What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

alien

Referee
Because they can't fund it. If the JV is to fund it, call it Wests Tigers.

A - I absoloutely agree, and have since the very outset of the thread. If the cost of having half our games at Campbelltown can be justified, then do it. But not at the expense of Leichhardt. 6/6. End of the day, Leichhardt draws equal to or better than Campbelltown every year.

4 games is not adequate for the Sth West. I doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees.

B - Yes, play the State Cup side out of Campbelltown. But if funded by the JV, then call them Wests Tigers.

Is this all about the Sth West, or is it about the f**king Magpies? If it's about the district, the location, not the name of the club should be the issue at hand.

C - Am not biased at all, well I am but not so much in that I can't be reasonable (These days). Am well aware that they JV is percieved to be Balmain in disguise. Actually took me a little by suprise earlier this year when a family member said to me pretty much that "Cut the crap, you know that club is Balmain" lol. We have the sellable brand, and are taking advantage of the incompetence, stupidity and infighting that goes on at Wests.

It's 2012. It's time to give up on Balmain Wests etc at senior level. I see kids at games, 13-14 years old etc, who are Wests Tigers supporters, not Balmain, not Western Suburbs, but Wests Tigers. It's time to move on from the past and embrace the JV. Ashfield seem to be doing just that, it's a shame some of the Magpie Warriors can't do the same.

i think bluebags meant in point c. to have the whole club based in campbelltown instead of camp concord. it would make sense since this area has more juniors and it would be easier for the under 20s team and nsw cup team to get to. i dont know why they didnt set up the offices and hq next to or connected to wests leagues campbelltown, and they could have trained at campbelltown stadium next door. they could have had the campbelltown wt gearzone all part of it, and it would be easy for people to get to with leumeah railway station right next to it. also, wests magpies can easily afford their own nsw cup side. everyone knows the tiger brand gets more mention in the joint venture than 'wests' or the 'magpies' so it would have been nice from wt to allow wests magpies to be the 1 nsw cup team if wests ashfield was willing to pay for it. it would have saved wt $$$ & it would keep a bit more of tradition in the game too. wests ashfield probably would be willing to fund it if they were going to be the 1 nsw cup team. even st.george illawarra are having their nsw cup team called "illawarra" and their club is based at wollongong, yet people say the wests tigers joint venture are more 50:50 than the st. george illawarra joint-venture. i dont know why they havent said anything about funding a wests magpies bundy cup team in 2013 if they definitely arent going to fund a wests magpies team in the nsw cup

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Thats a bit nasty. I take it you and your buddies getting told that you are a bunch of little girls pissed you off.

We don't need or want supporters from either side who come up with this crap. It is disruptive childish crap that makes the club look bad when really it is the f**ktards who are the problem.
so you're saying the club is doing nothing wrong at all? you're in denial. why do you think most fans of other clubs disagree with you. your head is in the sand dude, unless you're just trololoing again...

Tiger05

First Grade
I am not trolling at all.

This whole thing really pisses me off because we have a JV and it has been stressed to be that since the whole thing started. We are called Wests Tigers. I don't get how some people can't see that. We play an equal amount of games at Leichardt and Campbelltown.

I fail to see what else can be done to make the club more equal. We could play more games at ANZ but we did that at the start.

There has not been one valid argument regarding why Wests are being hard done by. This is in my opinion f**ken rude. It is like talking to a spoilt brat who always wants to get the best deal.

Seriously - any fan on either side who doesn't embrace the JV should f**k right off.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
it would have been nice from wt to allow wests magpies to be the 1 nsw cup team

Again, why should the team be called the Wests Magpies?

If the club wants one NSW Cup team it should be called WESTS TIGERS. I'm happy for this side to play out of Campbelltown, but it should not be called the Magpies.

alien

Referee
Again, why should the team be called the Wests Magpies?

If the club wants one NSW Cup team it should be called WESTS TIGERS. I'm happy for this side to play out of Campbelltown, but it should not be called the Magpies.
im saying if they wanted wests ashfield to fund it, so it saves wests tigers money. i also just explained why it would have been nice to have it as wests magpies

alien

Referee
I am not trolling at all.

This whole thing really pisses me off because we have a JV and it has been stressed to be that since the whole thing started. We are called Wests Tigers. I don't get how some people can't see that. We play an equal amount of games at Leichardt and Campbelltown.

I fail to see what else can be done to make the club more equal. We could play more games at ANZ but we did that at the start.

There has not been one valid argument regarding why Wests are being hard done by. This is in my opinion f**ken rude. It is like talking to a spoilt brat who always wants to get the best deal.

