What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hayne Experiment

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The kick was pin point and targetted the uprights, any fullback would have been odds on to drop it. Once again, the rabid Burt haters blindly criticise, despite the fact he was one of our best and certainly played better than the Channel 9 MOTM

Spot on. That kick was absolutely beautiful and you would have seen every fullback in the comp sh*tting their pants when they realised where it was coming down.

Blind criticism is exactly what it was.

PS Hayne still needs to get a lot of sh*t out of his game. I think HJ may be right for a change, he is a bit of a cat.

I'm always right, baby. Hayne is a dead set cat.

Would love to see Burt at 5/8. Don't know why this isn't even considered.
Proven to have the ability to float around the backline and use the ball, just like a five-eighth should be doing. A thousand times better in the 6 than Hayne will ever be.

As for the Finch haters, give him a break. He's not as flamboyant as a Scott Prince or Johno Thurston but he busts his arse off everyweek. Tonight he was the first man in defense majority of the time and when he gets someone next to him who can play a 5/6 role, I'm sure the pressure will be off and he'll shine for sure.

Amazing defensive effort tonight and he threw the pass to Joel, didn't he? You know, for the try that won us the game?

Let's also not forget that even the commentators were commenting in the first half that the rest of the team were letting Finch down. Finch would be motioning for players to move in certain directions, looking to set up a short side raid, and his teammates simply failed to hold up their end of the bargain.

Give Finch a decent five-eighth (Burt or KK) and we will be a much better team.

Epic Fail

He's totally lost at 5/8, very poor hands and goes to ground with the ball more than Wags did at 5/8

This is HaHaHayne in a nutshell.

The most useless "five-eighth" in the history of rugby league.

He offers absolutely nothing to the team, whilst keeping the likes of KK out of the line-up to our obvious detriment.

Time for HaHaHayne to take his overinflated paycheck and head to Wenty (or another team, preferably).

Haynzy

First Grade
I also think it's too early to write off Hayne at 6... I don't really think he's going that bad but he does look like he's a bit lost.
If he finds his feet in a couple of weeks he could become a revelation...If not, have him defend at 6 and attack at 1 and Burt can attack at 6 and defend at 1.

No one other than Cordoba has shown enough to be dropped yet and we won well on the back of gritty defence last night so I would be inclined to continue as we are for the moment.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Daniel Anderson is a smart tactician, in the gooos hiidiink mould. Ando won't persist if he doesn't think it's our best chance of winning a comp. Somehow, I think he will.

Haynzy doesn't earn 3 times the pay of Luke Burt for nothing. He has talent boyz and girls. Let's give him the time he needs to make the transition. Even the great Greg Inglis looked ordinary the first few weeks at 5/8.

I'm going to revisit this thread in a few weeks..

Gladesveel

Juniors
If Luke Burt didnt have to run the ball back after an opposition kick(which is the job of a fullback) i would keep him as fullback,he is safe under the high ball and is a great goal kicker but for the life of me why cant he run the ball with some vigour? The game now doesnt support a fullback who jigs and jinks to the opposition line then get picked off in a dominant tackle every time. Ill state that im not a Burt hater and it wouldnt be ideal for him to bow out being dropped to wenty,but i think our team would be alot better off with Reddy,Hayne or possibly even Inu as our fullback chiming at times into our backline. A couple more metres gained on a kick return would mean alot in the change of possesion to our forwards running back to start a new set of 6.

blue and gold to the bone

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
lol Hayne runs the ball back softer than Burt from fullback.

That's actually impossible for any human being over the age of 7. :D
Mind you - it might be true because Burt doesn't actually run the ball back from fullback does he???

Even my wife thinks Burt is too soft.

And HJ - you've got some serious myopia if you think Burt was better than Hindy last night?
And if you wanna bag Hayne, go for your life - but he saved at least 2 tries for us last night - I know Gould credited Hindy with the chase on Best, but if you WATCHED the game then you'd see it was Hayne who got to him first, which allowed Hindy to come over and barge him into touch.
That's heart to chase down their speedster.

