What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

thats not a good enough excuse because they werent giving them to balmain one year and then magpies the next. it was balmain every year

And why was that? Don't give me the Anti-Magpies dribble either.

There must have been mitigating circumstances for this action to have been taken.

alien

Referee
And why was that? Don't give me the Anti-Magpies dribble either.

There must have been mitigating circumstances for this action to have been taken.
the excuse we were always given from camp concord was that it was because balmain agreed to the wests tigers nsw cup and we didnt. as it turns out they didnt all agree at all. con-artists

the excuse we were always given from camp concord was that it was because balmain agreed to the wests tigers nsw cup and we didnt. as it turns out they didnt all agree at all. con-artists

How do you know they did not agree to the WT NSW Cup side? Where has this come from?

gronkathon

First Grade
There is an article recently which states that the Balmain club has not agreed to it as yet this time around.

It does not speak to any past years and drawing a line which means present position dictates past position is utterly foolish and not substantiated

alien

Referee
no they pretended to agree because they knew wests wouldnt. that way they could be in the wests tigers good books and get all the nrl players not required for 1st grade. con-artists. now that it looks like wests ashfield are going to be traitors a couple of balmain people are pretending that they thought the combined team would be called "balmain" so now they are undecided

and even if they really did agree it still wouldnt be a good enough excuse for me anyway because i dont believe we should merge and i dont agree with wt trying to punish us because of it

N.C.

Juniors
thats not a good enough excuse because they werent giving them to balmain one year and then magpies the next. it was balmain every year
alien, are you quite serious? All the players to Balmain one year, all the players to the Western Suburbs the next?

So should we ask those clubs to swap non-NRL contracted players too, so that they don't end up either short a few players or with a roster that is simply too big to manage, depending on whose turn it is to have the WT leftovers?

The only way to avoid this, I guess, would be to just put all the players in the one team, and have them called Balmain one year and the Western Suburbs the next... Or, better yet, we could just have one team and call it Wests Tigers. Maybe we should do that?

gronkathon

First Grade
Most likely because there is a better bargaining position for both sides if the joint team is to come into being. Especially now that Wests Tigers has indicated their interest in administrating both junior leagues and raising sponsorship dollars etc.

If I were in their position that would be what I would do

alien

Referee
why the heck would you swap the non-nrl contracted players? i was talking about the players in the nrl squad who arent required for firstgrade

Last edited:

incomparable

Juniors
Can someone please give me facts about the WESTS TIGERS CONTRACTED PLAYERS and which players played where in the NSWRL from 2007 -2010. I understand that 2011 was all BRET, but not really 100% sure about the allegation of Alien.

Facts always beat allegations

gronkathon

First Grade
I dont have any facts in front of me. From memory in 2007 all contracted players went to the Balmain Tigers. In the years inbetween players were at both

alien

Referee
no in 2010 they were divided. thats why magpies made the finals that year. the other years we struggled because we had no nrl players and the other teams did

N.C.

Juniors
well the heck would you swap the non-nrl contracted players? i was talking about the players in the nrl squad who arent required for firstgrade

Did you not read my post? Okay I'll do it again, and this time I'll type very slowly.

If you swap clubs to send the NRL contracted players to who are not needed on match day
each year,
but don't swap the non-NRL contracted players
as well as the NRL contracted ones,
then you're going to end up with some serious roster management issues
from year to year
ie some of your local juniors will have to
take up contracts with other clubs, or
sit every second season out...
because an NRL-contracted player
(ie more developed or maybe just a better player than the local junior)
will have taken their position in the team.
The likelihood is that non-NRL contracted players
will only ever be in your team for 12 months at a time
so no-one will want to join the club
and you will get nothing but aging hacks looking for semi-retirement
or a second chance
and all your local juniors will play for someone else anyway,
and your team will never win.

But as long as you get to cheer for the Magpie in the State Cup, who cares, right?

Last edited:
Alien, What is your ultimate aim in all this? What is the end point that will make you happy?

That's pretty obvious isn't it? He's one of the nutcases that want the JV disbanded and the Magpies to be restored at the top flight.

He reckons he'll burn his WT paraphernalia in front of news crews for God's sake... :crazy:

Latest posts