What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

no name

Coach
FFS. This comes close to nrlnrl in terms of stupidity.

What about the passing drill on the sunday footy show? I spose any halves that go on it and shank their first pass must be shit. It's about as meaningful as what you're bringing up.

As for Joey, Union, AFL, Soccer. Just about any ball sport I reckon he would have killed. He was born with ridiculous skills.

If they miss a 10 metre target by 20 metres, then yes, they are very shit.
Would they still get a point for missing?

Tallis and Fatty were hardly known for their kicking, which accentuates how easy the kick was.

Charlie124

First Grade
Everything involving Mario tonight made me want to shake babies, deadset cringe-worthy.

P.S I should add that otherwise i thought it was a great show tonight.

Gregbyday

Juniors
Well I am sick of it rammed down my throat, from talking sport, to the ABC with ads about their AFL show, news reports on Sydney radio stations about some AFL player being ruled out from a team "in WA", stories in newspapers. Can’t even escape it on an NRL show now. I turned it off as soon as Fatty started masturbating about it.

FMD dead there is an add to the right now as I type with Kevin Sheedys head promoting GWS on this site.:crazy::crazy:

I might be a moron, but I would also like to be able to avoid things that I don’t like. You would think I could do that by following another code and watching content from that code.

Yes you are a moran, acknowledging it is the first part of solving the problem, it was a light hearted sketch.

Why people are so scared of a sport is beyond me, anything that gets kids off the gaming machines and outside is a good thing IMO.

Do you see AFL players under your bed?

Honestly, I wish I had enough time as some people on here to make up shit to be upset about.

I switched to it just as the AFL kicking started. A 5 years retired Joey embarrassed them by kicking their poofy little girl's ball straighter than their stick insect, with either foot. And to rub salt into the wound he put a banana kick where most AFL players can't put it with a normal kick, between the big posts.

You just know the praying mantis could have tried all day to do the same 3 kicks and not succeeded.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Is it just me or has the footy show gotten a bit better. I haven't watched it in years but now my girlfriend always does despite only having a passing interest in footy. The bad is still horrible but there seems to be some good that goes along with it. Some segments need to get cut to make way for proper footy talk though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes you are a moran, acknowledging it is the first part of solving the problem, it was a light hearted sketch.

Why people are so scared of a sport is beyond me, anything that gets kids off the gaming machines and outside is a good thing IMO.

Do you see AFL players under your bed?

Honestly, I wish I had enough time as some people on here to make up shit to be upset about.
:lol: Oh the irony!!

moran.jpg

Good show, the Mario segment was absolutely horrible! What an embarrassment.

On the AFL Segment, people need to really get over it. I thought it was a really good segment, piss funny watching Fatty fall over. Joey was just brilliant, made all those kicks look so easy, he hasn't lost it.

You have to remember, that this show was in Melbourne, Rugby League is barely a blip on the radar down there, so do to a segment on AFL creates a bit of common ground with die hard AFL fans and gets them a bit interested in what the NRL is doing. I thought it was a smart ploy by the footy show from a purely marketing perspective. There is no point trying to work against the AFL Juggernaut down in Melbourne, the NRL would be much better served by working with them, going up against it head on can only end one way.

Jono078

Referee
It was awesome watching Joey do that, would have been good to see the AFL fans react to it..

BunniesMan

Immortal
Some people here would rather have the footy show gone down there, go into the suburbs of Melbourne and tell people how much AFL is terrible and evil and the worst thing man has ever created.

And Jono, I know people suggesting GWS should sign Joey.

I understand that, if he made himself available I'd put him in Origin next week. A near 40 year old Joey would give us a better chance of winning than anyone else.

Gregbyday

Juniors
Did the Morons of AFL have a anything on NRL like this on their afl shows, while trying to win over the NRL fans in Greater Western Sydney (where ever the f**k that is)?

No they declared a war and put the boot into Rugby League every chance they get.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Did the Morons of AFL have a anything on NRL like this on their afl shows, while trying to win over the NRL fans in Greater Western Sydney (where ever the f**k that is)?

No they declared a war and put the boot into Rugby League every chance they get.

Actually you'd be wrong. Storm players have been on the AFL Footy Show a number of times in recent years.

azza29

Juniors
Mario needs a bullet. Disgracefully bad TV when he was on.

Cringeworthy. I was in the audience and even the MC was bagging him out. Can't believe they dragged that out for three segments.

I switched to it just as the AFL kicking started. A 5 years retired Joey embarrassed them by kicking their poofy little girl's ball straighter than their stick insect, with either foot. And to rub salt into the wound he put a banana kick where most AFL players can't put it with a normal kick, between the big posts.

So what do you make of Joey missing the posts by a mile in the kick for cash at the end of the show? Maybe he can score a spot in GWS' lineup.