What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the inform anzac test team

Red Bear

Referee
1. Anthony Minichello
2. Billy SLater
3- Matt King
4- Ryan Cross
5. Luke Rooney
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Matt Orford
8. Shane Webke
9. Craig Wing
10. Steve Price
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Carl Webb
15. Luke Baily
16. Matt Bowen
17. Andrew Ryan

1. Billy Slater/Clinton Schifcofske
2. Luke Lewis
3. Steven Bell
4. Matt King
5. Luke MacDougall
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Matt Orford
8. Shane Webcke
9. Cameron Smith/Luke Priddis
10. Robbie Kearns (has he retired from rep footy?? he is playing well atm)
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Steve Price
15. Steve Southern
16. Scott Hill
17. Matt Bowen
18. Carl Webb

Anthony Minichiello?? PMSL he cant be in form, he is sitting on the sidelines

roosterbooster1 said:
my team:
minichiello (anyone not picking him there is stupid)
rooney
king
cross
sing
lockyer
orford

o'meley
smith
price
fitzgibbon
hindmarsh
ryan

wing
webb
flannery
bailey

Cmon seriously, change the title of this thread to who we think should be in team, not who is in form, because half the people that posted a team have put injured players in, not to mention a retired winger

ledzep

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
roosterbooster1 said:
my team:
minichiello (anyone not picking him there is stupid)
rooney
king
cross
sing
lockyer
orford

o'meley
smith
price
fitzgibbon
hindmarsh
ryan

wing
webb
flannery
bailey

Cmon seriously, change the title of this thread to who we think should be in team, not who is in form, because half the people that posted a team have put injured players in, not to mention a retired winger
pardon me, i didn't remember sing had retired from rep football.
change him to slater then

johns will not play in the anzac test he is a chance for origin maybe someone made the comment that no knights player will be picked bedsy would be in there when he returns for sure he or johns will captain the blues

creagles

Juniors
Far out boys do u always carry on like this
Im a Knights fan and can say with 2 eyes open that Simpson has played exceptionally well since his return and is getting back to the form that saw him win a rep jersey. However he only just scrapes my bench.
Please, please, please Bennet dont pick Carrol,
And i know this is based on form but Joey has to make it- if he doesnt improve ok i see ur point but faith must b put in a man who has done it all before and has all the traits needed with a superstar forward pack in front of him- PICK JOEY

Bowen
Minichiello
Slater
Tonga
Rooney
Lockyer
Johns (c)- just to stir u guys up- i should of picked gidley, that would hav got u goin

Fitzgibbon
Hinmarsh
Ryan
Webcke
Wing
O'Meley

Bailey
Webb
Simpson
Berrigen

simon says

First Grade
Im suprised no one rates....Ryam Cross,I think he is the inform centre of the comp.Never ever see his name.Rate him far higher than Lewis who always gets picked.

I thought Cross clearly outpointed lewis last game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
on form IMHO Adamson has gotta go close to bench spot in the 2nd row, he was one of the best in the Knights game and has been impressing all who have seen him in off season.

And schif has started the season on fire so he'd go close too

1. Slater (would love to say schif who is clearly #2 but atm slater is just on fire! )
2. King
3. Cross
4. Tonga
5. Rooney
6. Lockyer
7. Orford
8. Webcke
9. Priddis
10. Webb
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Ryan
13. Morrison

14. Bowen
15. Waterhouse
16. Adamson
17. Price

LESStar58

Referee
Matt Sing has retired from rep footy...

1- Slater
2- Minicello
3- Berrigan
4- Tonga
5- King
6- Lockyer (C)
7- Matt Orford
8- Shane Webcke
9- Cameron Smith
10- Steve Price
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Craig Fitzgibbon

With Buderus expected to be out for a further 6 weeks Cameron Smith is the smokey for the hooker role,,,of course Storm players will get shafted when it coes to picking the actual team but Orford, Smith and King wold have to be there! :clap:

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
on form IMHO Adamson has gotta go close to bench spot in the 2nd row, he was one of the best in the Knights game and has been impressing all who have seen him in off season.

And schif has started the season on fire so he'd go close too

1. Slater (would love to say schif who is clearly #2 but atm slater is just on fire! )
2. King
3. Cross
4. Tonga
5. Rooney
6. Lockyer
7. Orford
8. Webcke
9. Priddis
10. Webb
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Ryan
13. Morrison

14. Bowen
15. Waterhouse
16. Adamson
17. Price

Well if that isn't the most biased post I have ever seen...

Adamson comes back from England after a few years, and plays one game against an absolutely useless side, where he made 16 tackles and 75 metres(no try assists), and suddenly he is worthy of an Australian jumper?

Shifcofske has one good game, and all of a sudden he is in front of Minichiello, Bowen and Hodgson, who were awesome all of last season?

And you accuse the Knights fans of being biased :roll:

ali

Bench
How good is the Anzac test gonna be! If NZ can get a few of their best back from the UK such as Vainokolo, to put around SBW, and get a fit and firing Benji Marshall out there for his Test debut, then this will be an awesome match. I hope you Brisvegas locals are snapping up the tickets. I am not heading up there to sit in a half full stadium.

simon says

First Grade
Adamson......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is so funny,and I'm sure he believe's it too.That's what's so scarey.

Classic.

skeepe

Immortal
Johns Magic said:
Shifcofske has one good game, and all of a sudden he is in front of Minichiello, Bowen and Hodgson, who were awesome all of last season?

Hey Sherlock, the purpose of the thread is to name players based on THIS SEASON'S form, not last season. I don't know whether you saw the game last week, but Schifcofske was easily the stand-out player on the weekend.

Johns Magic

Referee
skeepe said:
Johns Magic said:

Hey Sherlock, the purpose of the thread is to name players based on THIS SEASON'S form, not last season. I don't know whether you saw the game last week, but Schifcofske was easily the stand-out player on the weekend.

The Raiders have had one game. If you think form can be based on one performance, then so be it. But how can he choose Shifcofske 'on form' and then choose players like Rooney, Waterhouse and Tonga who haven't been at their best, on reputation?

You can't have it both ways, Sherlock ;-)

skeepe

Immortal
I wasn't defending the rest of it, but you were saying Schif's form should be ignored because others had good seasons last year.

I was merely pointing out the purpose of this thread, not once did I mention Rooney, Waterhouse or Tonga.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
weasel said:
I don't think two rounds worth of football provides a good indication of form, especially considering only one side has been in really good touch over the two rounds- Melbourne. The side may as well be the team the Storm have named this week with Fitzgibbon in for Kidwell.

totally agree

everyone has picked Hindmarsh, he came of the bench in the first week and was very quite last week, he is only just back from an operation.

He, and a few others, is being picked on last years form, along with a few in form Storm players.

far too early, you need at least another 4 rounds to even get an idea imo.

even then, still not enough

Caged Panther

First Grade
simon says said:
Adamson......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is so funny,and I'm sure he believe's it too.That's what's so scarey.

Classic.

yep but if adamson doesn't make it he will probably have a cry like he used to when he didn't make rep sides while playing for penrith.

Earl

Coach
The team they'll pick;

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Brent Tate
3. Matt Gidley
4. Willie Tonga
5. Luke Rooney
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Shane Webcke
9. Craig Wing