What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The jack wighton hype

nick87

Coach
quality player who would look so in a quality team

hard for backs to shine when their halves and forwards are cowards

Shit thread is shit

Paullyboy

Coach
I think he's got some real potential, he has an amazing leap on him as well.

Having said that, I got the shock of my life when I heard them talking him up for origin a week or 2 ago before the game. No where near at that level.

nick87

Coach
Watch from the 3 minute mark of this video to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOPW-NFpEE

He was given an absolute bath three times within five minutes to allow the unthinkable to happen. For someone who is talked up like some gun defender it's pretty embarrassing.

I dont know how much of the Raiders you've watched this year. If you had any sense, the answer would be "as little as humanly possible", but the defensive issues of this team are down to one thing, and one thing only

Ricky Stuart.

The structure he has us playing is being likened to Chris Anderson's one marker policy among the Raiders faithful

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
I dont know how much of the Raiders you've watched this year. If you had any sense, the answer would be "as little as humanly possible", but the defensive issues of this team are down to one thing, and one thing only

Ricky Stuart.

The structure he has us playing is being likened to Daniel Anderson's one marker policy among the Raiders faithful

Yes the Raiders are shit in defence. I'm not sure why you think that helps Wighton's case when he is made to look a fool three times in five minutes in a different team.

He got stood up by a front-rower there. Did he even lay a hand on Hopoate man-on-man?

I don't care either way if he's good or not for the record, but that was embarrassing for him, especially when you guys pump his tyres up so much in defence.

Patorick

Staff member

Ricky Stuart.

The structure he has us playing is being likened to Daniel Anderson's one marker policy among the Raiders faithful
Chris.

nick87

Coach
The reason he gets his tyres pumped up so much defensively is because he's a quality defensive player
Even the best of the best can have a bad game. There is a reason why every coach who has ever had anything to do with him raves about him.

Id much rather have him than not, especially given our side barely has 7 NRL standard footballers right now.

Noname36

First Grade
He's a good young player, but he doesn't deserve the hype he gets from Raiders fans, especially about his defence. His "efforts" in the last few minutes of CvC were deplorable and cost Country the game. If he loses his shit in D during CC then why would anyone think he could handle someone like Inglis in Origin?

overandout

Juniors
He's a good young player, but he doesn't deserve the hype he gets from Raiders fans, especially about his defence. His "efforts" in the last few minutes of CvC were deplorable and cost Country the game. If he loses his shit in D during CC then why would anyone think he could handle someone like Inglis in Origin?

And did you watch the other 75min you f**ken nob................any spastic f**k can get on here and think they know it all and that's the downfall of the social networking age......every trackhead can have their say.

He was trying a bit to hard last night but it is obviously a different game when you are playing with a struggling team.
Would love to see someone like Dylan Walker (who I do rate) run around with the Raiders from week to week and see the taper in his form.
But would also like to see Wighton run with the Bunnies each week and see how his form looked..............but anyways keep spewing you shit out if it makes you feel good.

Jack WILL be a very solid rep player down the track like it or not.

Noname36

First Grade
And did you watch the other 75min you f**ken nob................any spastic f**k can get on here and think they know it all and that's the downfall of the social networking age......every trackhead can have their say.

He was trying a bit to hard last night but it is obviously a different game when you are playing with a struggling team.
Would love to see someone like Dylan Walker (who I do rate) run around with the Raiders from week to week and see the taper in his form.
But would also like to see Wighton run with the Bunnies each week and see how his form looked..............but anyways keep spewing you shit out if it makes you feel good.

Jack WILL be a very solid rep player down the track like it or not.

Sorry Mrs Wighton :roll:

Noname36

First Grade
And that's all you got is it f**ken intelligent alright.

Okay, if you're so intelligent: if his defence couldn't handle the last 10 minutes of CvC, how would he have gone in the last 10 minutes of the last SOO game when NSW had to put on all those try-saving tackles (especially in the centres - his position) to win?

I said he was a good young player. But as someone that has always been hyped because of his defence I think it's clearly not warranted at this stage. First rep game, and under pressure he loses his shit in defence and cost his side the game. Yes, he very well could fix that up and have a long rep career, but I've seen nothing at this stage to think that's any more than a potential possibility down the road.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Not watching the game now but Wighton seems a promising player. Needs to play one position instead of being moved around.

Jarrod Croker on the other hand is total shit imo. Horrible defence and extremely overrated.

This.

Croker is horrible. A true turnstile.

overandout

Juniors
Okay, if you're so intelligent: if his defence couldn't handle the last 10 minutes of CvC, how would he have gone in the last 10 minutes of the last SOO game when NSW had to put on all those try-saving tackles (especially in the centres - his position) to win?

I said he was a good young player. But as someone that has always been hyped because of his defence I think it's clearly not warranted at this stage. First rep game, and under pressure he loses his shit in defence and cost his side the game. Yes, he very well could fix that up and have a long rep career, but I've seen nothing at this stage to think that's any more than a potential possibility down the road.

2nd rep game mr knowall........if you watch it wasn't only him who let down in the last 5 of the city v country game and nowhere did I say he should be in origin at this time so what is it you are trying to prove other than spewing out your dribble to make your pee pee feel big.

He will be a good rep player and you aren't a selector so I think your opinion might just be worth f**kall son.