What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hayne Experiment

yy_cheng

Coach
Jesus f**king christ, you knobs who spend all of their time on here getting all rabid about who is a good player and who is a sh*t player need to seriously go and get a life.

This thread, like many others, has just degenerated into "my favorite player is better than your'e useless piece of sh*t"

All of these players are Parra players. The team had a spirited win in which every player contributed.

May I humbly suggest that you enjoy the moment, and wait to see what happens next.

That is all.

Why not just shut the forum down?

It's also called debate.

You do not have to read it.

My opinion is based purely on Hayne at five-eighth.

He offers nothing to the team there. He has not contributed to a backline movement, hasn't used runners, hasn't done anything. He simply glues the ball to his hands and goes down with it.

Yes, he defended quite well on Friday night. Sure, he went down like a cat but he did make a few nice defensive plays.

So, as has been suggested already by others, Burt to 6 in attack and let HaHaHayne defend in the line.

Why not just shut the forum down?

It's also called debate.

You do not have to read it.

i would describe debate as being a measured argument. Personal attacks and name calling aren't measured. I enjoy reading most peoples comments on here, and often come across points of view that I had not considered.

What I don't enjoy is the same people banging on with the same crap on so many different threads. It is not as if everyone here are not aware of their opinions on certain players, but FFS, do we have to read it in six different threads a week??

Ladmate

Bench
Hayne is the worst 5/8 in the comp. He plays uselessly in attack and he is the most overrated player in Parramatta. KK to 5/8 is good. In defense he is alright (hayne) but other than that he is useless.

parraeelz

Juniors
y is evryone bagging hayne after 2 games???????????
lockyer took 12months to get into playing 5/8 look at him now...inglis starting to adapt to the position better now as well give him time.
the game against the bunnies the first time he got the ball in a proper backline play was on 5th tackle hospital pass turnover..didnt get much oppurtunities after..
ur all parra supportes learn to be patient.
no one seems to mention the fact he probs saved around 3 tries on friday either
this is ur club be patient its just the 2nd round we've got a good win and thats wut matters

Bigfella

Coach
I think he should be at fullback fullstop, but how hard is his job at 6 when your halves partner is Brett Finch. Maybe KK to 7 and Finch to 14???????

18 or higher.

Hayne is going terrible, but there are glimpses of potential.

Finch is doing the same stuff he has been doing for years, possibly even worse.

He cruels our entire attack and places so much pressure n the rest of the team on the fifth tackle that it's a relief when he actually kicks it to the fullback on the full instead of throwing a pass along the ground or getting charged down again.

We have the best 6 in the compplaying 13, so that one of the best fullbacks in the comp can play 6, one of the worst halfbacks I have ever seen has a mortage on the 7 and our fullback doesn't contest bombs.

Glad the rest of the squad have improved out of sight because we are giving a big head start with 1 6 and 7.

Ladmate

Bench
y is evryone bagging hayne after 2 games???????????
lockyer took 12months to get into playing 5/8 look at him now...inglis starting to adapt to the position better now as well give him time.
the game against the bunnies the first time he got the ball in a proper backline play was on 5th tackle hospital pass turnover..didnt get much oppurtunities after..
ur all parra supportes learn to be patient.
no one seems to mention the fact he probs saved around 3 tries on friday either
this is ur club be patient its just the 2nd round we've got a good win and thats wut matters

Hayne is a sh*t 5/8. Can't kick, can't pass. No support play. 12 months of hell for eels supporters isnt good. Even then he would be useless. Lockyer always had 5/8 abilities in him and Inglis plays in the centres but is named at 5/8. Good defense isn't necessary for a 5/8. Thats what other people are for.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
18 or higher.

Hayne is going terrible, but there are glimpses of potential.

Finch is doing the same stuff he has been doing for years, possibly even worse.

He cruels our entire attack and places so much pressure n the rest of the team on the fifth tackle that it's a relief when he actually kicks it to the fullback on the full instead of throwing a pass along the ground or getting charged down again.

We have the best 6 in the compplaying 13, so that one of the best fullbacks in the comp can play 6, one of the worst halfbacks I have ever seen has a mortage on the 7 and our fullback doesn't contest bombs.

