What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jacques Kallis Appreciation thread

Red Bear

Referee
I cant knock Kallis's record hes been a very very good player

I can not stand to watch him bat tho. Its not that he's a slow scorer. Its the way he seemingly tries to be technically correct all the time and does not even try and play attacking. He clearly has all the shots in his arsenal, yet his beligerence and seeming refusal to play such shots is friggen rubbish to watch.

Oh and never knock Steve Waugh, he was the king

TheParraboy

Staff member
I can not stand to watch him bat tho. Its not that he's a slow scorer. Its the way he seemingly tries to be technically correct all the time and does not even try and play attacking. He clearly has all the shots in his arsenal, yet his beligerence and seeming refusal to play such shots is friggen rubbish to watch.

Just for you RB :D

81870.jpg

JJ

Immortal
I cant knock Kallis's record hes been a very very good player

Oh and never knock Steve Waugh, he was the king

Sensible post #1 in this thread :clap:

As for the 200 discussions - my question is so what?? As noted above plenty of very high quality test batsmen have never scored 200, and plenty of very mediocre, or solid test bats (Gillespie, Matthew Sinclair, Bryan Young, etc for starters)

Red Bear

Referee
Sensible post #1 in this thread :clap:

As for the 200 discussions - my question is so what?? As noted above plenty of very high quality test batsmen have never scored 200, and plenty of very mediocre, or solid test bats (Gillespie, Matthew Sinclair, Bryan Young, etc for starters)
Especially the part about Steve Waugh:D

JJ

Immortal
Especially the part about Steve Waugh:D

I have no problem with boring - many of my favourite bats - Kallis, Dravid, S Waugh, Border, Sangakarra etc are probably considered boring by locky and PB

yep... I guess the main point of this thread is that the occaisional root vegetable does have internet access
He is fat:lol:
This thread is gold. Lol at fat Kallis

Hadlee is the one I find ok, the rest meh. I just wish commentators won't forget the biases and just call it as they see it

:lol: given Hadlee doesn't do commentary work atm, or for a very long time

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well I find myself responding to Locky sometimes and thinking, I know I'm being baited so why do I bother ? but I still do

I dont see how anyone cannot rate Kallis so I've stayed out of this one

hineyrulz

Post Whore
well I find myself responding to Locky sometimes and thinking, I know I'm being baited so why do I bother ? but I still do

I dont see how anyone cannot rate Kallis so I've stayed out of this one
You know Kallis is no good Twiz, he does not have a perky arse or highlights in his hair ;-)