What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infuzer

Juniors
According to my reference, he wasn't 17 but 18.
Tutty was a fit and accomplished back-row forward who had played in a Test win over New Zealand in 1967. Tutty had been a loyal player to the Tigers since joining them as an 18 year old in 1964. He was in the Tigers' teams for the 1964 and 1968 Grand Finals which both lost. At the end of the 1968 season an off-contract Tutty sought a customary automatic release from Balmain to allow his transfer and signing with Penrith (who had secured a number of Tigers over recent seasons).
I'll throw a Q out later today.

Ramit54

Juniors
Tutty was a fit and accomplished back-row forward who had played in a Test win over New Zealand in 1967. Tutty had been a loyal player to the Tigers since joining them as an 18 year old in 1964. He was in the Tigers' teams for the 1964 and 1968 Grand Finals which both lost. At the end of the 1968 season an off-contract Tutty sought a customary automatic release from Balmain to allow his transfer and signing with Penrith (who had secured a number of Tigers over recent seasons).
The source you got the imformation from is wrong as Balmain never played in the 1968 GF. In fact they never made the semi's in 68.

Infuzer

Juniors
Thanks for the Tigertread. I never picked that typo up. I'm guessing that's what it was.
What was the original name of Redfern Oval?

Infuzer

Juniors
Nathan's Cow Paddock is the answer. Well done to Reserviour Dog.
The club (South Sydney)has never strayed far from its local community. The first training sessions were held at Moore Park, and the club's first social and business head-quarters was a hotel in Foveau Street, Surry Hills.
More significantly, the club's home games were held in Redfern at a playing field known as Nathan's Cow Paddock. Ultimately it came to be Redfern Oval and directly opposite where the South Sydney Leagues Club stands today.

From: http://www.rl1908.com/Clubs/South-Sydney-Rabbitohs.htm

Current Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes was a former Physical Educational teacher at Cabramatta High School for almost two full seasons in the mid 1980's, along with what other non-Bulldogs player who did the job for a further year after Folkes departed?

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Fair go Dog. Who the hell is going to guess this right?
Unless like someone said, they went to the same school as the bloke in question. What are the chances though?

O

ozbash

was that the year matt o was caught at Cabramatta High ,behind the bike sheds ?
with folkes ?

Incorrect ozbash....the tatana gues that is....I dunno about the MattO thing though.
Maybe a hint would help....
Thought so. Okay.
Hint 1: I played all my Australian rugby league for one club.The Dragons.

Nope to all.
But actually, I was told he played for no other ARL/NRL club but I'm nowstarting to hear from another mate that he may have had a season'sstint at another Sydney club.
I tried to hit a search engine and find some info on whether he did or not, but nothing comes up. I'll try again 2nite as I'm heading into the city now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts