What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grubs Return

Big Pete

Referee
Bad call, definitely deserved at least a week.

Back to the usual piss weak performance from the judiciary after they decided to get their act together for Taylor.

He's very lucky. I have no idea how you can stomp a defender intentionally and get nothing for it. Should have been rubbed out for the last 4 weeks of the season for a blatant dog act. But there you have it, Slater got 7 for stomping the head when he had a clean record, Gallen gets nothing for stomping the chest with a poor record. I guess stomping is okay if you miss the head.

M2D2

Bench
u-mad1.jpg

no name

Coach
Love his line 'but Duges got away with it'.
Was a piss poor act by Gallen who had seemed to clean his act up lately.
Ah well leopard, spots etc.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Gallen could pull out a gun and shoot someone on the field and would still get off. And have a whinge about why he was even charged.

Total BS

DJShaksta

First Grade
well not really.. there is still one massive question that has gone unanswered..

what is the penalty for beau henry's headbutt to gallen's foot?
I was just thinking something along these lines.

Its very dangerous for a player to place himself under the foot/ankle of someone trying to play the ball. If Gallen had've tried the put much weight on his foot as Henry moved his shoulder under it, Gallen could've seriously injured his foot/ankle and spent a lenghty recovery period out of the game. Which would've diminished Rugby League in general.

I'd even go further to say that this "Worm" style of tackle which most likely originated in Melbourne, where a player squirms around on the ground and worms his way under the play the ball, should be banned altogether to avoid injury to the player playing the ball.

betcats

Referee
Honestly i think its dangerous for players to try and tackle Gallen, they should rub this disgraceful behaviour out of the game before someone is seriously injured.

Mr Fourex

Bench
He's very lucky. I have no idea how you can stomp a defender intentionally and get nothing for it. Should have been rubbed out for the last 4 weeks of the season for a blatant dog act. But there you have it, Slater got 7 for stomping the head when he had a clean record, Gallen gets nothing for stomping the chest with a poor record. I guess stomping is okay if you miss the head.

Spot on.........the king of grubs gets nothing for, looking back at Henry

lining him up

and purposefully lashing out at him with his boot.

The MRC are a complete f*cking joke.

Justice for the King of Rugby League

Justice........pffft!

What a load of shit. If you didn't have your head so far up Paul Gallen's arse

and if you were being honest

You would have to admit that Gallen deserved to get "some" time off for what was a pretty blatant foul.

I find it a rather incredulous decision, especially in light of Dave Taylors 5 match suspension that took him out of SOO 3.

The MRC have no credibility and should be disbanded.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I find it a rather incredulous decision, especially in light of Dave Taylors 5 match suspension that took him out of SOO 3
So you consider a kick to head worse than putting someone in a wheelchair?

I do agree, Gallen needed to be punished, however a spear tackle is much much worse.

Mr Fourex

Bench
So you consider a kick to head worse than putting someone in a wheelchair?

I do agree, Gallen needed to be punished, however a spear tackle is much much worse.

Well if we're going to use the extremities.........

a kick to the head could put someone in a coma or inflict permanent brain damage

a spear tackle could make someone a paraplegic

Coma V paraplegic .......both pretty sh*tty outcomes.

Taylor gets 5 weeks

Gallen gets nothing.......

DJShaksta

First Grade
Spot on.........the king of grubs gets nothing for, looking back at Henry

lining him up

and purposefully lashing out at him with his boot.

The MRC are a complete f*cking joke.

Justice........pffft!

What a load of shit. If you didn't have your head so far up Paul Gallen's arse

and if you were being honest

You would have to admit that Gallen deserved to get "some" time off for what was a pretty blatant foul.

I find it a rather incredulous decision, especially in light of Dave Taylors 5 match suspension that took him out of SOO 3.

The MRC have no credibility and should be disbanded.

Wipe away those tears princess

DJShaksta

First Grade
Well if we're going to use the extremities.........

a kick to the head could put someone in a coma or inflict permanent brain damage

a spear tackle could make someone a paraplegic

Coma V paraplegic .......both pretty sh*tty outcomes.

Taylor gets 5 weeks

Gallen gets nothing.......

Gallen didn't contact the head - he contacted the shoulder