong with our current playing roster.
Wake up.

twinkletoes

Juniors

TheRev

First Grade
Some of you like to blame 6/7, some of you like to blame the forwards, some like to blame Chase Stanley.. some Price.. some Doust.. some all of the above.

We all know the 2013 squad isnt a serious finals contender, but end of the day Price has to get them playing somewhere near their potential & vaguely following his gameplan, if they arent doing that and you think thats ok.. well.. there is our problem.

Old_Timer

Juniors
....not the f#*king coach.

Previously we had well thought out, constructive argument, that was applauded by all and sundry (well sort of! :)), now we have the above.

I think certain words, sully the brevity of the argument. Well for one side at least! :)

twinkletoes

Juniors
So why doesn't the coach try someone different at half..eg Drinkwater. Is the result going to be any worse...LOSE...LOSE....at least appear to be proactive in trying to find or work out a solution. At the moment there is no pressure on the players because they know regardless of how poorly they play they will still be in the first grade side. To me it defies any logic that you keep picking the same players week in, week out...and occassionallly they snag a win over a lowly team...and expect the results to be any different.