What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

alien

Referee
no madunit the JV dont want both foundation clubs kept alive. if they did then why since the start of 2007 have they been saying they only want 1 nsw cup team which was meant to be called "WESTS TIGERS"? why were all the nrl players and fringe first graders not needed for 1st grade going to balmain, which was wests tigers way of deliberately making things as hard as possible for wests magpies to survive and be competitive, just because they didnt fall inline and do as they were told with merging with balmain.

alien

Referee
i'd be careful there adam. Last week alien was whoring the magpies off to perth on the nsw board lol

"western magpies"

ha ha.

So much for the sth west ;)

what is shameful is they no doubt conned people into attending their 500 person rally who genuinely care about junior football, when it was solely about the magpie.
wrong! The idea was to keep the juniors in the liverpool/macarthur/southern highlands area and to keep the magpies in nsw cup, under 18s, under 16s. Its about looking after the juniors in this area and having a magpies nsw cup side and under 18s and under 16s which is what we always wanted to do. Dont go twisting my words around

alien

Referee
wow you f**kwits wont leave this perth thing alone will ya. and i was only speaking for myself by the way when i said i would have preferred us to relocate instead of merging with balmain in the nrl. like i said i am only speaking for myself but keeping the magpie brand alive does mean something to me, even if it doesnt to others. but as we all know we didnt relocate so wests magpies area is still liverpool/macarthur/southern highlands, so this is the area us magpies want the best for, and we want to keep magpies alive in the nsw cup, under 18s and under 16s. if wests tigers want to spend funds in the area then good but we dont want to rename the teams "tigers". that was made clear when we formed a jointventure

Last edited:

alien

Referee
and if wests tigers want to be fair then they will let the wests magpies get all the nrl squad players/fringe first graders that arent required for 1st grade to play for wests magpies nsw cup team FOR THE AMOUNT OF YEARS BALMAIN GOT THEM FOR. and because wests tigers are funding bowelmange this year then they should fund the wests magpies next year. if they want to show people that they are a moral club and a fair club, and not a bunch of smooth talking conmen criminals, then prove it

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so you'd prefer the magpies to relocate to perth than the JV.

doesn't agree with all your arguments about players/travel/Macarthur juniors et al.

which story are you going with alien?

furthermore, show some evidence of all these claims you keep coming up with about what the WT are doing.

incomparable

Juniors
and if wests tigers want to be fair then they will let the wests magpies get all the nrl squad players/fringe first graders that arent required for 1st grade to play for wests magpies nsw cup team FOR THE AMOUNT OF YEARS BALMAIN GOT THEM FOR. and because wests tigers are funding bowelmange this year then they should fund the wests magpies next year. if they want to show people that they are a moral club and a fair club, and not a bunch of smooth talking conmen criminals, then prove it

Obviously ther's something wrong with the mentality and knowledge of Western Suburbs people. Because if you can see this, why can't they??????
Oh hang on, perhaps it's because there is nothing there and you're just delusional:lol::lol:

meltiger

First Grade
Obviously ther's something wrong with the mentality and knowledge of Western Suburbs people. Because if you can see this, why can't they??????
Oh hang on, perhaps it's because there is nothing there and you're just delusional:lol::lol:

No. He is seeing what is there.

Alien is part of a small sub section of Magpie people who always had the intention of using the JV for short term survival, with the long term goal being that the club relocates to Campbelltown full time and re badges as the Magpies.

However, despite their better efforts, the JV is a roaring success, has given Balmain & Western Suburbs a future they didn't have pre merger. The vast majority, including Ashfield recognise this and are working together for the future of the JV.

So yes, he does see what is there, and he doesnt like it. hence the sook fest and bile directed towards Balmain.

Sooner or later they will come to the realization that no one gives a flying about the State Cup, a d the future isn't as separate clubs at senior level.

Ideally, we need to see:

6 NRL/NYCgames in the inner city & Sth West respectively
12 State Cup fixtures based out of Campbelltown
& junior football managed under the district banners

But that will never be enough for the likes of him.

Hopefully the NRL forces our hand and brings in a national reserve grade comp and the lines of him simply have no choice but to accept it, or preferably... Depart.

Tiger05

First Grade
small sub section of Magpie people who always had the intention of using the JV for short term survival, with the long term goal being that the club relocates to Campbelltown full time and re badges as the Magpies.

I think that this is what we are dealing with here. I don't get it though.

despite their better efforts, the JV is a roaring success, has given Balmain & Western Suburbs a future they didn't have pre merger. The vast majority, including Ashfield recognise this and are working together for the future of the JV.

Again - this is the current situation and it is a pretty positive one.

I think at some point the club will need to cut these supporters off however that does not mean that the Campbelltown area should be ignored. I think that if the JV focussed more on that area the sub section of people that want the Magpie back will become more and more irrelevant.

Last edited:

N.C.

Juniors
How much would it cost Wests Tigers to use Campbelltown Sports Stadium as the home ground for a unified NSW Cup team?

unforgiven

Bench
i supported the merger when i thought it was going to be 50:50. these last few years i have only gone to the wt games because of the players (I DONT BLAME ANY OF THEM FOR WHAT IT HAPPENING). i have been very patient and forgiving towards wests tigers but they just keep pissing on us so they can go to hell

Quite obviously along with their supporters. You really are a hypocrite

Last edited:

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
In my view the Wests juniors should be taken over by the Sydney Roosters who are a much more professional run club under Nick Politis and his Board than the Wests Tiger's one.

unforgiven

Bench
So can I now take it as fact that you will be no longer supporting the Wests Tigers, because after the last couple of days of you vile and ranting posts, I willl be quite happy to see the back of you as a supporter.

Events of the last couple of weeks show that the Wests Tigers are finally trying to improve their precence in the Macarthur region. Yes it should have happened years ago, but better late than never. Hopefully in the next couple of years we will be able to increase the amount of games we play down there.

alien

Referee
so you'd prefer the magpies to relocate to perth than the JV.

doesn't agree with all your arguments about players/travel/Macarthur juniors et al.

which story are you going with alien?

furthermore, show some evidence of all these claims you keep coming up with about what the WT are doing.
if it meant getting the magpies back into the nrl then yes ofcourse but only because of the way we have been treated in the joint venture, but we didnt relocate so i support the magpies, and want the best for the magpies area: liverpool/macarthur/southern highlands

how much evidence do you need? if you havent heard for years from wests tigers the stupid reasons why balmain got all the nrl players/fringe 1st graders not required for 1st grade then you must have been living under a rock, or are you playing games and wasting my time

alien

Referee
some of them can see it, and more and more of them are seeing the light now ;-)

gronkathon

First Grade
not enough. We want them alive in nsw cup ASWELL, which was ONE OF the agreementS of the jointventure

I am interested in the exact language in the joint venture constitution when it comes to that perceived failing.

Language is often attributed meaning over time whether it specifically deals with that meaning or not.

If someone could dig up the article for me that would be great

Latest posts