What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Ahn Do's attempt at catching a bomb was GOLD! (well, he was funny all round!)

And I always thought Do was a Parra fan. There was a big write up on him around when Footy Legends came out and I'm sure he said he was an Eels fan.

Last edited:

ibeme

First Grade
I don't see why she should explain herself to Gus f**kin Gould. She works for the paper and her job is to get the story, Gus knew that before tonight's show so what the f**k?

He's making her accountable. It's her job to report the truth. Here we have a situation where Zappia is denying what she said in the article. That means that either he's lying, or her story is incorrect. As Gus said, the headlines can't be undone, and given the ramifications, she needs to make damn sure that she's got it right.

And this bullsh*t about telling the story in bits and pieces over time is a clear indication that this is nothing more than a form of entertainment that they are selling. Their concern is not for those involved. She'd come straight out and tell the full story if it was.

spider

Coach
I think it was rehearsed. Magnay saw it coming.
i totally agree - she was prepped, but still too useless to carry off her answers as if they were 'off the cuff'

she said its only 1/10 of the story

it would be extremely funny if a confidentiality agreement had been signed by hall preventing it ever being discussed - how will the public ever hear the other 9/10's of it

And this bullsh*t about telling the story in bits and pieces over time is a clear indication that this is nothing more than a form of entertainment that they are selling. Their concern is not for those involved. She'd come straight out and tell the full story if it was.

Are you familiar with these publications? Of course they are entertainment. The more copies they sell, the more money they make.

kurt faulk

Coach
it wasn't what gould was smoking, it's what he's smelling.

like he was smelling it all friday night.

notice how they all shouted down magnay when she tried to point out other ref decisions during the game.

f**k me, i can't slip anything past you guys.

but i bet gould lets plenty slip through his mouth.

ibeme

First Grade
Are you familiar with these publications? Of course they are entertainment. The more copies they sell, the more money they make.

And that's the problem with the media, and it shouldn't be something that we just tolerate. They should be made accountable to put accuracy before profit, and put the news item before profit.

ibeme

First Grade
Did Gus just call Magnay Rebecca when she commented on Canberra being too cold for the Warriors?