What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

alien

Referee
Yet with Wests seemingly going to be back in the fold.

Ashfield have still agreed to a JV side.

Why?

End of the day, no one cares about the state cup sides names bar for it being slightly nostalgic. The majority of us don't get out to watch them play (not pointing fingers at anyone - I'm sure a couple on here probably do), it's just nice to see the club names there.

We probably have a need to have a team based out of Campbelltown at that level, and seemingly most of us agree there.

Play it as WT but base it at Campbelltown.

Still doesn't solve the inadequacy of the 4 game issue though which is something we need to solve. But not at Leichhardts expense like Alien is suggesting.

The problem is Wests Tigers want the Wests Tigers NSW Cup team based at Camp Concord so they can train with the NRL players. If each club gets more funds from the NRL because of the new tv rights deal then maybe 5 games + 1 trial at Campbelltown Stadium, 5 games + 1 trial at Leichhardt Oval, and 2 at the SFS is possible. Eventually half at Campbelltown and half at Leichhardt would be best but both grounds probably need to increase capacity a bit first.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
The problem is Wests Tigers want the Wests Tigers NSW Cup team based at Camp Concord so they can train with the NRL players.

So freaken what ?

All of this because of a little travel time that allows the players to train with the first graders. You would think that the majority of them want to train with the first graders.

No argument. No point. Nothing. That is what the morons supporting this crap have.

alien

Referee
well one of the problems with the under 20s team and nsw cup team being based at concord is alot of our players that live in the liverpool/macarthur/southern highlands districts will go to other nrl clubs which is easier to travel to from home

innsaneink

Referee
I remember after the GF a story on Liam, his old bomb car and how he Skando & Gibbs would sometimes carpool to training.....not too hard for these blokes.

''Too far''...pissweak argument

joejoe

Juniors
I remember after the GF a story on Liam, his old bomb car and how he Skando & Gibbs would sometimes carpool to training.....not too hard for these blokes.

''Too far''...pissweak argument

Mate they were on NRL contracts.

What about kids on $2,000 a year from Wests Tigers who live at Camden, Picton etc etc.

Its easier for them to travel to rival clubs than to travel into the city just so they can play for Burwood Ryde in the Bundy Cup. Why can't they play for the Magpies????

innsaneink

Referee
They can carpool
They can move, share a flat
FFS the world does not revolve around cambo
People travel further daily to earn a quid....if they wanna take the easy option well we probably dont want them

I know 15yo's living west of Blacktown travelling to LO and the Balmain district to play Matts and w/end footy....its called sacrifice to achieve a goal

Tiger05

First Grade
They can carpool
They can move, share a flat
FFS the world does not revolve around cambo
People travel further daily to earn a quid....if they wanna take the easy option well we probably dont want them

I know 15yo's living west of Blacktown travelling to LO and the Balmain district to play Matts and w/end footy....its called sacrifice to achieve a goal

There is a first time for everything and Ink has got this one right. Bravo Ink.

As for the morons that are trying to argue we will lose players because of a little travel time - you have absolutely no idea. I didn't know until know that there were a bunch of spoilt brats living out west.

Go support the Roosters or Manly you stuck up morons. You'll fit in better there.

joejoe

Juniors
Do people realise...

with the Magpies gone...

with East Campbelltown, Macarthur Bulls and Campbelltown City Kangaroos not allowed to play in Campbelltown....

there will be weekends where - Not - 1 - Single - Game of senior rugby league will be played in Campbelltown.

That is disturbing!

Last edited:

alien

Referee
i wasnt saying its impossible for them to travel to concord. i was saying why would they bother if another club offers them as much $$$ and its easier for them to get to. some really good juniors will just go to the other club and when they become star nrl players for the other nrl club then wests tigers will have no one to blame but themselves

Vic Mackey

Referee
so according to the magpie fans no kids outside of sydney will ever play nrl?

maybe we should train in gosford, heighington and moltzen will feel more at home then. tuesday training sessions in leeds for ellis?

seriously, grow up you idiots.

alien

Referee
nobody said that but its only logical to look after our juniors from the liverpool/macarthur/southern highlands districts first

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
i wasnt saying its impossible for them to travel to concord. i was saying why would they bother if another club offers them as much $$$ and its easier for them to get to. some really good juniors will just go to the other club and when they become star nrl players for the other nrl club then wests tigers will have no one to blame but themselves

They might choose to take the extra 10 minutes travel time to stay at Wests.

nobody said that but its only logical to look after our juniors from the liverpool/macarthur/southern highlands districts first

What about them wanting to play for the club ?

