What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future Endeavors Have Begun

Big Pete

Referee
Ahhh TNA.

Hire a WWE wrestler, have them go over one of your main eventers only to let them go a month or so later. Brilliant.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If that's the case, he made the right choice. He was never going to be pushed at any meaningful level in TNA.

FWIW, I don't think Daniels counts as a main eventer. Being in a triple threat title match doesn't make you a main eventer, and I don't think even the most ardent Daniels fan could say he's been at main event level in the last few years, if ever.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
No, I remember it fine. Being in a main event isn't the same as being a main eventer. John Cena and Kofi Kingston, for example. One is a main eventer and one is someone who has main evented. Daniels is not a main eventer.

You could argue that him beating Jarrett is him beating a main eventer, but it was more angle than match.

Misanthrope

Staff member
They really don't, but based on pushes I'd say Anderson, Joe, Abyss, and Pope are closer than Daniels, these days :-(

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
They really don't, but based on pushes I'd say Anderson, Joe, Abyss, and Pope are closer than Daniels, these days :-(

At the end of the day, I just wished TNA creative protected 'their guys' more. Samoa Joe shouldn't be considered the future of TNA, he should be considered the present; he should be in Batista's league by now.

Abyss' character has endured so much over the years. I wish they had of taken his character off-screen for a bit and brought him back as a monster as opposed to the lame '96 Mankind knock off.

I have no problem with the position Pope is in right now. TNA and Anderson (who does deserve credit) did a great job of putting him over and to me, it's fair to say he's the future of the company. I do have reservations over having him lose to Jordan and making a forgettable return from 'injury' on Thursday's Impact but I suspect the move to Monday's will be something of a reset show, and the Pope will reclaim his position as THE top guy.

Never liked Anderson and I still don't consider him a TNA star as I do Pope because his character is exactly the same as the one he was on the E. To me, I would've loved to of seen him take on a similar gimmick Austin had in ECW, and he be treated the same way he is now, high on the card but putting the right guys over.

I still find it a shame not to include the likes of Hernandez, Morgan, Wolfe and Roode in this conversation. To be fair, Wolfe has been used 'alright', the other three haven't had the best runs yet under Hogan.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think the inevitable Morgan/Jernandez feud will do them a lot of good, and I'd say we'll see the tag titles transition to Beer Money for a while. While the top is cluttered, Roode and Storm can hopefully restore the division through title feuds with the likes of MCMG and Generation Me.

RedVDave

First Grade
To be fair, outside of Styles and Angle, TNA don't really have any main eventers yet.

I shutter to think how bad TNA would be without Angle, the bloke is past his best and is prone to injury to these days and he is still the best by a long shot, wasted in TNA should have stayed in WWE but could not get the reduced schedule he was after, a shame really waste of talent, not to mention he is legitimally funny to.

RedVDave

First Grade
Hahaha he didnt just want a reduced schedule. He didnt like the idea of going to rehab!!!

True, and he is paying for it now he looks like sh*t these days TBH plus his hot misses leaving him for JJ does not help either.
Not to mention numerous charges against him.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Kong's the only one I consider a real loss. Creed had a good look and could go in the ring, but he wasn't much of a talker or a character. It'd be good to see the Nasty Boys go, too. I think the fans sh*t on their Team 3-D feud to the point that even Hogan and Bischoff couldn't notice.

Especially since it looks like Team 3-D are moving into a program with MCMG

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Kong is a big loss.

Was watching the eight man tag last week and wished that Kong would come out and destroy them all.

Not a fan of the Knockout Tag Belts either. Would prefer to see them concentrate on singles. Wilde, Love, Hermada and Sarita could put on some great matches. Beautiful People aren't terrible in the ring (except for Lacey) but they're good characters and easy on the eyes so they're definately worth keeping around.

Big Pete

Referee
The KO Tag Belts would've been fine, had the KO division kept growing. Unfortunately it's really gone backwards since 2008 or so.

Lacey has the look, they probably need to work her as a powerhouse wrestler rather than trying to teach her technical stuff (she is a tall girl, it could work). Clotheslines, big boots, powerslams, etc. Chokeslam is a good finisher for her, though she probably could do with bringing back the Von Erich Claw from her debut to slow down the KO matches since they try and get in about a dozen spots in a 3 minute match!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Daniels has also been released from TNA.

Seriously, what's the go with that brand? They hire the Nasty Boys knowing that they're sh*t, and then release them 3 months later. Confused much???

Now look at what's happened... TNA has contacted TOMMY DREAMER for a contract. Seriously, WTF? They release and hire sh*t all year round. No wonder why they're not expanding.

Latest posts