What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2016

Incorrect

Coach
You can thank the most untalented man on TV Tim Tam Gilbert for this. How anybody finds this bay tanned fat f**k entertaining is beyond me.

Could not agree more.

I've noticed he is starting to editorialise a bit on the Today show in the mornings lately. Don't know if someone has encouraged him to do so, to maybe show that he doesn't have the personality of a used kleenex... not surprisingly most of his 'opinions' align closely to what I imagine channel 9 mgmt would hold dear.

I'm starting to despise him as much as that douche that talks sport on sunrise.... Channel 9 need to get with the times and go and poach one of the girls from Fox Sports, just like 10 did by getting Mel McLaughlin. I wager Megan Barnard or Louise Ransome would be more insightful than Dilbert is...

some11

Referee
With all games live in HD and no ads on Fox I wont have to tune into 9 for any footy content whatsoever.

How the f**k did they greenlight this for another year? mind boggling.

With all games live in HD and no ads on Fox I wont have to tune into 9 for any footy content whatsoever.

How the f**k did they greenlight this for another year? mind boggling.

Testify!

If I don't hear Rabs senile old voice again it will be too soon.

I've noticed he is starting to editorialise a bit on the Today show in the mornings lately. Don't know if someone has encouraged him to do so, to maybe show that he doesn't have the personality of a used kleenex... not surprisingly most of his 'opinions' align closely to what I imagine channel 9 mgmt would hold dear.

I'm starting to despise him as much as that douche that talks sport on sunrise.... Channel 9 need to get with the times and go and poach one of the girls from Fox Sports, just like 10 did by getting Mel McLaughlin. I wager Megan Barnard or Louise Ransome would be more insightful than Dilbert is...

I've noticed this too, it's kinda funny watching him sit awkwardly in the corner like a dunce and anything he says gets ignored.

And if the Footy Show could poach Megan Barnard I would watch it religiously every week from start to finish. Even if she could just host coverage of the games in a similar way to Mel does for the Big Bash that'd be good. Megan is damn attractive!

And if the Footy Show could poach Megan Barnard I would watch it religiously every week from start to finish. Even if she could just host coverage of the games in a similar way to Mel does for the Big Bash that'd be good. Megan is damn attractive!

Whilst Megan Barnard is a professional, I've heard around the traps she is very much an AFL fan girl. Hence she may not be the best fit for an NRL show.

Incorrect

Coach
Whilst Megan Barnard is a professional, I've heard around the traps she is very much an AFL fan girl. Hence she may not be the best fit for an NRL show.

I blame Peter Peters.... After he lewdly suggested she was a "good sort" at that Manly presser that time, is it any wonder she was turned off league.... what self respecting girl would want this hitting on them....

See image in next post... How do you delete posts???!!!!

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach

I blame Peter Peters.... After he lewdly suggested she was a "good sort" at that Manly presser that time, is it any wonder she was turned off league.... what self respecting girl would want this hitting on them;

Peter-Peters-6138036.jpg

I blame Peter Peters.... After he lewdly suggested she was a "good sort" at that Manly presser that time, is it any wonder she was turned off league.... what self respecting girl would want this hitting on them;

Peter-Peters-6138036.jpg

Well it looks like both you and I are completely wrong. The following was posted on the Daily Telegraph's website -

Megan Barnard and Fox Sports take on Nine?s stranglehold on NRL coverage with Friday night show

February 22, 2016 12:01am
Jonathon Moran, Chief Entertainment Writer
The Daily Telegraph

RUGBY league TV broadcasting is up for a major shake-up in 2016 and Megan Barnard will be a part of that.

She will be announced on Monday as one of the team on Fox Sports new show, Friday Night Footy, that will go head to head against Nine.

It?s part of a significant opening up of the game with Fox Sports last year announcing it would broadcast every game of each round in the NRL competition live.

Previously Nine had the rights to broadcast three games exclusively, two on Friday night and one on a Sunday.

?This is a game changer,? Barnard told The Daily Telegraph.

?It?s the first year we?ve got every NRL game live ad free siren to siren so I guess it hasn?t ever been bigger with the whole channel devoted to the game.?

Of the head to head battle with Nine, Barnard, 31, added: ?Pick where you want to watch it but Fox Sports is the place to be. This is all about the game and the sport with entertainment too.?

Barnard?s role within the Friday night show will be to present league news headlines alongside the panel of experts including Matty Johns, Gorden Tallis, Bryan Fletcher and Nathan Hindmarsh.

?I?ll pop up throughout the show,? she said. ?And there will always be banter when you?ve got those boys on there.?

Barnard, who studied journalism at the Queensland University of Technology, was careful when asked her favourite team and player but when pushed said Melbourne Storm and Cooper Cronk.

She also didn?t want to enter into the women in sport debate.

?It has been done to death, we need to stop talking about it and get on with it,? she said. ?There are women who know a lot about sport, every code has a woman covering it. We just need to move on from that to be honest.?

Incorrect

Coach
SHOOSH II

Stand by for two big announcements at Channel 9 regarding new talent for The Footy Show this season. The show has been moved to Wednesday night because of Thursday night footy. Fatty Vautin is back for his 23rd year as host, which must be nearly a record in live TV. Renee Gartner has also joined the team.

Renee Gartner used to be on that show Warren Smith used to host on Sunday nights on Fox, forget what it was called. She knows the game, and is quite easy on the eye to boot. Good appointment IMO.

Will leave Erin Molan in the shade when it comes to footy and eye candy contributions....

Not sure what role Renee Gartner will have on the show, but hopefully has a good run on the show and takes over Erin Molan's co-host role.

Gartner has great knowledge of the game. She also has appeared on Sportsfan Clubhouse, a generic sports show that aired on Seven Mate over the last few years and is a great tv personality. She's great on tv.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Good, original, crisp and fresh.

These words have nothing to do with the footy show. Cringeworthy.

Nope. I have foxtel. 8 games live sans Gus talking bout himself, Rabs senile and self indulgent ramblings and no Joey with his eyes spinning around in his head.

I will.miss Simple Fred. Legend. But, I will have to live with that.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Not sure what role Renee Gartner will have on the show, but hopefully has a good run on the show and takes over Erin Molan's co-host role.

Gartner has great knowledge of the game. She also has appeared on Sportsfan Clubhouse, a generic sports show that aired on Seven Mate over the last few years and is a great tv personality. She's great on tv.

She will be made to look an imbecile. And i agree, she knows her footy. She'll make a point, it will be a good one and it will be totally brushed over as Erin Molan says some shit about some shit, before Fatty chucks a head wobble and the audience follows to autocue to go off their ever-loving heads.

Commercial TV land is a desert.

Latest posts