What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hot Dog Stand

I'm pretty sure it was a suggestion rather than a statement of fact

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: What is defamation?
Answer: Generally, defamation is a false and unprivileged statement of fact that is harmful to someone's reputation, and published "with fault," meaning as a result of negligence or malice. State laws often define defamation in specific ways. Libel is a written defamation; slander is a spoken defamation.

For a defamation action to be successful, it must be established that the communication:
  • was published to a third person, i.e. to at least one person other than the plaintiff (person/entity defamed). - Yes
  • identifies the plaintiff, for example, by name or by a reference to a small group of people, etc. - No, no one knows who you are
  • contains a defamatory statement or imputation (whether intentionally published or not). - No

Defamation.

I think it would be pretty hard to call defamation

redback

Bench
I'm pretty sure it was a suggestion rather than a statement of fact

Question: What is defamation?
Answer: Generally, defamation is a false and unprivileged statement of fact that is harmful to someone's reputation, and published "with fault," meaning as a result of negligence or malice. State laws often define defamation in specific ways. Libel is a written defamation; slander is a spoken defamation.

For a defamation action to be successful, it must be established that the communication:
  • was published to a third person, i.e. to at least one person other than the plaintiff (person/entity defamed). - Yes
  • identifies the plaintiff, for example, by name or by a reference to a small group of people, etc. - No, no one knows who you are
  • contains a defamatory statement or imputation (whether intentionally published or not). - No

I think it would be pretty hard to call defamation

I have been advised otherwise.

spider

Coach
no one knows who you are redback - impossible to lessen your image / reputation by 'suggestive' comment

therefore no grounds for defamation

one would have more luck pushing a marshmellow up a tigers ass

Quigs

Immortal
(morning spide)

I happen to know a few tigers, and some of them have very powerful legal representation.

I suggest you be very careful with your implied tone there.

And being such a broad church here in LU land I am pretty sure some here have friends that are marshmellows.

So watch it bud.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Defamation????? Now I've heard it all.

Reefy will counter with racism re: you calling him a
Monkey.

Quigs

Immortal
do they have gradings on infractions with carryover points.

Can we organise an infraction review committee.

If it is a paying job I would like to put my hand up as a candidate.

bahahahaha...

rcb you are a merkin...

is that worth an infraction?

yeah probably.

but id do it again.

i got a 30 point racism infraction the other day too. apparently the N word isnt funny.

i wasnt attacking anyone in particular. just used it in a joke.

whatever