What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

Rod

Bench
Of all the problems with last nights show you come up with Joey saying 110 mins instead of 90 :lol:, particularly with Tallis on the same panel.

Brohman is embarrassing.
Beau Ryan swings wildly week to week between quite amusing and cringeworthy.
Shane Shackleton's skit was embarrassing.

Surprise surprise, the best bits of both shows this year have been the 5 in the bin segments and when they actually talk some footy.

Mr Saab

Referee
Of all the problems with last nights show you come up with Joey saying 110 mins instead of 90 :lol:, particularly with Tallis on the same panel.

I just dont like the Johns brothers fullstop.
Tallis is fine...he is a QLDr and does not act like a goose like your mate Johns the try hard.

Big Pete

Referee
I find it strange people criticise Tallis but give Geyer a free pass.

They basically play the exact same role. The boof head 'tough man' who says whatever they're thinking.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

They basically play the exact same role. The boof head 'tough man' who says whatever they're thinking.

TBH is people find a need to response to retaliate in relation to what they're "Thinking" then that says more a bout the people responding than either Tallis or Geyer. These guys are just simpletons.

All I will say is, at least MG has a good heart.

Tallis is a straight up merkin.

gUt

Coach

TBH is people find a need to response to retaliate in relation to what they're "Thinking" then that says more a bout the people responding than either Tallis or Geyer. These guys are just simpletons.

All I will say is, at least Tallis has a good heart.

MG is a straight up merkin.

Mr Saab

Referee
Ronnie vs gUt is like Springfield vs Shelbyville. Lemons vs Turnips. Shake your fist harder boy!

Gold episode

And yes Hutty that is a good thing. Tallis has improved alot with his media speaking. He is much better than Geyer, Johns (both) and Benji.

Rod

Bench
I'd take Geyer over Tallis anyday. Geyer has some ridiculous ideas but he's not afraid his voice his opinion and actually articulates his view reasonably well despite appearing like a 'simpleton.'

Tallis can barely string two words together.

Mr Saab

Referee
I'd take Geyer over Tallis anyday. Geyer has some ridiculous ideas but he's not afraid his voice his opinion and actually articulates his view reasonably well despite appearing like a 'simpleton.'

Tallis can barely string two words together.

This is the response from someone that is living in 1997. Tallis is a much improved talker and has cut out the "ummmmmm" and "you knows"

undertaker

Coach
From watching the first 2 shows this year, I'd be very surprised if Fatty lasts beyond this year. With the ever likely possibility that Ch9 could lose the tv rights and given the waning ratings over the last few years, I don't see Ch9 persevering with the NRL version of The Footy Show is they lose the rights.

Ch9 have been lucky that, compared to the last couple of years, the show has rated very well off the back of the NRL season opener (which went into golden point) and a series-deciding cricket match (which was a close game). From this coming week onwards, they won't have a marquee, high rating sporting event to fall back on as a lead-in and the "true" ratings will be there for all to see

Last edited: