What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The final 4: Who are you supporting?

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Exactly. They got busted before it even got to them making the semi finals. If they'd gone all the way and been found out eventually they would have suffered the same fate that eventually befell Melbourne.

The difference is the Storm had the whistle blown on them at the start of the year. Dogs had the whistle blown on them after a 16 game winning streak.

The difference is the Storm players and coaching staff still think they were hard done by and didn't deserve to have their stolen, bullshit "titles" taken from them.

Do the crime, do the time with some sort of grace and humility. That, they have not.

BranVan3000

Coach
People weren't lenient on the Dogs. In 2006 people were still calling them cheaters far and wide

In fact they pretty much retained that for awhile until storm took the title so convincingly

Hutty1986

Immortal
And st.George-Illawarra fans don't cling to 99 either?

14 years on and you are all still pissing and moaning about being hard done by!
:lol:

I'm not too sure which Dragons fans you've been talking to, but 99 means SFA to us now, it's ancient history

BranVan3000

Coach
There were also much worse Allegtions made against the Dogs team than being salary cap cheats around the time too. Don't act like its so tough for you Storm guys

Jobdog

Live Update Team
2004_PriceRyan.jpg

wat
That was 2004. Salary Cap Scandal was 2002.

flamin

Juniors
That was 2004. Salary Cap Scandal was 2002.
I believe that picture is in reference to the comment that the core of the Bulldogs team was allowed to stay together following the salary cap scandal allowing them to win in 2004. In fact, the NRL learned from this because unlike the Bulldogs, Melbourne players were not allowed to take paycuts to keep the team together - they had to fulfill the contracts under the cap.

rnb11

Juniors
Manly, Souths, Bulldogs and Warriors are my 4 most hated sides in the comp, their players are as feral and putrid as their fans.

Behind Storm.

firechild

First Grade
Manly, Souths, Bulldogs and Warriors are my 4 most hated sides in the comp, their players are as feral and putrid as their fans.

Isn't it ironic that the Roosters are often buying (or trying to buy) players from Manly and the Dogs? They've got Manly and Warriors players on the way next season.

LESStar58

Referee
I'm not too sure which Dragons fans you've been talking to, but 99 means SFA to us now, it's ancient history

When you say 'us" who do you mean exactly. A good two thirds of Dragons fans I meet still refuse to put the blame on the team for blowing a 14 nil lead. They blame the refs and thats all.

Still I can see why dragons fans cling to 2010 like Storm cling to their 1999 title....its the only premiership either team has.

chunk

Juniors
I'm certainly not a Souths fan but I hope they can win on the weekend. No disrespect to the Dogs and may the best team win but a Bunnies win would be awesome.

A foundation club that has been through so much over the past decades and their fans having not much to cheer about, could finally taste some glory.

The area where many people don't have much in their life but their football team could finally feel like winners.

A very well supported club who's fans should be applauded for sticking solid through the tough times unlike many other fair weathered fans of the game.

A club that stood for more than just the dollar and took on the might of News against the odds.

For the old timers who can remember the good old days, can relive some of that glory.

It would be a special time for the game that we love, if the Rabbitohs go on to play in the GF, they cop some bagging on here but I think they deserve all that the success they can get.

Glory glory to South Sydney.

chunk

Juniors
NB. Please do not move this thread to a "Who am I supporting" thread. This about one of the proudest clubs in the game and the current situation they find themselves in. It deserves its own thread!

I'm certainly not a Souths fan but I hope they can win on the weekend. No disrespect to the Dogs and may the best team win but a Bunnies win would be awesome.

A foundation club that has been through so much over the past decades and their fans having not much to cheer about, could finally taste some glory.

The area where many people don't have much in their life but their football team could finally feel like winners.

A very well supported club who's fans should be applauded for sticking solid through the tough times unlike many other fair weathered fans of the game.

A club that stood for more than just the dollar and took on the might of News against the odds.

For the old timers who can remember the good old days, can relive some of that glory.

It would be a special time for the game that we love, if the Rabbitohs go on to play in the GF, they cop some bagging on here but I think they deserve all that the success they can get.

Glory glory to South Sydney.

Latest posts