Then the ankle tap on Merrit was an absolutely amazing play - 8 minutes to go and a certain try looming, an absolute superstar effort to ankle tap the flyer and bring him to turf.

For the record, if you saw the game, you'd notice on the "Best chase" that Hindy starts right next to Luke Burt. No doubt Burt is easily quicker - but Hindy makes the chase to assist Hayne with the tackle. Burt jogs down the field along the 20m in from touch line, giving up on the chase and running some sort of angle that would be intended to make Best place the ball out wide rather than near the posts.
Hindy/ Hayne showed heart on that play - Burt showed his softness.

caylo

Bench
That's actually impossible for any human being over the age of 7. :D
Mind you - it might be true because Burt doesn't actually run the ball back from fullback does he???

Even my wife thinks Burt is too soft.

And HJ - you've got some serious myopia if you think Burt was better than Hindy last night?
And if you wanna bag Hayne, go for your life - but he saved at least 2 tries for us last night - I know Gould credited Hindy with the chase on Best, but if you WATCHED the game then you'd see it was Hayne who got to him first, which allowed Hindy to come over and barge him into touch.
That's heart to chase down their speedster.

Then the ankle tap on Merrit was an absolutely amazing play - 8 minutes to go and a certain try looming, an absolute superstar effort to ankle tap the flyer and bring him to turf.

For the record, if you saw the game, you'd notice on the "Best chase" that Hindy starts right next to Luke Burt. No doubt Burt is easily quicker - but Hindy makes the chase to assist Hayne with the tackle. Burt jogs down the field along the 20m in from touch line, giving up on the chase and running some sort of angle that would be intended to make Best place the ball out wide rather than near the posts.
Hindy/ Hayne showed heart on that play - Burt showed his softness.

Not just them, Hayne tackled on sutton on two different occations and dislodge the ball from his grip and stop certain tries about 10 meters from the line. The first time it was called a nock on from Hayne for playing at the ball, and the rabbitohs got a scrum. The next set Hayne makes a similar tackles and sutton nocks on, and grothe kicks the ball into touch. This time Sutton is called for the nock on rather than Hayne playing at the ball and we get a scrum. This was about the 50-60 min mark when they Rabitohs were camped on our line.

I thought Hayne scarmbled aswell as Hindmarsh, and it seams he is playing more a second fullback role rather than a 5-8 role. If that is what Anderson wants from him, then so be it.

yy_cheng

Coach
Not just them, Hayne tackled on sutton on two different occations and dislodge the ball from his grip and stop certain tries about 10 meters from the line. The first time it was called a nock on from Hayne for playing at the ball, and the rabbitohs got a scrum. The next set Hayne makes a similar tackles and sutton nocks on, and grothe kicks the ball into touch. This time Sutton is called for the nock on rather than Hayne playing at the ball and we get a scrum. This was about the 50-60 min mark when they Rabitohs were camped on our line.

I thought Hayne scarmbled aswell as Hindmarsh, and it seams he is playing more a second fullback role rather than a 5-8 role. If that is what Anderson wants from him, then so be it.

You forgot about when he went down with the injury.

We were at sixes and sevens and his injury stopped play and let our defense regroup, not to mention, a breather.

I don't think he played fb in defense. I still think he played lock.

Jesus f**king christ, you knobs who spend all of their time on here getting all rabid about who is a good player and who is a sh*t player need to seriously go and get a life.

This thread, like many others, has just degenerated into "my favorite player is better than your'e useless piece of sh*t"

All of these players are Parra players. The team had a spirited win in which every player contributed.

May I humbly suggest that you enjoy the moment, and wait to see what happens next.

That is all.

strider

Post Whore
Jesus f**king christ, you knobs who spend all of their time on here getting all rabid about who is a good player and who is a sh*t player need to seriously go and get a life.

This thread, like many others, has just degenerated into "my favorite player is better than your'e useless piece of sh*t"

All of these players are Parra players. The team had a spirited win in which every player contributed.

May I humbly suggest that you enjoy the moment, and wait to see what happens next.

That is all.
well said (typed) :clap: