What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future Endeavors Have Begun

Special K

Coach
Dreamer is an excellent behind the scenes guys. He would be handy to have around and I doubt he would be on TV THAT much...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, from all I've heard, Dreamer's being brought on to act as a road agent and general behind the scenes guy. In that case, it's an excellent addition to the roster. I'm surprised the WWE didn't opt to retain him in that capacity, actually.

Bulldog Force

Referee
People, set your faces to stunned:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/7430.html

Breaking News WWE Releases Mickie James; Five Other Superstars
By Patrick Boucher
Apr 22, 2010 - 5:56:48 PM

WWE.com issued the following future endeavors statement:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish them the best in all future endeavors.

DB

First Grade
TNA would like to announce the signing of Shelton Benjamin, Jimmy Wang, Mickie James and Katie Lee Burchill.

jc155776

Coach
Benjamin and Mickie James gone is massive.

Slam Master J?? That guy actually had some go, too bad his gimmicks were f**king awful.

Benjamin gone? Wow.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I would welcome James, Katie Lea, and Benjamin - two great additions to the Knockouts and a very talented in ring worker who never got a real go. Hell, he replaces Daniels perfectly!

As for Yang, he'd be ok in the X-Division, but not really a necessity.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Benjamin - Sign him for sure.
James - Depends on what she's doing with her "other" career but would be a solid pick up
Katie Lea - Again a solid pick up if used right

The others - meh, pass.

Benjamin would be a must.

I imagine all of them would be under the typical 90 day compete clause.

Benjamin almost seemed to be a 1 day a year guy in the WWE, he'd steal the show in MITB, then be almost invisible for 12 months. The guy has amazing talent, he'll wind up in TNA for sure. Katie Lea never seemed to get the push she deserved in the WWE, although for her the writing was on the wall when they fired Paul Birchill, she had almost nothing left to work with. Mickie is just a massive shock, there has to be something more to this one. Funaki, Jesse and Wang Yang, surprised all 3 lasted as long as they did.

Misanthrope

Staff member
pfft, he was never going to be anything at all.

Disagree. As far as Vince's big men go, he was certainly a better in ring worker than the likes of Khali, Jackson, and Henry were or will ever be.

DB

First Grade
Isn't Mickie James doing country music now? I just assumed her release had something to do with that.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

The release of Mickie James isn't being considered that big of a surprise since WWE hasn't been happy with her for quite some time. Between the company having issues with her weight (the "Piggie James" storyline was allegedly done to send her a message) and her plans to do a country album, the writing seemed to be on the wall.

According to Dave Meltzer, the incident that "broke the camel's back" was when, during the European tour, she arrived late for the bus on more than one occasion, holding up travel.