What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sounds odd, but I think the sacking of Matty Johns may just have saved this show...

RABK

Referee
Gus entered raving lunatic territory with that comment, but he's been excellent otherwise. Magnay's still a lot better than any other option we've got (and we need a woman there), and SBW is talking f**king gibberish.

ffs magnay is not the best anything. My sister could sit on that panel without looking like a deer in headlights and talk facts and sense about the game.

Magnay is the woman who attempts to join in a family bbq conversation with some stupid line like "oh ricky stuart is the sharks fullback isnt he?"
Its an insult to all of us having her on there.

BWNB

First Grade
We gotta let SBW get on with his life. We are all being too harsh on him.
Leave that poor kid alone!

kurt faulk

Coach
Whatever Gus is smoking he probably needs to lay off it for a while. Saying that Ben Hornby should of gone to the ref and said that he should still award a try is ridiculous! If someone had told him that when he was at Newtown I am sure Gus would have recommended a particular orifice in which to stick that idea!

it wasn't what gould was smoking, it's what he's smelling.

like he was smelling it all friday night.

notice how they all shouted down magnay when she tried to point out other ref decisions during the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flapper

First Grade
ffs magnay is not the best anything. My sister could sit on that panel without looking like a deer in headlights and talk facts and sense about the game.

Well send in her resume for f**ks sake :lol: I'm not saying she's good, I'm saying she's the best option.

I think Magnay does a pretty good job in the boys club. She makes some good points and doesn't try to do too much. She makes mistakes but she has only been on for a few shows. I don't see why she should explain herself to Gus f**kin Gould. She works for the paper and her job is to get the story, Gus knew that before tonight's show so what the f**k?

Chook Norris

First Grade
Too true.

Good to see SBW has learnt French....Because I sure as f**k couldnt understand him.

:lol:

"umm like i sed..umm.. *cough* if i had my umm time agen... i'd have called my team mates.. but knowing how passionate they were.umm.. *cough* they wouldn't have... umm (pauses) understood"
*looks up proud that he has finally strung a sentence together*