What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show Thread 2007

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
it was definately an improvement on the past. The thing that irked me, is how they rushed the games... fatty said "we are running out of time here," as the panellists were getting into it.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Cowgirl86 said:
Wow how shy is Sonny Bill?

Alot of the Maori/Polynesian boys are extremely shy - i still think he is slowly improving tho - Jonah Lomu was an absolute shocking interview early on in his career, now hes got quite a good tv manner

Waiting for SBW to be named Kiwi captain :cool: :cool: :cool:

Shorty

Staff member
Murphdogg1 said:
Alot of the Maori/Polynesian boys are extremely shy - i still think he is slowly improving tho - Jonah Lomu was an absolute shocking interview early on in his career, now hes got quite a good tv manner

Waiting for SBW to be named Kiwi captain :cool: :cool: :cool:
It'd break Kidwell's heart:(,besides he's only 21.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Kidwell > capn than SBW imo.

they are gonna have one awesome back row, i tells ya.

Imagine this team;

Webb
Hape
Vagana
Soliola
Vatuvei
Benji
Jones/Roberts
Wiki
Fien/Seu Seu/Ropati/Hohaia
Asotasi
Kidwell
Faalogo
SBW

Pritchard
Blair
N Cayless

no.2_lukeburt said:

Imagine this team;

Webb
Hape
Vagana
Soliola
Vatuvei
Benji
Jones/Roberts
Wiki
Asotasi
Kidwell
Faalogo
SBW

Pritchard
Blair
N Cayless

wiki has retired from rep football.

still an awesome side though.

Phillips

Referee
no.2_lukeburt said:

Imagine this team;

Webb
Hape
Vagana
Soliola
Vatuvei
Benji
Jones/Roberts
Wiki
Asotasi
Kidwell
Faalogo
SBW

Pritchard
Blair
N Cayless

Vagana has retired from rep games as has Wiki and Jones

not sure whats the go with Fien anymore?

Xplosive

Juniors
I think the NRL prostituting SBW is a disgrace
He does not owe Johns sh!t.
He already said sorry
Why is he saying sorry again.
Just so news limited can get more ratings and sell more papers

Pigskin

Juniors
just watched the AFL footy show, finished around 1.30am Qld time

I understand this is broken record stuff, but seriously Nein ... just change the format and get a real panel for the League version

I don't even watch AFL games, i just enter footy comps

The AFL footy show has it all, its informative and entertaining

They ripped apart the Ben Cousins issue in depth - a good 30 mins - very big story

Enjoyed the show

Oink !

McCrud

Juniors
meh - I see we were served up the usual Footy Show tripe this week....

The Newcastle circlejerk is really getting out of hand.....

I thought Sonny-Bill conducted himself with class on the show tonight, seems like a genuine and humble person.

A.Johns on the other hand was quite the tool IMO. What arrogance to publicly 'congratulate' SBW for coming on the show and 'apologising to him' - ummmm....sorry Andrew, no matter what your backstage fanclub told you, nobody was sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for someone to grovel at your feet. SBW is just a good bloke, he's not one of the many arse-kissing bootlickers to which you are so obviously used to dealing with.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Le KooK said:
meh - I see we were served up the usual Footy Show tripe this week....

The Newcastle circlejerk is really getting out of hand.....

I thought Sonny-Bill conducted himself with class on the show tonight, seems like a genuine and humble person.

A.Johns on the other hand was quite the tool IMO. What arrogance to publicly 'congratulate' SBW for coming on the show and 'apologising to him' - ummmm....sorry Andrew, no matter what your backstage fanclub told you, nobody was sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for someone to grovel at your feet. SBW is just a good bloke, he's not one of the many arse-kissing bootlickers to which you are so obviously used to dealing with.

Years ago, there was a great league show every Sunday called Controversy Corner on Channel 7. They focussed on the games and issues related - and realy got into it. It was great. they then brought a couple of players on for a passing competition, prizes etc. Simple but effective.

As years went by, the annual league players dress-up type stuff (funny but talent-less0 started getting televised once a year.

This is what has spawned the likes of Fatty - a fair dinkum talentless, ugly nobody who honestly believes he has talent. Arko must have pulled strings to get him the gig - he's got nothing.

these guys have got to get back to 90% footy/10% stuffing around - and realise that they are there because of the game. Leave the comdey to genuine comics.

The Footy Show is embarrassing. The decision to give a logie to this tripe last year was a joke. If it died tomorrow, who would really care?

paulquinn49

Bench
God damn, you whinging bitches should all stand around warragamba damn and just let loose. I tell yah what the dam levels wouldnt be sitting at 30% for very long, plus you could probably make some cash out of the government.

kooriguy

Juniors
piss chief off i have to change the chanel everytime he speaks true blue moran especialy his song now.. trying to be matty johns its sad so sad.