What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The final 4: Who are you supporting?

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nice Beaver

First Grade
ill type slowly for you...

melbourne were allowed to keep the 3 players because they shed others to get under the cap. i know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but please do try. ask an adult to explain it maybe

Thanks for the confirmation.

You really ARE that stupid.

As you were.

northwest9

Juniors
Thanks for the confirmation.

You really ARE that stupid.

As you were.

it hurts to know im right doesnt it... :cool:

they were allowed to keep the players, because they shed players to get under the cap, so your hatred of melbourne for keeping them is petty and unfounded.

the club is under the cap, and has the three players you despise the most. i like that this hurt you.

God-King Dean

Immortal
ill type slowly for you...

melbourne were allowed to keep the 3 players because they shed others to get under the cap. i know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but please do try. ask an adult to explain it maybe

Whoa man! Type slower, I can't keep up.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
it hurts to know im right doesnt it... :cool:

they were allowed to keep the players, because they shed players to get under the cap, so your hatred of melbourne for keeping them is petty and unfounded.

the club is under the cap, and has the three players you despise the most. i like that this hurt you.

:lol: You got it buddy.

No point having a battle of wits with someone who has come to the fight unarmed.

The fact you still don't get it makes me seriously worry about how you function in life. Truly stupid.

northwest9

Juniors
:lol: You got it buddy.

No point having a battle of wits with someone who has come to the fight unarmed.

The fact you still don't get it makes me seriously worry about how you function in life. Truly stupid.

haha, you still keep coming back for more

the current melbourne team is legal and under the cap, complete with the three superstars...

this isnt hard to understand,, but it still seems to be eluding you. :crazy:

The Eagle

Juniors
haha, you still keep coming back for more

the current melbourne team is legal and under the cap, complete with the three superstars...

this isnt hard to understand,, but it still seems to be eluding you. :crazy:

3 superstars vs 6 superstars

Me thinks you be in trouble bitchtits

t-ba

Post Whore
I don't get what is so difficult to understand.

At the time Melbourne cheated the cap, Other clubs were deprived of the opportunity to compete for those players on an even playing field. Once Melbourne were exposed, they were allowed to pick and choose who left the club to ensure that they remained under the cap.

It's ancient history, but to argue that this didn't have an impact on their current squad makeup is sheer lunacy. They were given the luxury of choosing who to keep whilst being forced to cut their cloth accordingly, an opportunity that might not have existed if they had played by the rules from the start.

But yeah, who gives a fug now.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
I don't get what is so difficult to understand.

At the time Melbourne cheated the cap, Other clubs were deprived of the opportunity to compete for those players on an even playing field. Once Melbourne were exposed, they were allowed to pick and choose who left the club to ensure that they remained under the cap.

It's ancient history, but to argue that this didn't have an impact on their current squad makeup is sheer lunacy. They were given the luxury of choosing who to keep whilst being forced to cut their cloth accordingly, an opportunity that might not have existed if they had played by the rules from the start.

But yeah, who gives a fug now.

Might well be a naive question, but is money the only thing that determines an NRL players choice of club? The reason I ask is a comment made by Leeds' captain, Kev Sinfield after their 3rd premiership in a row -basically intimating that a few marquee players had turned down bigger contracts to stay at the club as they offered a better chance of success. I know the same has been said about some of the Geelong players in AFL. I don't know any NRL players personally, and the ESL is clearly different in the fact that few teams win titles, but can we assume any/all of the big three at the storm would have left anyway? Did Cronk have a better offer on the table from the Titans this season? He clearly made the decision to stay - was that based on the size of the contract?

Guess we will never know and although it's a real shame for the game (the cap scandal), doesn't it set up any series involving the Storm up nicely in terms of passion and feeling? Someone is going to be p!ssed or happy, which is exactly the feeling sport should inspire.

Enjoy all

mongoose

Coach
Two years after the cap, the Bulldogs won.

It is two years after ours...

Yeah i dont get why people are so lenient on the Dogs yet can't let the storm cheating go.

The Storm were penalised enough, its fair game. People still bitching about it just have an axe to grind.

Knightmare

Coach
Yeah i dont get why people are so lenient on the Dogs yet can't let the storm cheating go.

The Storm were penalised enough, its fair game. People still bitching about it just have an axe to grind.

Difference is, the Bulldogs never made a Grand Final with their illegally assembled team, and didn't prevent another team from winning the Premiership.

Bumble

First Grade
Difference is, the Bulldogs never made a Grand Final with their illegally assembled team, and didn't prevent another team from winning the Premiership.

2004_PriceRyan.jpg

wat

LESStar58

Referee

Smartest thing said in this thread so far!

LESStar58

Referee

Exactly. They got busted before it even got to them making the semi finals. If they'd gone all the way and been found out eventually they would have suffered the same fate that eventually befell Melbourne.

The difference is the Storm had the whistle blown on them at the start of the year. Dogs had the whistle blown on them after a 16 game winning streak.