What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The jack wighton hype

nick87

Coach
Difference is unlike Wighton, Gagai has never been hyped by Knights fans for his defence.

No. But he has been hyped, as has BJ. It was only 10 weeks ago these two clowns were being pumped up as Australian reps by knights fans

the end game is that the knights fans are probably last people who should be getting on Canberra fans for pumping up young talent

Joker's Wild

Coach
No. But he has been hyped, as has BJ. It was only 10 weeks ago these two clowns were being pumped up as Australian reps by knights fans

the end game is that the knights fans are probably last people who should be getting on Canberra fans for pumping up young talent

SOO maybe but it is extreme hyperbole saying any serious Knights fan were suggesting them for Australian jerseys

Cool story though

Dutchy

Immortal
If Lyon and Matai suddenly disappeared. I would definitely rather Wighton/Croker at Manly over Gagai/Leilua.

Noname36

First Grade

There've never been talked up as Aussie reps :lol: don't let the truth get in the way of a good dig though ;)

SOO maybe but that talk wasn't just coming from Knights fans. BJ has been 19th man for NSW and Gagai was being talked up by Mal as Hodges replacement. Say they're over hyped and the only people that see their ability are Knights fans all you want. The state coaches have been the ones pushing their claims.

Bottom line is, both squads have been going like complete plods this year...but all at their best there is no possible way I would want Crocker or Wighton anywhere near the Knights while we have our current centres. Crocker and Wighton are both decent young (although overrated) centres, but both Gagai and BJ have a spark that can't be coached. Yeah, they have their bad sides, but the good generally easily outweighs it. That's just my opinion. No doubt you'd feel the opposite.

Last edited:

overandout

Juniors
There've never been talked up as Aussie reps :lol: don't let the truth get in the way of a good dig though ;)

SOO maybe but that talk wasn't just coming from Knights fans. BJ has been 19th man for NSW and Gagai was being talked up by Mal as Hodges replacement. Say they're over hyped and the only people that see their ability are Knights fans all you want. The state coaches have been the ones pushing their claims.

Bottom line is, both squads have been going like complete plods this year...but all at their best there is no possible way I would want Crocker or Wighton anywhere near the Knights while we have our current centres. Crocker and Wighton are both decent young (although overrated) centres, but both Gagai and BJ have a spark that can't be coached. Yeah, they have their bad sides, but the good generally easily outweighs it. That's just my opinion. No doubt you'd feel the opposite.

:)

nick87

Coach

You can feel any way you like, but that post just vindicates my point
If there is any club's fans who shouldnt be talking shit about others talking up their young stars, it's the knights

I'll give you a hot tip, right now Wighton is much closer than either Gagai or BJ to playing SOO footy.

And the guy you bag out - Croker. He cuts your boy Gagai to f**king ribbons every time they play! :lol:

Wighton's wraps have comes thick and fast in the media circles too, every coach that has ever had anything to do with him reckons he's the ducks guts. Christ, even Ray Warren knows who he is! :lol:

Gould, Barrett, Daley, Sterling are all on record talking up what a talent he is. It's why he the first picked country centre this year at a time he was playing 5/8th and doing a poor job of it.

Wighton is basically viewed by anyone who's had anything to do with him as a future SOO player. So the media stuff goes both ways.

The reality is both the knights and raiders are dog ordinary and neither look close to being a contender... you prefer your guys, i much prefer ours. But the idea that those two are light years ahead of anyone, least of all someone with Jack Wighton's abilities is f**king laughable.

As said, you guys pump your young blokes up as much as any fan base on LU.
Go and check out the BJ appreciation thread in the knights forum, first page is a f**king ripper :lol:

Some muppet tried telling me Gagai has the footwork to be an elite tennis player, the same Gagai who trips over himself when he has to change direction trying to tackle an opposition centre cutting back against the grain.

So again, pump the breaks a little. You guys arent any better than us when it comes to this matter of over hyping young talent

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
it is a fact that wighton only shows his skills when my h2h opponent has him in his fantasy team

Noname36

First Grade
You can feel any way you like, but that post just vindicates my point
If there is any club's fans who shouldnt be talking shit about others talking up their young stars, it's the knights

I'll give you a hot tip, right now Wighton is much closer than either Gagai or BJ to playing SOO footy.

And the guy you bag out - Croker. He cuts your boy Gagai to f**king ribbons every time they play! :lol:

Wighton's wraps have comes thick and fast in the media circles too, every coach that has ever had anything to do with him reckons he's the ducks guts. Christ, even Ray Warren knows who he is! :lol:

Gould, Barrett, Daley, Sterling are all on record talking up what a talent he is. It's why he the first picked country centre this year at a time he was playing 5/8th and doing a poor job of it.

Wighton is basically viewed by anyone who's had anything to do with him as a future SOO player. So the media stuff goes both ways.

The reality is both the knights and raiders are dog ordinary and neither look close to being a contender... you prefer your guys, i much prefer ours. But the idea that those two are light years ahead of anyone, least of all someone with Jack Wighton's abilities is f**king laughable.

As said, you guys pump your young blokes up as much as any fan base on LU.
Go and check out the BJ appreciation thread in the knights forum, first page is a f**king ripper :lol:

Some muppet tried telling me Gagai has the footwork to be an elite tennis player, the same Gagai who trips over himself when he has to change direction trying to tackle an opposition centre cutting back against the grain.

So again, pump the breaks a little. You guys arent any better than us when it comes to this matter of over hyping young talent

Are you trying to convince me or convince yourself? I don't think it's worked on either of us to be honest.

For the record in my initial post (before some nut job jumped on it) i said he's a decent young player. I just think the wraps he gets from Raiders fans for his defence are ridiculous given the amount of crucial tackles I've seen him miss. I've seen Raiders fans call for him to be selected in SOO because he's the only player that could cut down Inglis...WTF lol :crazy:

Knights fans may rate Gagai and Leilua but at least we know their limitations.

But you know, I guess we'll find out if Wighton has it soon enough because if he's any good he'll be running from the Raiders as fast as he can.

nick87

Coach
I dont need to convince anyone, least of all myself, the game tape doesnt lie.
Im very comfortable in saying ill take Croker and Wighton over BJ and Gagai, and even more confident when i say if all 4 were on an open market and each team had their pick of the 4, Wighton would be that pick unanimously. He's the best player of the 4 in question. No doubt about that.

As i said in my original post in this thread:

quality player who would look so in a quality team
hard for backs to shine when their halves and forwards are cowards

Shit thread is shit

Tweed Titan

Bench
Remember how much the Morris brothers struggled at first in rep games? Jack Wighton. Is going to be a quality footballer. Even Papalli looks terrible in that Raiders outfit.

mongoose

Coach
At least Jack Wighton still got paid, don't know if the Knights centres can say the same :lol:

POPEYE

Coach
A threat over the internet how original. (shakes)

I may have misinterpreted your post....apologies for that.

Just get disappointed when Jack himself admitted there are better centres running around than him ATM but his name is bandied around anyway by others.

Has an average game in a team that is definitely struggling and people just take that opportunity to take a kick.

I suppose that's human nature but it's sad reflection on some of the people who call themselves Rugby League Supporters.

I'm no spring chicken myself andhave seen plenty of shit footballers play the game but have never felt that insecure that I had to try and shout it to the world of my disapproval.

But that's just me I guess I don't need to belittle others for my kicks.

I'm probably a bigger fan of Wighton than you are but that's not the only point you're missing. People on here know I'm quite capable of defending myself but you're interpretation of what I was doing is out of kilter . . . are you sure you're ready for mainstream LU

betcats

Referee
He is gonna be good but ad this stage I'd rather Dylan Walker.

I was confused when hearing Wighton mentioned for that Origin spot over Walker, neither are ready for it but Walker should be ahead of Wighton imo.

POPEYE

Coach
Yeh maybe, but Wighton looks to be a tough hombre, Walker has the moves, not sure about the cojones at this stage

nick87

Coach
He is gonna be good but ad this stage I'd rather Dylan Walker.

I was confused when hearing Wighton mentioned for that Origin spot over Walker, neither are ready for it but Walker should be ahead of Wighton imo.

You wont find a bigger non-souths Walker fan than me, i reckon he's an absolute star and will be a staple of origin sides for a long time, agreed neither are ready and agree that Walker should be ahead of Wighton

I think at this stage of their careers Walker's age counted against him, he's on 19, also he's not as strong defensively, which in a 1-0 series at home, probably edged the defensive players ahead (which given his stage of development is to be expected)

I think Walker if fit, would have been the guy brought in to "experience" the origin camp as 18th man