Seriously - any fan on either side who doesn't embrace the JV should f**k right off.
we have been explaining why it isnt 50:50. if you dont understand by now i dont know what else can be said. i also think there should be 6 home games at campbelltown + a trial game per year. i know there are only 4 games at leichhardt but its not like the people from balmain have to travel far to the bloody sfs. 4 games at campbelltown isnt enough. im hoping with the new tv rights deal each nrl club will get more $$$ which means maybe we wont have to play 4 games at sfs. maybe a split of 6 games + 1 trial game at campbelltown, 4 games + 1 trial game at leichhardt, 2 games at sfs/scg (against souths & dragons). you know it makes sense

Tiger05

First Grade
we have been explaining why it isnt 50:50. if you dont understand by now i dont know what else can be said. i also think there should be 6 home games at campbelltown + a trial game per year. i know there are only 4 games at leichhardt but its not like the people from balmain have to travel far to the bloody sfs. 4 games at campbelltown isnt enough. im hoping with the new tv rights deal each nrl club will get more $$$ which means maybe we wont have to play 4 games at sfs. maybe a split of 6 games + 1 trial game at campbelltown, 4 games + 1 trial game at leichhardt, 2 games at sfs/scg (against souths & dragons). you know it makes sense

You should be arguing my point for me. You should re-read what you just wrote. You honestly expect a better deal than the Balmain side of the JV.

Like I said - spoilt brats.

meltiger

First Grade
Alien. Simple question.

I've been hammering this point all the way through the thread and it's been conveniently ignored.

Why fall back on the "but Ashfield" cry?

Ashfield have told the Magpies they won't fund them, they have agreed to a JV at State Cup level.

Yes Ashfield can fund the team, but they don't.

Why.

gronkathon

First Grade
Alien. Simple question.

I've been hammering this point all the way through the thread and it's been conveniently ignored.

Ashfield have told the Magpies they won't fund them, they have agreed to a JV at State Cup level.

Why.

The same reason no major sponsor wants to deal with the Football club admin for more than a year. It is the people in the office who are utterly without clue.

meltiger

First Grade
Yet with Wests seemingly going to be back in the fold.

Ashfield have still agreed to a JV side.

Why?

End of the day, no one cares about the state cup sides names bar for it being slightly nostalgic. The majority of us don't get out to watch them play (not pointing fingers at anyone - I'm sure a couple on here probably do), it's just nice to see the club names there.

We probably have a need to have a team based out of Campbelltown at that level, and seemingly most of us agree there.

Play it as WT but base it at Campbelltown.

Still doesn't solve the inadequacy of the 4 game issue though which is something we need to solve. But not at Leichhardts expense like Alien is suggesting.

gronkathon

First Grade
A few years ago it was 3 games a piece. WT has been able to make 4 games at each financially viable so moving forward there may be a time soon where another game can be added to each schedule. 5 games at each, a Heritage round at the SCG and two blockbusters at the SFS would be great to achieve.

If the football club at Campbelltown had been smart, seen that WT was going to have a combined side with or without them and negotiated to agree for playing half games out of Leichhardt and CSS with the proviso that the Bundy Red Cup team be based out of the Macarthur.

Instead of doing anything like that they ignored the junior pathways that are important when convenient and wanted to protect the "Magpie Brand"

Morons

meltiger

First Grade
Fair points on all of that but is the state cup side playing any game at Leichhardt really that important?

I dunno, can see the benefits of playing all their games in the Sth West.

Certainly once the new TV deal is up and we have a bigger grant flowing in I hope we do re-look at the venue splits for the NRL side.

Dont disagree on the tone towards some elements of the Magpies. Whilst we have people here who genuinely care about the region (Westie being a prime example), there is still that Magpie Warrior element, trying to use the region to forward a seperate agenda who just need to let go of the past and embrace the JV.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
I personally am not fussed as to where a State Cup team would be playing out of. However it has to be based out of Concord so every player in the system right from NYC to NRL veterans train together

meltiger

First Grade
I agree there.

Train at Camp Concord, play at Canpbelltown.

Seems a reasonable compromise and gives the NRL club exactly what it needs - One playing group operating under one system.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
im saying if they wanted wests ashfield to fund it, so it saves wests tigers money. i also just explained why it would have been nice to have it as wests magpies

As already said, Wests Ashfield doesn't want to fund it. It has agreed to a JV.

There is no logical reason to call the team the Wests Magpies. Move on. Get with the times.

Tiger05

First Grade
There is no logical reason to call the team the Wests Magpies. Move on. Get with the times.

No - a couple of spoilt brats want to have their cake and eat it too. Then they want a 60/40 split of games with the Wests side getting the better deal. That will keep them happy for a little while then they will want an even better deal and so on. Even if they get an NRL side named Wests Magpies they will soon complain about not winning the comp every year. If they remind you of anyone I'll give you a hint - he was named Hitler and nothing could appease him.

I have a solution for them - they each get a shotgun with one bullet and we tell them to use it on themselves whenever they feel they are getting a bad deal. Soon enough the whole 10-20 of them will be out of the picture and the rest of us won't have to listen to their mindless drivel. They will probably be a lot happier as well.

As for supporters of the West Tigers we need to tell these morons to f**k off.

Last edited:

joejoe

Juniors
Alien. Simple question.

Why.

Because it will save them money so they can build the new hotel they want where their carpark now sits.