What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The jack wighton hype

nick87

Coach
Ummm... Blake is a 5/8
Personally would prefer to take a big bet on someone younger than 24. I think doing what the knights did and just stupidly over paying for a young stud and hoping your bet pays off might be our best option
I think they got a bit unlucky in that Ponga is a bit aloof when it comes to club footy and doesnt seem to always give much of a f**k, and also the head injuries, but he's as good a talent as you can get when he wants to be, and when he plays well the knights are a tough team to beat

hence the Pezet 3.6m offer (or equivalent level player who is 21 or under)... find the guy, pay him like he's a superstar and hope your bet pays off.

Vibing

Juniors
Ummm... Blake is a 5/8
hes played a lot of fullback etc , so I ... like most people forgot that.

If we can't get a marquee 6 ( there aren't many around )
I think Schneider would be as good as Taffe & cost us a lot less too, so we wouldn't bother.

yobbo84

Coach
Raiders offer Wighton $1.1m to play in the halves.

We sign him to play centres and as such his value is worth much less to us.

It's apples and oranges.

Vibing

Juniors
jack to reggies
nothing surer

yep
we have a 900K a year player in our reserve grade but ... you show no loyalty
you play reserves

Apey

Staff member
Personally would prefer to take a big bet on someone younger than 24. I think doing what the knights did and just stupidly over paying for a young stud and hoping your bet pays off might be our best option
I think they got a bit unlucky in that Ponga is a bit aloof when it comes to club footy and doesnt seem to always give much of a f**k, and also the head injuries, but he's as good a talent as you can get when he wants to be, and when he plays well the knights are a tough team to beat

hence the Pezet 3.6m offer (or equivalent level player who is 21 or under)... find the guy, pay him like he's a superstar and hope your bet pays off.
It's probably the best shot for the little clubs like ours.