What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

taste2taste

Juniors
I prey and I day dream and would love to see something big happen to the NRL in America and successful cross over with the NFL and I know nothing big would happen but you never know....what if NFL fans did get into NRL big time.
The NRLs partnership with the UFC makes it more likely we'll get some UFC fans.

I rekon the players will be pretty keen to put on some big hits and argy bargy, the games could resemble a UFC fight more than a game of league anyways lol

Gobsmacked

Bench
I prey and I day dream and would love to see something big happen to the NRL in America and successful cross over with the NFL and I know nothing big would happen but you never know....what if NFL fans did get into NRL big time.
There's a real chance! If we lay the right platform as what appears to be happening! We've got a mainstream network on board for those first couple of games, playing in the USA in their state of the art stadium in what should be sold out. The promotion is working overtime engaging NFL fans an NBA fans. We have 5 years locked in to build..
People talking about if we can capture 1%... we don't even need that, just 0.3% ... that's over a million people.. enough for a TV deal and a big one at that $. Adding a million fans in the Pacific is unheard of but it's a drop in the ocean in the USA.
AFL must be absolutely devastated!
Watching the NRL have a genuine crack at the big time!
O but Tasmania lol

Dark Corner

Juniors
There's a real chance! If we lay the right platform as what appears to be happening! We've got a mainstream network on board for those first couple of games, playing in the USA in their state of the art stadium in what should be sold out. The promotion is working overtime engaging NFL fans an NBA fans. We have 5 years locked in to build..
People talking about if we can capture 1%... we don't even need that, just 0.3% ... that's over a million people.. enough for a TV deal and a big one at that $. Adding a million fans in the Pacific is unheard of but it's a drop in the ocean in the USA.
O but Tasmania lol
Lots of sports have come and go in the USA and with having a background in Kickboxing I ave seen that sport try and hit te big time since the 1970's onwards and it sadly never took off despite the Americans like contact sports and have a large following in the Martial Arts be it Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and the Enter the Ninja movies/Blood Sport BUT it was UFC that broke the mould.
Lots of other Gridiron comps have come and failed despite having only 32 pro clubs in the NFL alongside the massive NCAA scene.

taste2taste

Juniors
Lots of sports have come and go in the USA and with having a background in Kickboxing I ave seen that sport try and hit te big time since the 1970's onwards and it sadly never took off despite the Americans like contact sports and have a large following in the Martial Arts be it Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and the Enter the Ninja movies/Blood Sport BUT it was UFC that broke the mould.
Lots of other Gridiron comps have come and failed despite having only 32 pro clubs in the NFL alongside the massive NCAA scene.
The reason the Gridirion comps failed is because they were comps with C grade talent playing with drastically changed rules, Vince Machmans venture into Gridiron was laughable and treated accordingly by the sporting public.

If the NRL started a comp in the off-season with extreme rule changes with players from the Ron Masey Cup would anyone care ?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Yeah I've seen and know all sports but I loooove Rugby league!
Rugby league isn't ALL sports.
And the NRL isn't all comps.

The greatest game of all.

Iamback

Coach
What do people think will be a pass mark for attendance? For me....

35k = pass
35 to 45k = great
45 to 55k = phenomenal
55 to sold out = pass me the Kleenex

@yakstorm If you had to make a prediction what do you think the attendance will be ???

If the $19 ticket price stays the whole way through. You'd have to expect a high number of walk ins on the day.

There is no shortage of Tourists in Vegas. I'd imagine a stack would be curious about the Stadium but can't afford the NFL prices

35k = pass
35 to 45k = great
45 to 55k = phenomenal

@yakstorm If you had to make a prediction what do you think the attendance will be ???
It’s year one of a five year venture and I expect a lot of teething issues but when you consider it’s well into the off season and almost Christmas yet our game is still getting a ton of media attention and things are going better than expected, it’s already a ‘pass the Kleenex’ for me.

Colk

First Grade
They should rename Melbourne to Melbburn, coz those afl flogs are burning, that the double header will have a audience of 100 million in the US, and millions around the 🌎

Calm down. That’s probably a Super Bowl audience and there’s no way we will get that.

mozza91

Coach

35k = pass
35 to 45k = great
45 to 55k = phenomenal

35 = PR whinges
35 to 45 = PR whinges
45 to 55 = PR whinges
55 to sold out = PR whinges and deflects.

Wb1234

Immortal
O but Tasmania lol
The average viewing per game here is around 600k. That gives a tv deall of 430 million pa (less say 75 million pa for origin)

so 600k extra viewers would be worth hundred and hundreds of millions of American dollars pa

If it got 100k regular viewers that would be massive

the problem is time zones for regular nrl games won’t be ideal especially on the east coast

Gobsmacked

Bench
The average viewing per game here is around 600k. That gives a tv deall of 430 million pa (less say 75 million pa for origin)

so 600k extra viewers would be worth hundred and hundreds of millions of American dollars pa

If it got 100k regular viewers that would be massive

the problem is time zones for regular nrl games won’t be ideal especially on the east coast
West Coast our Saturday and Sunday day games are around prime times Friday and Saturday nights.