Glad the rest of the squad have improved out of sight because we are giving a big head start with 1 6 and 7.
Spot on as usual Bigfella......

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hayne is the worst 5/8 in the comp. He plays uselessly in attack and he is the most overrated player in Parramatta. KK to 5/8 is good. In defense he is alright (hayne) but other than that he is useless.

5 posts of absolute quality, you do realise the bloke has played two premiership games at 5/8? but hey let's all just judge him now rather then just wait a while to see if anything positive transpires.

yy_cheng

Coach
5 posts of absolute quality, you do realise the bloke has played two premiership games at 5/8? but hey let's all just judge him now rather then just wait a while to see if anything positive transpires.
Ron, as much as I am a Hayne fan, I really can't see him playing 5/8th long term. 13 yes but not 6. 1 definitely.

It's like the financial crisis.

People saw it coming and said it was coming much much earlier than Sept 08.

If they got out, they would've saved a bucket. For all the others, they would've lost 30%-50% of their assets in value.

Yes, we don't know if he will succeed or not but we wouldn't want to lose 10 games before we find out.

My problem with Hayne at 6 is because Finch is 7.

If it was prince or thurston or even orford or kimmorley at 7, I wouldn't have a problem with Hayne at 6.

forward pass

Coach
Hayne is a sh*t 5/8. Can't kick, can't pass. No support play. 12 months of hell for eels supporters isnt good. Even then he would be useless. Lockyer always had 5/8 abilities in him and Inglis plays in the centres but is named at 5/8. Good defense isn't necessary for a 5/8. Thats what other people are for.

Welcome to the forum Ladmate. Sounds like it will be a joy to read your posts!!

It is great to have someone who bags the crap out of own players - this forum could really do with a few more of those !!!!:roll:

Well, when they deserve it...

I mean, sorry if we're not on the Hayne Bandwagon, but there are some people that believe he shouldn't automatically be bowed down to and there are some that believe we should have another five-eighth because Hayne is crap.

Freak2

Juniors
To be perfectly honest I think Jarryd is going OK and anyone expecting him to be a world beater at 6 instantly are cracking jokes.

For gods sake he hasn't even played at home yet.

Give him time. Some people where willing to give Tim Smith seasons to get it right.:roll: I'm willing to give Hayne a month or 2 before I reserve judgement on his long term playing position.

For those with short memories Darren Lockyer took atleast season before excelling at pivot!!

I also think people forget how young Jarryd is as well.

Hellsy

Immortal
Jesus f**king christ, you knobs who spend all of their time on here getting all rabid about who is a good player and who is a sh*t player need to seriously go and get a life.

This thread, like many others, has just degenerated into "my favorite player is better than your'e useless piece of sh*t"

All of these players are Parra players. The team had a spirited win in which every player contributed.

May I humbly suggest that you enjoy the moment, and wait to see what happens next.

That is all.

Ahhhhhaaahhhaaahhhaaahhhhaaahhhhaaa

Classic, luv it!!!!!!

Ladmate

Bench
Welcome to the forum Ladmate. Sounds like it will be a joy to read your posts!!

It is great to have someone who bags the crap out of own players - this forum could really do with a few more of those !!!!:roll:

You are deluding yourself if you think hayne is good. He is crap at 5/8. He is a FB.

junior009

Juniors
You are deluding yourself if you think hayne is good. He is crap at 5/8. He is a FB.

You know, theres a bloke who knows better than all of us. He's watched him train as a 5/8th all pre season and play the trials. Clearly he thinks its best for the team for Jarryd to play there.

Do you for a second believe that Daniel Anderson has watched him train there and realised he's crap but is playing the anyway. Clearly he sees something (actually many, many things) that you do not.

Trust his judgement until you have a legitimate reason not to.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am happy for him to remain at 5/8 until it starts costing us games. So far Hayne may not have played the best but he is defending pretty good and has not cost us any games. Does not help that Finch has been pretty poor

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The ironic thing is that HAYNE probably won Parramatta the game against Souths on the back of defense at 5/8 lol