What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kennedy Dive

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Raider_69 said:
Ohh come on Willow, that was flat out obvious... Withers denied he took a dive but that didnt stop every man and his dog from labelling him as such. That BK effort was far far more clear cut then the withers one
Excuse me, did you actually read my post? Perhaps the 'facts' of the situation have evaded you as well.

Label it for all its worth, but at the end of the day, it was Crocker who went high and he is the one on report.

Let me know if all this sounds too flat out obvious.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Big Pete said:
Look at the ref who put him on report though.

Enough said.
To echo CliffyIsGod's sentiments, what has that got to do with anything?
Please elaborate.

j_tig

Juniors
simpkins - graduate of the barry gommersal school of refereeing...
crocker went high, kennedy stunned and then gets better, crocker on report. dive i tend to think not, but then again i do have my nsw glasses on.
whats worse then the hit or the dive is ross' actions! i dont care if u think a person is taking a dive or not u dont touch someone lying on the ground let alone pickl them up and dump them back on the ground! if he had been really hurt then he could have suffered a much worse injury!!!

Kiwi

First Grade
Why do people think QLD fans are using this as an excuse? Pretty much all QLD fans have said QLD played like crap, NSW deserved to win, they outplayed the Maroons ect. I mean gez QLD were pathetic, on the way to the try line for his second try, King could have stopped and shaken 4 Qld'ers hands and still scored, they seemed that interested in stopping him.

The fact Kennedy took a dive has nothing to do with the result of the match. All it has to do with is Kennedy taking a dive to get a penalty. No excuse for losing the match ect, stop reading into it more than it is.

Booyah

Bench
Regardless of whether or not BK was playing silly buggers, Ben Ross had no right whatsoever to pick him up like that. What if BK had serious spinal or head injuries?

Very irresponsible and I hope he feels the wrath of the judiciary for his stupidity.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
And if anyone would like to line up, I am happy to give them a swing across the chin to see if they stay on their feet or not...

Kiwi

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
And if anyone would like to line up, I am happy to give them a swing across the chin to see if they stay on their feet or not...

Unlike Catennedy I wouldn't play dead.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Bunch of sore losers. If a NSW hit Lockyer like that, you would run down the New England wanting blood.

2-1.

Kiwi

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
Bunch of sore losers. If a NSW hit Lockyer like that, you would run down the New England wanting blood.

2-1.

The stupid thing is numbnuts, with regards to the loss, the only people QLD fans are sore at, are the QLD players.

Get over the fact QLD fans aren't interested in making excuses, stop looking for things that aren't there.

How many times do QLD fans have to say the better team won, QLD played like sh*t, no excuses ect before it sinks in?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Are there any Queenslanders willing to acknowledge that Kennedy was hit high?
Seems to me that he shouldn't be the bloke on trial.

Nullajet

Juniors
he was hit high.....he DID take a dive..........but Ben Ross set a very dangerous precident!!!! No player has the right to make a decison to lift another on the premise that he is faking it....because what if he isnt and what if he has a neck or spinal injury???

Ross was totally out of line and should be reprimanded
Kennedy was a cat and I expect better from him, but hey...lots of players have done it in the past...its a shame they are doing it still.

markstan

Juniors
The Ben Ross thing is interesting, I think everyone watching conceeded BK took a dive there's no question. Ross would have had a perfect view so I agree with his decision If however there was even a microscopic chance it was real, he wouldn't have done it, nor would anyone for that matter. Generally when someone goes down from concussion etc there head bounces back up once it makes contact with the ground BK's didn't. Bk soon reacted after Ross went to offer him some air, so obviously he was fine! He was making people aware of the HH tackle?/ whatever it was, and there aint much wrong with that. They probably would have got the penalty in the first place it was pritty clear cut.

Conclusion Bk acted like a baby, and then got treated like one, justice served.

Kiwi

First Grade
Willow said:
Are there any Queenslanders willing to acknowledge that Kennedy was hit high?
Seems to me that he shouldn't be the bloke on trial.

Well then I guess it's ok for him to act like a soccer player and take a dive then. I guess it's ok for ALL players to lay down when ever someone gets them around the head no matter how soft??

I'm yet to see a QLD fan say it wasn't high.

And there seems to be outrage about players taking dives from alot of people, untill a player from a team they support does it, then it seems to be fine "because it was a high tackle".

Kiwi

First Grade
Nullajet said:
he was hit high.....he DID take a dive..........but Ben Ross set a very dangerous precident!!!! No player has the right to make a decison to lift another on the premise that he is faking it....because what if he isnt and what if he has a neck or spinal injury???

Ross was totally out of line and should be reprimanded
Kennedy was a cat and I expect better from him, but hey...lots of players have done it in the past...its a shame they are doing it still.

Oh and if I haven't said before now, yes what Ross did was dangerous, even if you know they are taking a dive.

Latest posts