What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

azza29

Juniors
Looks like it'll be a full house for the Melbourne SOO Footy Show, tickets have sold out. Doubt it will be live on Channel 9 down here though...

I think TFS could put together a brilliant episode with a whole bunch of great content and people would still complain and call it garbage.

Sorry but no. TFS is a very tired and dated format with the same old crap. I've not watched it for many years prior to this year but have thought it's on might as well give it a go... It's still the same old rubbish, Fatty isn't funny, why is Slater there? Brohman is just boring and makes himself look like a tool. Beau is just an arrogant, up himself tool who isn't funny.

The Game Plan on One is about a million times more entertaining, no egos and they talk about footy... I watch a show about footy for the footy, not to be entertained by clowns.

Springs

First Grade
Why do people who already think it's garbage watch a bit of it then complain about how it was garbage when they already knew it would be garbage? What's the point?

Apey

Staff member
Why do people who already think it's garbage watch a bit of it then complain about how it was garbage when they already knew it would be garbage? What's the point?

you could ask the same of parra supporters watching their games

taipan

Referee
The show and I gave it a miss for the last few years,has improved out of sight.Country footie,special stories that touch the heart.Still too much pretend comedy and that includes Fathead Vautin, and stuff you may have missed is p*ss weak.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry but no. TFS is a very tired and dated format with the same old crap. I've not watched it for many years prior to this year but have thought it's on might as well give it a go... It's still the same old rubbish, Fatty isn't funny, why is Slater there? Brohman is just boring and makes himself look like a tool. Beau is just an arrogant, up himself tool who isn't funny.

The Game Plan on One is about a million times more entertaining, no egos and they talk about footy... I watch a show about footy for the footy, not to be entertained by clowns.
The irony of that is that the Game Plan panel is 3/5 of the same people involved in the Continuous Call Team on 2GB, which is widely rounded for being "garbage" on this forum too.
The show and I gave it a miss for the last few years,has improved out of sight.Country footie,special stories that touch the heart.Still too much pretend comedy and that includes Fathead Vautin, and stuff you may have missed is p*ss weak.
This.

There have been a number of improvements this year, they do actually talk a fair bit of footy - 5 in the bin, country wrap, freddys fresh cuts... if they stop persisting with stuff like lookalikes and bring back Vossy for SYMHM, I think they've actually got a good balance.

And keep Beau off the panel.

I watch it every week in Melbourne and it is a tired stale format...Brohman is not funny one bit and Beau is not better.

Marshall thinks he is brilliant...it really needs some variety.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How good was the drunk Souths fan they got for the kicking thing (so drunk Slats smelt it on his breath).

f**king champion.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Every time I see that f*ckwit Terry Kennedy on the TV I want to thrust my hand through the screen, rip out his still beating heart and shove it up his arse. He truly is the A Grade champion tosser of ALL time.

Keep that pinhead to the Sunday show so I can brace myself for his precence.

Brutus

Referee
It's good to see andrew moore and blocker talking footy for a change rather than whether women should grow hair under their armpits.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I actually happen to think TFS is on the right track lately. They still carry on with the stupid shit but there seems to be far more footy content - that Between the Sticks thing is brilliant and you can hardly criticise them for doing it.

There's things they could definitely drop, no doubt, but on the whole I think it beats last year.

TK is just bareable on the Big Sports Breakfast of a morning, but his efforts last night on the FS was horiffic. There is no comparison between the FS and the Game Plan.

Mr Saab

Referee
Terry Kennedy is the most moronic person talking about league. His idea to have teams only able to kick from 10 out of 20 sets was just typical of a braindead clown.