What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gold Coast RLFC Thread!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I liked the Gryphon name as soon as I first heard it suggested. But I've always been quite interested in mythical animals.

The fact that they like to eat horses (something which I had forgotten about) just makes it even better.

DIEHARD

----
doctor death said:
Translation of Latest DieHard rubbish.

"We knew another team had the Dolphins name - but we arrogantly dto use it anyway - until we were threatened with legal action. Pity we have to trash thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, but there you go.

We realise that we don;t have a stadium, funding, name etc, but with our mates at the NRL, roosters and the media, we are confident of winning a 16th team bid even though the Central Coast Bears are ahead of us by miles on every point.

Thanks God rugby league relies on "jobs for the boys" rather than integrity - otherwise the Gold Coast Gunners would be dead and buried as it should be."

You should shut up now, because I'll make you eat all your words one day soon. ;-) Be good and I will go a little bit easier on you and your looney mates.

doctor death

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
doctor death said:
Translation of Latest DieHard rubbish.

"We knew another team had the Dolphins name - but we arrogantly dto use it anyway - until we were threatened with legal action. Pity we have to trash thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, but there you go.

We realise that we don;t have a stadium, funding, name etc, but with our mates at the NRL, roosters and the media, we are confident of winning a 16th team bid even though the Central Coast Bears are ahead of us by miles on every point.

Thanks God rugby league relies on "jobs for the boys" rather than integrity - otherwise the Gold Coast Gunners would be dead and buried as it should be."

You should shut up now, because I'll make you eat all your words one day soon. ;-) Be good and I will go a little bit easier on you and your looney mates.

DieHardon,

I think you and Hindyscrack (and your other sheltered workshop mates) are struggling.

It's simple. CC Bears bid has EVERYTHING. GC Gunners has wild promises but no substance. however, the NRL is giving you more time (unfairly) and the media are right behind you (stupidly). very suspicious.

Trouble for you is - this is mow becoming a public stoush. This means the NRL can't just rush the Gunners in as the 16th team on the quiet. when bith bids are compared publicly, the Gunners will be shown up as a half-baked offering relying on favours. Very Manly-esque.

dimitri

First Grade
bro

the CC has nothing on the GC

CC will one day get a team

but the GC is way too good to ignore

the gryphon is also the perfect mascot

gold
sun
rival with the broncos

:clap:

dr deat you would be better off to stop wasting your time and ask the nrl to let in more than one team :clap:

Hindyscrack

Bench
Just heard on the Radio that the Gold Coast dic*head Mayor Ron Clarke will be making an announcement regarding a promise of funding from the Queensland Government and GCCC for the GCRLC new stadium/upgrade later this afternoon.

Hopefully it's at Carrara and blocks out any hope of the AFL having any hand in the stadium.

Lets Wait See What he has to say

DIEHARD

----
doctor death said:
It's simple. CC Bears bid has EVERYTHING.

Including a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the NRL ever.

Did you read the editorial in this week's Big League? Go have a read... ;-)

Anyway, what the hell are you doing in this thread? We have heard your broken record over and over and over. We have had dozens of threads filled with infantile piss fighting and sniping from the Bears brigade. Enough of it.

This thread is about the GOLD COAST. For the latest news and developements. Proper discussion.

Piss off. Go make a thread for the Central Coast with legitiment news and developements and debate, that means no bullshit or wild conspiracy theories or potshots at the Gold Coast and you wont hear a thing from me.

JW

Coach
Hindyscrack said:
Just heard on the Radio that the Gold Coast dic*head Mayor Ron Clarke will be making an announcement regarding a promise of funding from the Queensland Government and GCCC for the GCRLC new stadium/upgrade later this afternoon.

Hopefully it's at Carrara and blocks out any hope of the AFL having any hand in the stadium.

Lets Wait See What he has to say

Any update on that yet?

Cheers.

JW

Coach
Nevermind.

On NBN News, it was claimed that the Queensland Govt has come to the party. They also said the decision has virtually killed off the CC and Wellington's hopes to be team No. 16.

JW

Coach
Gold coast NRL Stadium - a multi million dollar gift from state government
April 28, 2005

Gold Coast City Council has welcomed the State Government’s multi-million dollar ‘gift’ to build a suitable NRL stadium if the NRL grants the licence and Council supplies the land.

Mayor Councillor Ron Clarke welcomed the Queensland Government’s ‘most generous offer’.

“It’s a multi-million dollar GIFT to Gold Coast City to build a suitable stadium,” said Cr Clarke.

“The Queensland Government’s offer is dependent on the NRL granting the Gold Coast a licence and on Council supplying the land. That’s Council’s responsibility and those investigations are underway with the Chief Executive Officer.”

The stadium will have a seating capacity suitable for NRL games and will be rectangular in shape specifically for NRL games.

“It’s early days, but the strong partnership between Council and the Queensland Government must give confidence to the NRL Bid Team to move forward and lobby for the NRL licence on the Gold Coast,” said Cr Clarke.

“The Gold Coast has two options for the site - the current Carrara Stadium or a new site at Robina.

“As Mayor I will take the Queensland Government’s offer to Council tomorrow where we will have some preliminary discussions and look at making a decision in a week or so.”

Councillor Clarke said the announcement was further evidence of the successful working relationship Gold Coast City Council had with the Queensland Government.

Release courtesy of The Gold Coast City Council

Foz

Bench
Ive heard $100million mentioned to go towards a stadium.
Makes there bid a bit more attractive to say the least.

_Johnsy

Referee
I have always said all along it has to be the;

Gold Coast gryphons

I thin pic No. 1, No4 is too similar to the eagles its a cracker

L.P.P

Juniors
Ive heard that the government is promising the money for the Robina stadium. :D
Looks like soon ill be able to walk to the footy \\:D/

DIEHARD

----
"I have an iron clad guarantee from the deputy premier, who gave me the documents, that if the Gold Coast City Council provide the land, they will build the stadium. "

I can't wait to hear the bad luck Bears brigade spin this. :lol:

JW said:
Cue doctor death :lol:

I think he is busy...

suicide_01_350x298.gif

I tried to tell him to go easy because it was all going to come back and bite him.

GOLD COAST ARE GOING TO BE IN THE NRL!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

weasel

First Grade
Love the name griffins/gryphons. Hope they go with it. Finally a foe worthy to do battle with dragons.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Word on the coast at the moment is that the stadium is to be located at Carrara as the council has to donate the land. The currnet Carrara Stadium is sitting on council land. Lets hope so! Death to AFL

JW

Coach
Hindyscrack said:
Word on the coast at the moment is that the stadium is to be located at Carrara as the council has to donate the land. The currnet Carrara Stadium is sitting on council land. Lets hope so! Death to AFL

Amen to that!