What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show Thread 2007

effnic

Bench
I actually thought it was a above average show this week, ash and lutsy are pretty funny guys. One more thing i noticed the roosters should sign up there mascot did anyone see that hit he put on Johns better than any hit i have seen on the field from any roosters players and the penrith mascot was also more fired up than his team.

donkey|rope

Juniors
The Footy Show isn't as bad as what 90% of you make it out to be.

It’s cringe-worthy; but then it has always been, it’s stupid and always will be, and every once in a while its laugh like it should do. I'm not saying that it is amazing television but since when was it ever? There are lots of things wrong with the show, but I really couldn't care less, especially not enough to post week in week out about how bad it is.

The AFL show is terrible. I seriously can't understand how any of you could watch it, especially those who say 'I hate AFL, but I love their show’. Their format is so ill-defined, at no point in the show do they achieve any semblance of momentum, and their panellists, as one BigFooty member describes it, are like 'introverts waiting for each other to speak'. They talk AFL, but the Thursday night 9:30 slot isn't conducive to it.

"When will people realise (sic) that it's meant to be a light entertainment show related to football and not a serious football discussion show like what you get on radio." - some dude from the BigFooty board

smeghead

Bench
The highlight of the show was the Junior footy spot.

The enthusiasm of the kids was great. And the lungs on that mum in the green tight top. Hey Ya

I've never watched the AFL Footy Show, and never will.

The world's greatest format can't make up for the absolutely sh*thouse content. Watching a show all about AFL with wankers like Marmalade and that other idiot who got run over by his girlfriend is about as mouthwatering a prospect as having my goolies ironed by a hippo.

The Leage Footy Show just simply got too monotonous. Every time I watched it all I ever saw was the same old, same old. It just wasn't worth wading through the chaff to get to the wheat.

If Matty Johns ran it and they flicked Vautin and Chief, I'd be back.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
The footy show is becoming more and more pathetic every week. This is the origin week and that's the best they could come up with?!!!!!!!!!:shock: :sick:

Only real highlight tonight is the support band playing the "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" riff by the Red Hot Chili Peppers \\\\:D/ during the "magician" part.

Wilco

Juniors
I make a point never to watch the Newcastle Footy Show. Do Newcastle fans even like it anymore?

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
caught the last half hour when i returned from the pub last night and even when pissed, this show STINKS!
Deadset, talk about going thru the motions, Matt Johns acts likes he just doesnt want to be there, and Fatty, well same head wobbling and jokes he used in 95.
I know ppl say well just turn the channel or don't watch it but i think we all do in hope of it turning around.
Change the format and hosts and then MAYBE it's worth saving.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes..and whats to bet they STILL spent a combined maximum of 2 minutes on the whole round not including the Origin. My gosh it is a horrible show, terrible format, terrible hosts. At least teh AFL show talks about the games! Thank gosh for NRL on Fox!

Brutus

Referee
doglyf said:
if you dont like it dont watch it, its simple far out some people

I watch parts of it probably once every four or so weeks when I'm on my computer doing other stuff (TV on in the background).

I have no people coming on here and bagging it. They are rugby league fans and want to see their beloved product shown in a much more professional light. We would also like to see the crap rate better which will only come about by changing the format which is brought about by people's complaints.

It's got to the stage where I couldn't care if they took it off TV which is a shame because I'm one of the people who the show would be hoping to rope in.

Geohood

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Yes..and whats to bet they STILL spent a combined maximum of 2 minutes on the whole round not including the Origin. My gosh it is a horrible show, terrible format, terrible hosts. At least teh AFL show talks about the games! Thank gosh for NRL on Fox!

Ive never heard that in my life lol

sooperdooper

First Grade
does anyone not realise that 9 has 2 other shows for nrl....?
sunday footy show and the roast...
thursday is due for entertainment

FunkyMonk

Juniors
sooperdooper said:

And some crappy entertainment it is as well..:?

Brutus

Referee
sooperdooper said:

Yes, but the main problem is that it's trash entertainment. CRAPOLA!! If they were actually funny, then we wouldn't have a problem.

The poor ratings back this up.

Latest posts