What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

gronkathon

First Grade
Simple. State Cup is, for the most part, where you find NRL club contracted players playing for the chance to get their chance in the NRL. It is also where you find ex NYC graduates.

The purpose of the one team is so all these players exist within the once structure, the one training facility and where the coaching staff all falls under the same umbrella. (Side note: This drawing together of coaching talent is a prelude to Sheens shifting into a coaching director role in the future). They want this structure and methodology to flow through all of the grades. They certainly dont want to watch the contracted players belt seven shades out of each other the 2 or 3 times a year they face of (as fun as that may be for the fans)

Harold Matts and SG Ball is a different kettle of fish in timing, development and outcomes. The best of these players are already drawn together for the Wests Tigers Cubs tours at the end of each season.

alien

Referee
marshall zhukov, did you used to use the alias "marshall stalin" on league unlimited?

alien

Referee
How much would it cost Wests Tigers to use Campbelltown Sports Stadium as the home ground for a unified NSW Cup team?
i heard it costs the magpies nearly $2000 to hire campbelltown stadium every nsw cup game

alien

Referee
Alien is part of a small sub section of Magpie people who always had the intention of using the JV for short term survival, with the long term goal being that the club relocates to Campbelltown full time and re badges as the Magpies.
no that just isnt true at all. and truth be told i have probably been to more wests tigers games and nsw cup games than anyone on this forum

alien

Referee
So can I now take it as fact that you will be no longer supporting the Wests Tigers, because after the last couple of days of you vile and ranting posts, I willl be quite happy to see the back of you as a supporter.
and?

who the f**k are you and why the f**k should i care?

unforgiven

Bench
Oh sorry I forgot that you were a bigger fan than anyone here because you have been to more games. You are a hypocrite because you are upset about the reduction of your team, but would happily kill off the team of others.

You have turned what is an important issue, one I fully support, how to improve the macartur juniours in to a personal campaign to bring back the Magpies. I would have gladly attended the march if it was about supporting and improving juniour league in the district.

Finally I would kindly ask for you to not use obsene language when addressing me in the future as it really shows your lack of intelligence and your inability to debate the topics at hand in a calm and reasoned manner.

alien

Referee
Oh sorry I forgot that you were a bigger fan than anyone here because you have been to more games. You are a hypocrite because you are upset about the reduction of your team, but would happily kill off the team of others.

You have turned what is an important issue, one I fully support, how to improve the macartur juniours in to a personal campaign to bring back the Magpies. I would have gladly attended the march if it was about supporting and improving juniour league in the district.

Finally I would kindly ask for you to not use obsene language when addressing me in the future as it really shows your lack of intelligence and your inability to debate the topics at hand in a calm and reasoned manner.
who says it isnt about supporting and improving junior league in the district. how is it better for our juniors for the whole club to be based in the balmain district even though wests have more juniors. why did balmain get all the nrl players not required for 1st grade since the start of 2007 (not including 2010)???

Tiger05

First Grade
why did balmain get all the nrl players not required for 1st grade since the start of 2007 (not including 2010)???

Probably because the club wants these players playing in one team. It probably makes sense with regards to checking their form etc.

That is why they need to combine the teams. It is better for the JV.

unforgiven

Bench
who says it isnt about supporting and improving junior league in the district. how is it better for our juniors for the whole club to be based in the balmain district even though wests have more juniors. why did balmain get all the nrl players not required for 1st grade since the start of 2007 (not including 2010)???

You have, you have even stated that you wished that the Magpies had of relocated to Perth, this is not about the juniours for you. You are using their cause to push your own agenda, you are a hypocrite and your actions are worse than the Wests Tigers. You are doing nothing to help the Macartur region except making it harder for other to try and fix the problems.

The solution is simple to the State Cup dilemma:

WT have teams in the following competitions:

NRL
State Cup
NYC

Balmain/Wests retain Harold Matts, SG Ball & have senior representation in Bundy Cup.

Why is that hard to agree to? Magpies still have representation at senior level, which is one of the key points of the rally, and WT get to have the combined State team...

N.C.

Juniors
The solution is simple to the State Cup dilemma:

WT have teams in the following competitions:

NRL
State Cup
NYC

Balmain/Wests retain Harold Matts, SG Ball & have senior representation in Bundy Cup.

Why is that hard to agree to? Magpies still have representation at senior level, which is one of the key points of the rally, and WT get to have the combined State team...

That makes sense, but where would you want the Bundy Cup teams to play?

It could mean a combined cost of nearly $50,000 p.a. to play two senior teams out of their traditional home grounds (making an assumption about the cost of playing at LO & CSS, based on what alien claims to have "heard"). Not to mention other costs such as training facilities/equipment and travel to and from away games...

No doubt you'd want to pay your players for their services, too.

That's a lot of coin for the clubs to bear. How much would you be prepared to pay to watch the Bundy Cup teams running around?

How far would you be prepared to travel to watch them?

Or should we just fund all this from poker machine takings and ask the juniors to have a lamington drive?

That makes sense, but where would you want the Bundy Cup teams to play?

It could mean a combined cost of nearly $50,000 p.a. to play two senior teams out of their traditional home grounds (making an assumption about the cost of playing at LO & CSS, based on what alien claims to have "heard"). Not to mention other costs such as training facilities/equipment and travel to and from away games...

No doubt you'd want to pay your players for their services, too.

That's a lot of coin for the clubs to bear. How much would you be prepared to pay to watch the Bundy Cup teams running around?

How far would you be prepared to travel to watch them?

Or should we just fund all this from poker machine takings and ask the juniors to have a lamington drive?

It's a lot of coin to bear for a State Cup side too, but no one is making any waves about that?

Personally, I don't see why WT doesn't fund HM and SG for both Balmain and Wests (as it is in WT best interests to look after the rep juniors,) and leave the senior teams to the football clubs to fund and administer.

N.C.

Juniors
It's a lot of coin to bear for a State Cup side too, but no one is making any waves about that?

Personally, I don't see why WT doesn't fund HM and SG for both Balmain and Wests (as it is in WT best interests to look after the rep juniors,) and leave the senior teams to the football clubs to fund and administer.
Correct me if I am wrong here, but are we not actually talking about the amalgamation of two state cup teams?

So far the two stated reasons for this have been

1) Avoid cost blowout
2) Ensure all NRL quality players are training and, as much as is possible, playing together.

This second point seems pretty crucial. In such a brave new world, a reserve grade player who gets a sudden call-up will not be completely unknown to the players and coaches that they will be working with that week. It's about building and maintaining player combinations throughout the grades. Makes sense to me.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but are we not actually talking about the amalgamation of two state cup teams?

So far the two stated reasons for this have been

1) Avoid cost blowout
2) Ensure all NRL quality players are training and, as much as is possible, playing together.

This second point seems pretty crucial. In such a brave new world, a reserve grade player who gets a sudden call-up will not be completely unknown to the players and coaches that they will be working with that week. It's about building and maintaining player combinations throughout the grades. Makes sense to me.

I agree with what you've said N.C.

I'm all for amalgamating the State Cup teams, but I'm more referring to the Magpies having a senior side representing their district which is a point of contention with the Magpies faithful. If they have the funding available and want to have a senior side, why can it not be Bundy Cup? Why does it have to be a State Cup team? Would they not be happy with a Bundy team? That is the only scenario in which every party gets what they want.

N.C.

Juniors
OK I see what you're up to now Charlatan. Fair enough... I still think the cost of using CSS would be the main hindrance for Wests Magpies but, like alien, all I can do is make blind guesses.

alien

Referee
Probably because the club wants these players playing in one team. It probably makes sense with regards to checking their form etc.

That is why they need to combine the teams. It is better for the JV.
thats not a good enough excuse because they werent giving them to balmain one year and then magpies the next. it was balmain every year

alien

Referee
this is not about the juniours for you. You are using their cause to push your own agenda, you are a hypocrite and your actions are worse than the Wests Tigers. You are doing nothing to help the Macartur region except making it harder for other to try and fix the problems.
well i disagree