What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Someone

Bench
Funny how phil gould carries on with the whole amazing tactics bullsh*t, but really the storm were just playing basic footy and he made a massive deal out of it.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Call me crazy ...first time I have watched the show in years was last night.

but I just can't seem to get enough of that disortion thing they do to marios head.

Do they do it every week?....

best part of the show.

BTW the drunker I got the uglier Gould got.

Sadly, the Mario head thing was funny. But - fair dinkum - where's his pride? he's only on to be the butt of kiddies' jokes.

Masterclass?
1. Gould says "obviously, Bellamy is a genius who targetted Weyman's fatigue and this and that". Slater says - "actually, no, Smith just ran the ball and I ran up next and got the ball and it's all reaction". Made Gould look like an absolute tosser.

2. Where was the question "I know it's a tough game - but I think it's pathetic that you target someone's depression as fair game". Thta is what should have been said.

Danish

Referee
The masterclass segment sure was an absolute wankfest.

I mean FFS slater and the storm in general have scored enough brilliant tries to not go on and on and on and on and on about a simple inside ball play, surely??

We see several of those every week across the 8 games without the need for a hose down of the commentary box afterwards.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
2. Where was the question "I know it's a tough game - but I think it's pathetic that you target someone's depression as fair game". Thta is what should have been said.

Whilst I don't agree that should have been the wording, I agree with the sentiment.

But they're never going to ask the tough questions, because then the players won't come back on. And they won't be able to be chummy with them either. That's probably why this Paul Kent guy does it well on Matty Johns' show - he couldn't care if he makes mates or not.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i thought the master class was good, slater is more articulate than i thought
and ive been watching the footy show for a good while now and am sick of the camera effect geeing up mario, but that one where it made him look like a bodybuilder was good, id love to see what that camera makes sterlo look like

Yeah the Masterclass was very good. Billy's very articulate and aware. They did actually purposefully isolated Weyman in that instance, though Slater said they had not targeted Mortimer in another example. Anytime a tired front rower gets next to a centre in a sliding line, he should be exposed by a good ball player and a runner. Slater also emphasizes that reaction is the most important part of his game. Not just physical reaction to the bounce of the ball, but more importantly mental reaction to any opportunity that arises, u gotta be fast and clinical. Also he made clear that just because he can see an opportunity and calls for a play, the ball-player (usually Cronk) is the boss who continously is weighing up various options and decides what to play. In that sense, the ball players need a lot more anticipation and constant planning, while the ball runners like Slater need to be able to react very fast to whatever the ball player decides to play. I really enjoyed that segment.

Brutus

Referee
Just heard Fatty on the radio say that they're lining up Jarryd Hayne for a masterclass with Gus in a couple of weeks.

I can see that being rather painful.

nqcowboy87

Bench
that powers bloke just shown up for the fraud he is, when he was putting falcon "under" falcon smiled a bit when he said he would blamed fatty for everything, then he said he would only say falcon would get hungry when one of the panel said falcon, a crowd member said falcon and falcon said his line and powers had to remind him of the script

Jono078

Referee
Worst show in a long time.

The music has been sh*t. Dj has looked dumb again and powers got shown up.

Apey

Staff member
Not to mention when the music played the second time you could hear Powers saying "Camera 2" to Falcon who didn't get up and just sat there. :lol:

Jason Maher

Immortal
How about Fatty asking Tony Jones from Melbourne whether there was any adverse reaction from the Melbourne fans straight after he'd just related about said fans dumping merchandise and season tickets on the club's doorstep. :lol:

nqcowboy87

Bench
and the stooges still tried to sell the powers bit at the end
fat: falcon you where really under
falcon: what, oh yeah, i gotta massive headache
:roll::roll::roll:

Danish

Referee
You could even see during the Powers bit that Mario, as big a goose as he is, just stopped playing along because he felt like an idiot and didnt want to do it anymore.

Always known comedy hypnosis was a joke but jesus that was just the ultimate proof, haha

timka4

Bench
yeh it was ricidulous how much falcon was faking that, hypnosis is fake anyways, its only ever half good on his show on comedy channel and even that creates a rare laugh, but falcon gave away alot that he was faking with forgetting to kiss the camera in the end, smiling and nodding when he was "asleep"

The Tank

Bench
Yeh they spoke about it at the start. Same old same old. Gould blaming Gallop instead of the Storm etc etc

Latest posts