Seriously you guys are a bunch of morons. You have absolutely nothing. Go and support the Roosters or Manly and please go quick.

By the way how old are you ? My 8 year old son is less of a sook than you. Says a lot doesn't it.

alien

Referee
i wasnt saying those that go to other clubs didnt want to play for wests tigers, but if they are not on much money then some will go to other clubs which is easier and cheaper to get to and some of them will be good juniors

joejoe

Juniors

maybe we should train in gosford, heighington and moltzen will feel more at home then. tuesday training sessions in leeds for ellis?

seriously, grow up you idiots.

Should I be sorry that I care about kids from my home town getting a fair go?

Tiger05

First Grade
Should I be sorry that I care about kids from my home town getting a fair go?

They are getting a fair go you moron. All they have to do is travel to Concord to train with the first grade squad. Its called an opportunity and it is a great opportunity.

Stop claiming that they are getting hard done by when they aren't.

The shit dribbling down your chins is at extreme levels. This is maybe the biggest example of shit talking that has ever occurred on the Internet. It is at all time level.

Like I said morons like you would be better off supporting the Roosters or Manly. Sooks. No point. No argument. Disruptive negative influences. Piss Off.

Vicious

Bench
They are getting a fair go you moron. All they have to do is travel to Concord to train with the first grade squad. Its called an opportunity and it is a great opportunity.

Stop claiming that they are getting hard done by when they aren't.

The shit dribbling down your chins is at extreme levels. This is maybe the biggest example of shit talking that has ever occurred on the Internet. It is at all time level.

Like I said morons like you would be better off supporting the Roosters or Manly. Sooks. No point. No argument. Disruptive negative influences. Piss Off.[/QUOTE

After all these posts you still don`t have a clue?

It would be exactly the same if the Wests Tigers decided to base themselves and do ALL their training at Campbelltown. If this was the case, why would any young kid from the Balmain Junior District want to then play for the Wests Tigers?
I`ll tell you the answer since you don`t seem to have a clue, they wouldn`t bother playing for the Wests Tigers because they would be much closer and it would be much more convenient to play for surrounding clubs such as the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs etc.

This is what we are talking about.

I don`t want to disregard the Balmain Junior District either as it`s a joint venture, but if there is no senior rugby league side based in the Liverpool-Macarthur region, then something must be done to make the kids in this large family populated area feel like the Wests Tigers are their home team. Personally I would split the training between Concord and Campbelltown, but take away the Magpies based at Campbelltown and do nothing else to associate with the Liverpool-Macarthur region and I can guarantee anyone concerned that not only will more and more talented up and coming youngsters from this region choose to play for other clubs, but more and more supporters that we have won over in the past 10-12 years will start rethinking where their loyalty belongs!

Last edited:

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
I so don't want to get involved in an argument about this - but I cant help myself.

Here is another view:

1- The J.V. is the way it is - most mergers don't make people happy - suck it up
2 - The N.R.L. Tigers is a professional N.R.L. club - personally I don't care where the players come from so long as they are good and play well together as a team
3 - Is our J.V. really any worse than the others? As the Wollongong Dragons.....
4 - If you don't like it - don't whinge and whine - just move on
5 - For every fan we lose because we are not training in Campbelltown enough, we will make them up with success

And yes I am a magpie and yes I think its a shame that we aren't represented like we used to.

Our situation is better than Glebe, Cumberland, Newtown and Norths et all.

Personally, I think there should only be five N.R.L. teams in Sydney, but hey - that's fodder for another thread......

Latest posts