What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

The NRL is a quality product, even if it was Tigers v Titans
Agree wholeheartedly but the only issue I see was that if the shoe was on the other foot and the NFL were sending two teams over here for a game and one hadn`t won a comp in 30 years and the other had never even won one I`d straight away be thinking, what are we getting, the dregs, these teams can`t be very good. That wouldn`t help with marketing for anyone who does a bit of research before buying tickets.

Agree wholeheartedly but the only issue I see was that if the shoe was on the other foot and the NFL were sending two teams over here for a game and one hadn`t won a comp in 30 years and the other had never even won one I`d straight away be thinking, what are we getting, the dregs, these teams can`t be very good. That wouldn`t help with marketing for anyone who does a bit of research before buying tickets.
I’m not sure. It’s not often you get a chance to see an NFL game so I reckon even the worst teams would sell out.

Maximus

Coach

To be fair, the first NFL London game had teams that hadn't won for 17 years and 34 years, and it still sold 81,000 tickets. The 2nd London game had 2 teams that had never won a superbowl, and it sold 83,000.

kurt faulk

Coach

They brought a freaking preseason game back in 99 where the starters play one drive then never see the field again. And had the gall to make Sterling in the footy show say that the game meant something when it meant absolutely nothing. Chargers vs broncos.

I’m not sure. It’s not often you get a chance to see an NFL game so I reckon even the worst teams would sell out.
To be fair, the first NFL London game had teams that hadn't won for 17 years and 34 years, and it still sold 81,000 tickets. The 2nd London game had 2 teams that had never won a superbowl, and it sold 83,000.
Difference is of course, they`re (the NFL) coming to England or here hypothetically with a very high level of recognition, we are going over there with next to zero recognition with two teams that who are perennial under-performers.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
If the the trajectory of the current market penetration is maintained It’s just a matter of time before Anthony Laffranchi is a household name in the US (rivalling ET in China). Apparently the Yanks are going nuts over the Knights Henny Penny jerseys and the Panthers Dahdah Uniforms jerseys .

kurt faulk

Coach

The best thing for the game on fox tv would be the crowd to be true rugby league fans that react to the game the right way so the TV audience can get a feel of the game.