What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

Tipster

Bench
Seriously what are the CEOs going to say? The NRL put out that press release on Sunday saying how each of the NRL clubs backed the penalty handed to the Storm. They are now not going to come on tonight and say anything other than tow the NRL line.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm not a huge Gould fan or anything but I have to agree with him about the penalties being rushed. I liked seeing him make Gallop feel uncomfortable, I've never liked Gallop since he came in early last decade.

Brutus

Referee
Gould is the only one who makes Gallop feel uncomfortable. Graham Hughes has in the past I suppose. Otherwise Gallop gets an easy run in the media.

There's a lot of people here who all of a sudden seem to rate Gallop highly. I haven't see photo of him in deep thought much recently.

BTW, Ken Sutcliffe said the Footy Show tonight will be completely devoted to the Storm issue.

People who don't think the salary cap needs tinkering obviously want to see our stars go to other codes.

The Tank

Bench
I actually agree with the heart of Gould's argument, but I don't agree with his behaviour towards Gallop and his defence of the Storm. The salary cap does need changes but that doesn't change the fact that Melbourne cheated and attacking Gallop changes nothing.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Why is this dickhead reporter from melbourne attempting to defend Waldron ? Good bloke, young kids at school, elderly parents, must be tough for him. Poor Waldren

IanG

Coach
Also is it just me or did Peter Parr seen really nervous? not just him saying more Ums and Ahs than Molly Meldrum but also his body language as well seemed to be really be fidgetty

El Diablo

Post Whore
he was like that talking about everything. didn't seem nervous

Beesting head was upset Furner agreed with Gallop

just f**k off Gould

chrisD

Coach
Hahahahah this guy is awesome. Just give everyone a million bucks, It's like Russell Crowe's solution to the GFC.

AFL footy show announced that Folau will announce he is going to quit the Broncos at the end of 2010. His management approached the AFL a few months ago and has done testing with the same people Hunt did. Apparently he has been offered $3mil over 3yrs at Western Sydney AFL team. The AFL will be paying 50-60% of his salary as promotions.

Still undecided as to whether he will accept AFL or RU.

dragonfire

Bench
how can they say it is fair play to let the storm play for points this year? seriously thy should be banned from playing at all this season

Doug2234

First Grade
I'm soooo f**king over the Storm sh*t. It was a f**king week ago.

Gould f**ks on about how it was in the past and he only cares about the future, well f**k me how about moving on.

Ch9 once again trying to milk it again. Not that I love News Ltd but ch9 just want to stir the masses against News Ltd.

elbusto

Coach
AFL footy show announced that Folau will announce he is going to quit the Broncos at the end of 2010. His management approached the AFL a few months ago and has done testing with the same people Hunt did. Apparently he has been offered $3mil over 3yrs at Western Sydney AFL team. The AFL will be paying 50-60% of his salary as promotions.

Still undecided as to whether he will accept AFL or RU.
If that is true, and its a big if, Folau will be a damp squid. He has been playing ordinary football and I cannot imagine he will be missed too much. To be honest, since he left the Storm he has become just another player. If the AFL offers him a million dollars it will be money badly spent.