What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show Thread 2007

Mr Saab

Referee
Not as glad as hearing Johns make a fool of himself in saying the Gummies can win the comp this yr

Brutus

Referee
They really are struggling with the same old Fenech dumb act week in week out. It never changes.

The producers of this show have nothing and should be sacked.

wittyfan

Referee
The show rated 220,000 in Sydney last night, and just 88,000 in Brisbane. Law & Order had almost double it's audience in Sydney (387,000), although the finale of The Biggest Loser was on before it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It is a debacle. On the other hand the AFL show was extremely good. They went into depth about the West Coast Eagles Board meeting to be conducted on Sunday and went into the status of the Kangaroos. The AFL show shows EXACTLY haow you can combine seriousness and comedy and you don't have to like AFL to see that their show has a better feel to it. They also cover each game in depth!

shear_joy9

Coach
Spot on locky.

The AFL footy show has IMO been so much better than the NRL counterpart for a number of years now.

The show is funny, and as mentioned each game is discussed for more than 10 seconds.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The thing that really annoys me and many posters here about the NRL show is the length of discussing the games. After the show you would be lucky to know what games are on friday let alone the rest of the round. They go through the games in 30 seconds which is just silly. Why have panel members if you are not going to discuss the games! The AFL show and you may absolutely HATE the sport, but the AFL show has a better format!

El Diablo

Post Whore
the weird thing is that most NRL fans don't like TFS and prefer the format of the AFL version, yet AFL fans don't like their show and prefer the format of the NRL one :?

from http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318257

I really do like the footy show, but I watched the NRL one yesterday and it is waay ahead of the AFL one. And I have no interest in Rugby at all.

I watch it too and I like it heaps better then the AFL one..

the afl show is an old tired format. and the 3-player panellist are generally boring as batsh*t.

the nrl show is all over it now. they approach it as a footy/variety program and it seems to be better now that it ever was.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

It won the Sports Program Logie again :lol:

FunkyMonk

Juniors
I don't know if anyone noticed but Chief just gave Noddy the most femminine touch ever in history of the footy show while asking him if he is alright to play after the warriors game. SUSS!!!!!!!!!!!! this was at 10:35pm after that's gold.

Cougar3

Juniors
FunkyMonk said:
I don't know if anyone noticed but Chief just gave Noddy the most femminine touch ever in history of the footy show while asking him if he is alright to play after the warriors game. SUSS!!!!!!!!!!!! this was at 10:35pm after that's gold.

Yep saw that! Then saw Johns start to sing 9 to 5. So that's my 5 minutes this year - close to the most unwatchable show of all I reckon.

Latest posts