What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Apey

Staff member
That's pretty harsh Tank. I for one, got more out of it than you. If you had have put your bias aside for five minutes you might've too.

For those of you that are interested, Gus's article in the SMH pretty much reflects, verbatim what he said last night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...azen-deception-20100422-tfzu.html?autostart=1

Gus believes every club does it but not to that magnitude, which is interesting. I doubt anything else will come out though.

:? What bias? Someone asked if anything was said and I answered.

Sorry mate, thought it was another anti Gus (not that he doesn't deserve it sometimes;-)) response from you. Got to admit that his response last night was a little deeper than you gave it credit for.

The Tank

Bench
Sorry mate, thought it was another anti Gus (not that he doesn't deserve it sometimes;-)) response from you. Got to admit that his response last night was a little deeper than you gave it credit for.

No worries mate. I just wanted to give a quick response. Couldn't be arsed going into detail.

forward pass

Coach
Considering this is one of the biggest stories in Australain Sports history, I thought the footy show did a pathetic job of covering this story last night.

I knew it was going to be ordinary as soon as I saw the panel they had. Wendell Sailor...wtf.

They need to have Sterlo, Andrew Johns maybe, Gus even Vossy. It was pathetic - it really was. The Matty Johns show did a much better job of it.

Tipster

Bench
Yeah they should have at least had a panel discussion with some respected journos instead of making it a case of Gus delivering a monologue.

that powers bloke just shown up for the fraud he is, when he was putting falcon "under" falcon smiled a bit when he said he would blamed fatty for everything, then he said he would only say falcon would get hungry when one of the panel said falcon, a crowd member said falcon and falcon said his line and powers had to remind him of the script

Mario couldnt even sell it too save himself, deadset his reactions and reaction time were ordinary. I don't think I even chuckled it was that ordinary, also how he hypnotised him in about what was it 0.25 of a second was rubbish as well, and never brought him out of it either. Fatty copping the pie @ the end was slightly amusing.

Bagging Mario is funny when do sporadically, but not week in week out.

Pretty decent show otherwise.

Iafeta

Referee
The discussion on the MJS of the issue with Melbourne was so far superior then the Footy Show's coverage, it simply didn't compare. Phil Gould's monologue was typical agenda laiden tripe against News Limited, and for the scrapping of the Salary Cap. He's quite content it seems for a handful of clubs to overspend and become insolvent, as he believes that will make things better for the players. He believes the Melbourne Storm team was the symbol of professionalism and what we should strive to be, cheats? We should all want to cheat? Poor old Gus, no idea.

Iafeta

Referee
How about Fatty asking Tony Jones from Melbourne whether there was any adverse reaction from the Melbourne fans straight after he'd just related about said fans dumping merchandise and season tickets on the club's doorstep. :lol:

How bad was that? He has no idea.

nqcowboy87

Bench
what about gus's comments who would we rather see a cronulla sharks team or a melbourne storm team, i mean they cheated, i for one over the last 3- 4 years was so sick of the storm winning all the time. id rather an even competition than one dominant team

Iafeta

Referee
I understand what he's saying... but... to me there's a lot of other successful clubs who have been great to watch who have NOT been rorting the cap (to the best of our knowledge of course). His monologue though was borderline ridiculous at best, so far wide of the mark..

Where was Beau Knows? They advertised it on the intro.

They said Beau Ryan and Chris Heighington would be guests, and they were.

Anyone else see Ennis mention the "playing of that little trumpet" when he was talking about the Last Post in the ANZAC Day match between the Dragons and Roosters? What an idiot.

mrford61

Juniors
Gus: Success is like a drug

Wendell: Not the word I would've used

Yeah the quip about the little trumpet was a bit how ya going.

Tipster

Bench
Apaprently there will be a roundable discussion on the Storm issue, salary cap etc with Gould and a few of the club CEOs.

El Diablo

Post Whore
FFS

enough of Gould and his sh*t. there can never be a sensible discussion when that twat is there