What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The frustration

adamkungl

Immortal
You guys are a better side than you're position on the table shows. Quite impressed every time i've seen Knights play. About today, I agreed with everything except the refs call from the video, however the refereeing in general play was poor, and both sides had no respect for the football. Very even contest. MacDougall has to be close to retiring doesnt he? Silly mistakes, seems to offer little

Knights01

Juniors
Frustrating to watch that 80 minutes of football. You could show that as a video of how to 'stuff' up playing with a breeze in the first half. Completition rate was terrible which impacted on Mullo's chances of attempting 40/20s!

In the 2nd half - well that was just give the Roosters a penalty to help them out of their own half and if it wasn't a penalty it was a mistake gifting them field position.

I totally agree with the Freeman 'comments'. Yes they both expressed their 'love' for the Roosters halves during the call (and of course the predicable shots of Wayne in the crowd). I am a Qlder come Origin time and i was thinking the the NSW selectors would maybe consider Pearce at 7 (if Wallace is out), with Anasta apparently a shoe-in for 5/8. Well I think they both were pretty 'average' today.

Good call on the 'Roosters well constructed tries' point. Yeah good call Garry - here is how it works:

1st tackle - hit up
2nd tackle - hit up
3rd tackle - hit up (maybe a second man play)
4th tackle - hit up
5th tackle - couple of passes then take the tackle
6th tackle - kick for the wing and hope for the best

They said that 50% of their tries come from kicks - is that a blight on the game or are they saying that is great coaching by Freddie??

The Roosters were gifted field position all day long and that is what cost the boys the 2 points.

The boys have a couple of tough games coming up with Manly and then the Dragons in the next fortnight - need to win one if not both of those. Next week against Manly will be a tough battle minus our Origin stars!

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
You guys are a better side than you're position on the table shows. Quite impressed every time i've seen Knights play. About today, I agreed with everything except the refs call from the video, however the refereeing in general play was poor, and both sides had no respect for the football. Very even contest. MacDougall has to be close to retiring doesnt he? Silly mistakes, seems to offer little

He actually hasn't been that bad in the last few weeks. But he lost us the game today single handedly, don't know if he should get dropped. I think he deserves another shot, but he is keeping some rather good juniors back (Sau, Lulia, Uate).

Whats Doing

Bench
100% for effort, zero for execution. The first half stats showed we completed 11 from 21 with the strong wind at our back. Thats where we lost it.

Why we continually push the pass deep in our own half, who knows.

We showed we can compete with the top sides but all season, our high mistake rate continues to cost us games. Today it wasn't one or two players, its was most of them.

BTW I believe we have only won 3 matches at home out of the last 12.

Apey

Staff member
He actually hasn't been that bad in the last few weeks. But he lost us the game today single handedly, don't know if he should get dropped. I think he deserves another shot, but he is keeping some rather good juniors back (Sau, Lulia, Uate).

Way too harsh. We lost it as a team. He didn't make all the loose carries. Yes, I know he stuffed up, but to say it was his fault entirely? Ludicrous.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Way too harsh. We lost it as a team. He didn't make all the loose carries. Yes, I know he stuffed up, but to say it was his fault entirely? Ludicrous.

He threw that stupid pass that led to an error and then when the kick went up he tried to take someone out rather than contest the ball and left kenny-dowell to grab it and basically fall over. A try that Roosters scored because of his stupidity. Sure other guys f**ked up but not that much.

Jono078

Referee
I find it so ridiculous how some players lineup for the kickoffs.

All he had to do was have 1 foot outside the line and then just TOUCH the ball, dont even have to catch it.

I was thinking what the hell is he doing, he had it right then lifted his leg, was so stupid, poor awareness.

The benefit of the doubt calls today were diabolical!

BOTD is only supposed to be used when you can't see something, yet it's obvious it happened. Right? I'm very confused as to how the video didn't show MacDougall getting taken out on their first try and we couldn't see Keeny-Dowel's leg and the goal-line in their second.

Vid ref simply had no balls.

Jezuz...i really think that benefit of the doubt "tries" should go to the DEFENDING team..Plus the come from lottery kicks.
I really think that the Doogs pass was called for from bailey..i it had stuck he had vuna on the outside.
But having said that..he really should have tried to defuse the bomb rather than interfere with the attackers which would have been a penalty anyway...very studip play Doogs
I now think we are hanging in the balance...with manly at gosford on sat nite followed by the dragons.
That game really cost us some breathing space
Freakin two tries off benefit of the doubt..pisses yer off..and tho i was a long way away from the last player..i thought there may have been some doubt about it..surely enuff to press the green button and give us OUR benefit:x

Vuna took their defender out in the air. God knows how the vid ref missed that anyway.

I'd like to see Patterson's try in regular speed too.

General Knight

Juniors
We can't blame the ref for that game. Yes, the refereeing was terrible today but I think it worked for both sides, it was probably favoured towards us more.

We just lost that through a tonne of simple mistakes and thats how we have been playing the last couple of games only to get away with it. This week we just got punished by a side that can actually play.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
We can't blame the ref for that game. Yes, the refereeing was terrible today but I think it worked for both sides, it was probably favoured towards us more.

We just lost that through a tonne of simple mistakes and thats how we have been playing the last couple of games only to get away with it. This week we just got punished by a side that can actually play.

Probably right there. That was the difference between this week and last 2.

roopy

Referee
Smith said in the press conference that we stepped up a level this week.
I have to agree - it was a totally different level of opposition.
Now if we could step up a level against the weak sides we would be going somewhere.

Latest posts