What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Bah!

Portugal will tear 'em a new one. Germany are very fragile at the back and few teams will expose that more than Portugal . And ive never rated any of Germany's striking options.

And let's not forget they have Lehamnn in goal. (Although Ricardo ain't much better)

Portugal 3-1

We'll see. Germany aren't playing well but they are just the type of team that Portugal will struggle with.

Red Bear

Referee
Ithink spain will shred Italy actually.
Who have the dutch got, second place in spains group? (so probably sweeden)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I hope we play Sweden. If we play Russia i'm sure Guus Hiddink will come up with some brilliant strategy to break down a nation where he knows alot about...

pantherz9103

First Grade
Spain and Netherlands semi final I'm hoping for. My two favourite teams in the tournament and I wouldn't mind who won. Italy could be dangerous though and we all know they can defend (except v the Dutch), but Toni's struggling to hit the target and they will be without Gattuso and Pirlo. Spain to win a quarter final for once.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

I wouldn't get too confident Hybrid. After all you were the same person who said if the Netherlands top Group C you will leave this forum ;)

Not confident actually, though there is no way Italy will get "shredded".

While Spain are in better form, that counts for absolutely nothing. It would not surprise me in the slightest to see Italy knock off Spain.

You don't win these competitions by playing pretty football and in alot of instances sides that impress in the group stages usually fizzle out in the latter stages.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Italy will beat Spain.

I can already hear the rumbling of the Spanish camps bowels at the prospect of playing a big-match Italian side.

Italy 2 nil or 2-1. As i said earlier, watch them go on to win the tournament now.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Spain or Netherlands to win for the sake of football. Let's see nice attacking football rewarded instead of the boring Italians.

Dragooner

Bench
All Italy have to do is flood the midfield, do that and it's over. If they do that, Fabregas in particular can't push the supply to the two frontmen, who they basically feed off for every attempt they have, thus pushing Spain wide, Torres and Villa aren't the strongest in the air, and thus you really limit the Spaniards.

All about tactics, nothing else.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Spain or Netherlands to win for the sake of football. Let's see nice attacking football rewarded instead of the boring Italians.
You obviously haven't been watching Italy this tournament because they've been great to watch.

They could have quite easily had 2 or 3 goals every match. They've been more attack minded than people think, using the 4-3-3 often. And the fullbacks have been dynamic down the flanks, particularly Grosso.

The Italians are quite capable of putting 2 or 3 past the fragile Spanish defense if they're not carfeul.

Last edited:
most people on these forums live in a world where every italian team is boring and every game involving an italian side is marred by crowd trouble.