What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
isn't the ball already on the tee? set up to fail...haven't seen anyone get it yet & the ball always skews to the left

El Diablo

Post Whore
Cringeworthy. I was in the audience and even the MC was bagging him out. Can't believe they dragged that out for three segments.

So what do you make of Joey missing the posts by a mile in the kick for cash at the end of the show? Maybe he can score a spot in GWS' lineup.

he was kicking barefoot

there was some great elements of the show last night.

Things that they have got right:
*I love those sorta, "matey" interviews they do at a training session with the players.
*I love some street talk.
*5 in the bin is excellent.

Things that are ok but could be altered:
*kick for cash is good, but they need to bring in more special guests.
*Beau knows needs to just be beau knows and not his characters he makes up
*Lookalikes is good until they get to random fat guys and redheads, that stuff makes me cringe. how does Darryl not smash Michael Slater.
*Brainstrain is good, but please, less charades.
*stuff you may have missed is great but waaaaay better with Vossy hosting
*the interviews with the young kids who play local footy is good, but they just need to ask more about footy and not whether they have a girlfriend or not.

Stuff they could add:
*work with coke zero and get them to put those skill segments they do on there, they are awesome.

they are finally on the right track, but still, a lot of work needs to be done.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
there was some great elements of the show last night.

Things that they have got right:
*I love those sorta, "matey" interviews they do at a training session with the players.
*I love some street talk.
*5 in the bin is excellent.

Things that are ok but could be altered:
*kick for cash is good, but they need to bring in more special guests.
*Beau knows needs to just be beau knows and not his characters he makes up
*Lookalikes is good until they get to random fat guys and redheads, that stuff makes me cringe. how does Darryl not smash Michael Slater.
*Brainstrain is good, but please, less charades.
*stuff you may have missed is great but waaaaay better with Vossy hosting
*the interviews with the young kids who play local footy is good, but they just need to ask more about footy and not whether they have a girlfriend or not.

Stuff they could add:
*work with coke zero and get them to put those skill segments they do on there, they are awesome.

they are finally on the right track, but still, a lot of work needs to be done.

Agree with pretty much all of the above. Only thing is Coke Zero have a deal with The Game Plan on One - those CZ challenges get shown on that every Thurs.

Another great thing they're doing most weeks - Between the Sticks. Great stuff to see them working with WIN/NBN to get that footage in.

Mr Saab

Referee
Twas a good show.

Mario needs a bullet. Disgracefully bad TV when he was on.

Thank god for IQ....fast forwarded the whole lot of that crap. What he was wearing was embarrising.
He must really love acting like a tosser for the $$$$$

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yes but in general, WIN and NBN are affiliates of 9 and rebroadcast their programming.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Did the Morons of AFL have a anything on NRL like this on their afl shows, while trying to win over the NRL fans in Greater Western Sydney (where ever the f**k that is)?

No they declared a war and put the boot into Rugby League every chance they get.
They've had Slater, Cronk and Smith on. Their attitude is closer to putting the boot into NSW/QLD than into rugby league. When they have them on the AFL footy show attitude goes along the lines of "how good is Melbourne, we're better than the northerners at everything".

Last year when they had a Storm game on channel 9 that one time, it was promoted on the AFL Footy show.

They've had Slater, Cronk and Smith on. Their attitude is closer to putting the boot into NSW/QLD than into rugby league. When they have them on the AFL footy show attitude goes along the lines of "how good is Melbourne, we're better than the northerners at everything".

Last year when they had a Storm game on channel 9 that one time, it was promoted on the AFL Footy show.

Its good, as I said, no point trying to work against the AFL in Melbourne

El Diablo

Post Whore

nice person

cleary89

Coach
Walking my students back from PSSA soccer, making sure they all cross the crossing. A lady pulls over. I think its a mum wanting to pick her kid up 10 mins early and not have to get out of the car. The following conversation happens.
Her "Did you see what he just did?"
Me "Nah, sorry, was making sure they all crossed safely".
H "Call him over and ask him"
M "Come here. What did you do?"
Student "Nothing"
M "What did you do?"
S "I just did doggies"
H "He was making rude gestures, he did this to me (does doggies)"
M "I'm sorry, I'll sort it all out when we get back to school".

f**k you Beau Ryan.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Walking my students back from PSSA soccer, making sure they all cross the crossing. A lady pulls over. I think its a mum wanting to pick her kid up 10 mins early and not have to get out of the car. The following conversation happens.
Her "Did you see what he just did?"
Me "Nah, sorry, was making sure they all crossed safely".
H "Call him over and ask him"
M "Come here. What did you do?"
Student "Nothing"
M "What did you do?"
S "I just did doggies"
H "He was making rude gestures, he did this to me (does doggies)"
M "I'm sorry, I'll sort it all out when we get back to school".

f**k you Beau Ryan.
:lol:

Spud

Juniors
Lol at fatty in reference to the woman in the burqa. "Is that Hazem's wife?"

Last edited: