What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

meltiger

First Grade
you stupid f**kwit. i am reasonable. i travelled all over this country to watch them play. i just wanted a 50:50 joint venture and that hasnt happened. I SHOULD BE PISSED OFF. MAYBE YOU SHOULD BLAME THE CRIMINALS AT CAMP CONCORD YOU f**kEN ARSEHOLE

Dude, I live in Melbourne, and gaurentee I do as much if not more travelling each year to watch the team play.

Let's not turn this into a I'm a better supporter dick measuring contest.

As for blaming Concord, blame Concord for what? Your beloved Ashfield (you know, that inner West club you expect to be the Sth Wests saviour) are agreeing to everything you are bitching and moaning about.

Blame them :cool:

N.C.

Juniors
Alien I think it's time you started providing references for some of the information you are sharing here. I'd like to know more... Who should I be talking to? What should I be reading? Do you have any objective sources?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't get this. I want the JV to be successful. I want the Magpies / Wests side of the venture to feel they are getting a good deal.

You can keep talking crap if you want to but all you are doing is talking crap.
You don't want Balmain to make a compromise with Wests
Alien doesn't want Wests to make a compromise with Balmain

You claim to support the JV but sit in here bagging the f**k out of disgruntled wests fans instead of trying to work out a resolution

Alien doesn't want a resolution, he wants Wests back and Balmain dead

try as you like to sound better than alien and everyone else, but you're more like him then you realise, and that makes you less supportive of the JV and an oxymoron.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
you stupid f**kwit. i am reasonable. i travelled all over this country to watch them play. i just wanted a 50:50 joint venture and that hasnt happened. I SHOULD BE PISSED OFF. MAYBE YOU SHOULD BLAME THE CRIMINALS AT CAMP CONCORD YOU f**kEN ARSEHOLE
reasonable lol

You want Balmain out and Wests standing alone.

Thats nice and reasonable.

Idiot.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Western Suburbs supporters can thank the heavens that they have a fellow like Daniel Watson Hayes elected to the board as he is someone who is rational and can see the benefit of a compromise deal and not the irrational rantings of some. People like him are the way forward.

Spot on, Gobbs is a smart and rational man who can only be good for the Wests board. Also one of the most passionate supporters I have ever met.

He would be absolutely embarrassed by irrational f**kwits like Alien ranting on like incoherent lunatics.

alien

Referee
This is classic. Quality read, thanks alien :lol:

im actually glad youre here rooster because i was just thinking about the roosters and was about to make a post about the roosters. you guys use newtown jets as a feeder club, but since it looks like wests ashfield and wests campbelltown are being traitors towards the magpies (and i know you roosters want a piece of the macarthur juniors) i was wondering if there was a possiblity of magpies and roosters forming kind of a partnership. say wests magpies become roosters feeder team (funded by roosters) but you guys would bascially get the juniors from liverpool/macarthur/southern highlands. i wonder if roosters management would consider that.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
To the point where you get around in Magpie jerseys. Gimp :)

he he

Seriously, agree on your post mate apart from the sleeve Magpie but not going there. We've had far to many drunken arguments about that over the last couple of years.

I resent this slander. It was the 2005 jersey and I have the set including WCC. I wear it simply to see you get your grump on.

You, sir, can expect a call from my law talking guy
lionel-hutz-7.jpg

to your legal team (pictured below)
Gil-Simpsons-300x280.gif

You've been warned....

Now on to other matters.

Atomic_explosion.jpg

yes i would love the magpies to come back in the nrl "macarthur magpies" based fulltime at campbelltown.

if you are all happy with the way the joint venture is then good for you. if you want to agree with everything camp concord does then thats your choice but if we arent happy then we should do something and say something about it

I'd be very careful if I was an active participant or board member of a club that willingly played a part in killing off another Foundation club.
The idea sickens me.
I accept that there is the need for compromise and even though I don't necessarily agree with some of the choices that must be made, I accept the reality of the situation that has lead us to this point.
If you want the juniors and the entirety of Group 6 to align with other clubs to suit your agenda, I will agree to disagree.
Things need to be improved - what you are proposing is not what I would consider productive either short, medium or long term.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
I'd be very careful if I was an active participant or board member of a club that willingly played a part in killing off another Foundation club.
The idea sickens me.
I accept that there is the need for compromise and even though I don't necessarily agree with some of the choices that must be made, I accept the reality of the situation that has lead us to this point.
If you want the juniors and the entirety of Group 6 to align with other clubs to suit your agenda, I will agree to disagree.
Things need to be improved - what you are proposing is not what I would consider productive either short, medium or long term.

well i want the magpies to survive in the nsw cup, and im not the only one. that was the agreement when the joint venture was formed! wests tigers have made it as hard as possible for Wests Magpies to survive by giving all the nrl players & fringe players who werent needed for 1st grade that week to the BOWELMANGE CRIMINALS (which made it hard for magpies to compete since all the other nsw cup teams had nrl players and we didnt), and now wests tigers are even funding balmain (which means wests campbelltown are indirectly funding balmain because they give money to wests tigers), and the magpies get nothing. so we

have to look at our options how to survive. we did offer to be the wests tigers feeder club (which would have been funded by wests ashfield, so it would have SAVED wests tigers money), but they refused. balmain has only been able to survive in the nsw cup because ryde eastwood leagues club was funding them, but now that ryde eastwood leagues have pulled out balmain is getting funded by wests tigers. 50:50 joint venture? YEAH RIGHT! i bet if BOWELMANGE had enough money to survive in nsw cup they wouldnt want to merge with wests in nsw cup. its all bullshit

so what are our options if wests campbelltown or wests ashfield dont fund us? sponsorships? partnership with another team? ask the nrl to help us?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
did it occur to you alien, that the JV actually wants both foundation clubs kept alive.

Which would explain your story (I'll believe it when I see a source confirming it) about the WT funding Balmains NSW Cup team.

I'd also like a source which shows that Wests offered to be the WT feeder club and it was turned down.

You can't waltz in and throw around these "facts" as you put it, without actually showing that they are facts.

murraymob

Coach
Alien
arguing with camp concord is a waste of time.You need to attack the source of funding the leagues clubs.The people who attended the rally need to cancell memberships and put it into writing why
This thread had gone away from where it should be and turned onto a personal attack on each other.It should be discussing ways to help or solve the junior problems in the mac carthur region

adamkungl

Immortal
im actually glad youre here rooster because i was just thinking about the roosters and was about to make a post about the roosters. you guys use newtown jets as a feeder club, but since it looks like wests ashfield and wests campbelltown are being traitors towards the magpies (and i know you roosters want a piece of the macarthur juniors) i was wondering if there was a possiblity of magpies and roosters forming kind of a partnership. say wests magpies become roosters feeder team (funded by roosters) but you guys would bascially get the juniors from liverpool/macarthur/southern highlands. i wonder if roosters management would consider that.

I dunno if they'll go for it but I'll let them know you're interested

murraymob

Coach
the rooster will not fund anything .They will do there usuall back door way into other areas.In this case via a narellan club they are trying to set up.They tried this years ago in the penrith area via st marys but got stoipped by the nswrl

Tiger05

First Grade
It should be discussing ways to help or solve the junior problems in the mac carthur region

Correct.

My opinion is that the first thing that needs to happen is for the Wests Tigers to become a bigger presence in the area. Could the WT's start running/supporting the local junior leagues ?

This will not have a massive short-term pay off for the club - in fact this would take years for anything to come to fruition and even then players will leave for more money however I think that the additional benefit would be to make more supporters within the are notice the tigers presence.

murraymob

Coach
Correct.

My opinion is that the first thing that needs to happen is for the Wests Tigers to become a bigger presence in the area. Could the WT's start running/supporting the local junior leagues ?

This will not have a massive short-term pay off for the club - in fact this would take years for anything to come to fruition and even then players will leave for more money however I think that the additional benefit would be to make more supporters within the are notice the tigers presence.

its there area they should have been out there in the schools promoting 5 years ago.You can not blame wests magpies as the minute they stopped being a nrl club there funding would have dropped a massive amount.
They are losing this area right now not tomorow or next week.Coaching clinics more fan days pump the area with players .As you said the long term gain will be huge for the club

meltiger

First Grade
I dunno if they'll go for it but I'll let them know you're interested

I'd be careful there Adam. Last week Alien was whoring the Magpies off to Perth on the NSW board lol

"Western Magpies"

ha ha.

So much for the Sth West ;)

What is shameful is they no doubt conned people into attending their 500 person rally who genuinely care about junior football, when it was solely about the Magpie.

Tiger05

First Grade
its there area they should have been out there in the schools promoting 5 years ago.You can not blame wests magpies as the minute they stopped being a nrl club there funding would have dropped a massive amount.
They are losing this area right now not tomorow or next week.Coaching clinics more fan days pump the area with players .As you said the long term gain will be huge for the club

Now this is an issue that we can agree upon. The JV has to get behind the area and this is a great way to do it.

incomparable

Juniors
For crying out loud!

As on old Balmain fan, I have embraced the joint venture. Compromise must be made, and yes, the future of the club does lie predominantly in the southwest of Sydney. The Magpie should be moved back to the top of the sleeve

BUT

I love Wests Tigers.

I'll leave it on this note - half of something is better than nothing. If you got your way and knifed the Balmain side of the JV to bring the Magpies back, the Magpie would become a mockery of everything it was in the eyes of any football fan with a memory - a Sea Eagles v Bears version 2.0

Have a think about that.

You sir are a twit and quite delusional!:crazy:
You've obviously been brainwashed by the dribble. You've obviously lived somewhere like Melbourne before??:shock:

Last edited: