What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

taste2taste

Juniors
Not meaning to be overly disrespectful to either club, but am I the only one a tad disappointed that possibly the biggest ever TV audience for a Rugby League game, the showpiece game that we're using to market our game to the american sporting public in a massive way, is going to be played between the Warriors and freakin' Canberra?
I suspect the thinking behind it is that Canberra is Australia's capital city, thus more known than a suburb within Sydney. And New Zealand is an entire country, thus also more recognisable to the american audience.

I'd suggest a matchup of two ball-playing teams, relatively evenly matched, representing places the american people are likely to have heard of would be Sydney and Brisbane ... however they were in Vegas this year, so they're out.
Possibly a better match up for the prime time game would have been Panthers V Warriors. The Raiders don't have any players that can get the crowd to thier feet.

But as others have said, it doesn't matter who plays just so long as it's open, fast, and with a couple of big hits.

taste2taste

Juniors
Sounds a great way to pss away even more of the games money
I doubt the NRL would pay Snoop Dogg 500k a day as is rumoured he's been paid to be seen at the Olympics, but it can't be denied he's getting the games plenty of attention.

Instead of wasting money on sending players over in December or having billboards in Times Square, the NRL could spend that money where it would actually get the games some attention, having someone seen in the crowd with millions of followers like Lil Wayne, Drake, Kelce, Rogan, Paul, Bones Jones, Mayweather. would actually help the NRL reach that 1% its chasing.

nko11

Juniors
1724045489935.png
Las Vegas 2025 as of 3:30pm EST 19/08/24

I created a model last year to keep an eye on ticket sales. Will give an update when it's clearer which tickets are being held back from sale for travel packages, etc.

I got a stadium breakdown of roughly:
Level 1 = 27,000
Level 2 = 8,000
Level 3 = 13,500
Level 4 = 10,500

Corporates = 6,000

Very basic estimate - based off level 2 actually being sold to this level, I'd say we're at 20k-30k Sold already. Took until the week of the event last year to shift level 2 in any real numbers.

nko11

Juniors
1724048546968.png
By the looks with Travel packages, the default is a Silver category ticket. With upgrades to the above for different amounts. Judging by the available tickets, looks like they are selling Gold, Tryzone and Diamond concurrently between Travel packages and General sales. So what's sold in the map, is whats sold between both Travel packages and General Sales - so none held back apart from the tops of some bays.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Elite experience hasn't sold out and they are being held back for Travel Packages and will be released to the public closer to the game, if there are any left. (Does have single seats available for public sale right now though, which is strange if they are holding back seats). If a large amount of these are sold, we could be at closer to 30k sold already. It would make sense, if you're already spending 5-20k to go over, you may as well pay the extra $398 for a good seat and all the trimmings at the actual event.