What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
It’s literally the reason why we have two sports.....

I actally think rugby league has developed a much improved version of rugby. So to my way of thinking, rugby league has enough rule differences to maintain its status as a football code on its own right. That being rugby league! So why the overbearing crap from union toward participants. Is it a form bigotry ? Very much so. Definitely overbearing and restrictive toward rugby league in the big scheme of things. And shamateurism in union was at play for numerous decades. Such a dodgy code is union!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I am fully supportive of the other areas as well! Have not argued against them at any point? The Bears set up is a regaining and consolidation of a crucial NSW area
God only knows there has been enough damage in the greater Sydney heartland area to date. It's consolidation and a reclamation. That's good business when the infrastructure is already there.

I accept that you are not anti-expansion. I just don't think the NRL will go down a path of adding an expansion team that can't pay for itself, nor do I think we should go down that path.

Stallion

First Grade
I accept that you are not anti-expansion. I just don't think the NRL will go down a path of adding an expansion team that can't pay for itself, nor do I think we should go down that path.

That's the difference. I see it as a very win win scenario for rugby league and the marketplace. The Central Coast Bears has a very smooth look to it both practically and developmentally.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That's the difference. I see it as a very win win scenario for rugby league and the marketplace. The Central Coast Bears has a very smooth look to it both practically and developmentally.

But a smooth look and nostalgia don't pay the bills. The last thing you want is the Bears triumphantly returning to the NRL and them going broke 5 years later. That will be worse for the game than leaving them in NSW Cup.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Why is it appropriate!? I'm just playing another sport!?
Unless you are open to one sport exerting influence over another sport!? And a negative overbearing influence at that!

Because as you have stated over and over and over again, League is a code of RUGBY, dumbarse. therefore being paid to play League is being paid to play Rugby. Like the Olympics the code was still officially amateur, so legally only amateur players could play. Its REALLY not that hard to understand for anyone with more than half a brain.

Why did union have the "no professional rule "in place. From many sources it was a sham in many countries around the world!? Was it actually "big ugly brother" flexing his overbearing power and influence over a more attractive sibling code?

Whether it was a "sham in many countries around the world" or not is totally irrelevant and once again you bring up irrelevant points.
It was in the games laws so officially it had to be abided by.
Therefore there was no way that any "waiver" would have asked whether you had been paid to play League and still let you play Rugby. You are still lying if this is what you maintain.

Pommy

Coach
I actally think rugby league has developed a much improved version of rugby. So to my way of thinking, rugby league has enough rule differences to maintain its status as a football code on its own right. That being rugby league! So why the overbearing crap from union toward participants. Is it a form bigotry ? Very much so. Definitely overbearing and restrictive toward rugby league in the big scheme of things. And shamateurism in union was at play for numerous decades. Such a dodgy code is union!

Wow, it’s like you can’t even grasp basic concepts.
It’s all moot now as Rugby went pro around 20 years ago, I would be much more worried about the piss poor management league has had since then.

Stallion

First Grade
But a smooth look and nostalgia don't pay the bills. The last thing you want is the Bears triumphantly returning to the NRL and them going broke 5 years later. That will be worse for the game than leaving them in NSW Cup.

Smooth transition with basically infrastructure in place does pay bills. Especially in an unfortunately underserviced area for top rugby league representation. You will find that these established advantages will pay dividends in numerous ways. Be it greater interest in genuine local derbies, recapturing disenfranchised Bears and rugby league fans, gaining Central Coast involvement on the top flight and consolidating rugby league on the eastern seaboard of NSW. Athe the moment RL is being challenged by other codes. If the current administration keeps sitting on their hands, the farm will eventually whittle down and be lost.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Because as you have stated over and over and over again, League is a code of RUGBY, dumbarse. therefore being paid to play League is being paid to play Rugby. Like the Olympics the code was still officially amateur, so legally only amateur players could play. Its REALLY not that hard to understand for anyone with more than half a brain.

Whether it was a "sham in many countries around the world" or not is totally irrelevant and once again you bring up irrelevant points.
It was in the games laws so officially it had to be abided by.
Therefore there was no way that any "waiver" would have asked whether you had been paid to play League and still let you play Rugby. You are still lying if this is what you maintain.

I played Mr Scurrilous! I signed a waiver declaration in order to play union. Perhaps the union official may have got it wrong? But that's what happened.

Stallion

First Grade
Just to put you in to a full meltdown I can’t see any mention of League on this elite private schools website.

https://www.rugbyschool.co.uk/

You might have heard of it.

Try all elite private dingbat! Not just one.And yet many of these private schools are accepting of other football and specifically not rugby league. If you dont their is a deliberate bias against the rugly league code then you are truelly delusional and basically advocating bigotry against the playing of rugby league.

Pommy

Coach
Try all elite private dingbat! Not just one.And yet many of these private schools are accepting of other football and specifically not rugby league. If you dont their is a deliberate bias against the rugly league code then you are truelly delusional and basically advocating bigotry against the playing of rugby league.

This guy is a teacher everyone.

Whatwhere

Juniors
This guy is a teacher everyone.

Allegedly. Reading his rambling paranoid and ignorant rantings that are just riddled with spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes all over. I sincerely hope that his alleged career choice is just another one of his delusions because if he is in fact a teacher. Holy. Shit.

Pommy

Coach
Allegedly. Reading his rambling paranoid and ignorant rantings that are just riddled with spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes all over. I sincerely hope that his alleged career choice is just another one of his delusions because if he is in fact a teacher. Holy. Shit.

He posted his police check on here by accident (no I’m not joking) LinkedIn seemed to prove he is what he claims.

Pommy

Coach
Logic, fairness and appropriateness applies to some, however yourself and some others, these values and disciplines do not apply.

Is this you trying to say you don’t believe posting sentences should apply to you?

Stallion

First Grade

One thing I do know that you are no rugby league fan . And you are troiling on a rugby league website.

Stallion

First Grade
Is this you trying to say you don’t believe posting sentences should apply to you?

As I've stated before: You play with monkeys you shell peanuts! The preemptive text and some of the shocking assertions and denials from absolute pretenders can impede my expression. Playing text with fools on a website supposedly for rugby league is what I'm seeing here. There are some good guys and they are typically discreet and courteous. The gibbering deflection, denials and scurrilous comments are truelly the realm of the bad guys. Looks like that rocks your boats. Certainly doesn't do it for me and I'm sure the same for the decent discreet guys on this site. (note I'm. not stating I'm discreet :I'm pulling the punches that seem to be attracting the bad guys for denial and deflection efforts ) Funnily enough the numbers of the good guys compared to the bad guys are similar. So I take heart that you pelicans are exactly that: Disingenuous pelicans interfering on a rugby league website for no other reason than to keep this great code constrained, contained and proactive discourse maligned.

Whatwhere

Juniors
One thing I do know that you are no rugby league fan . And you are troiling on a rugby league website.

You're only half right. I'm not an NRL fan. But I do tune into the ESL. Don't follow any team in particular just prefer the style of play more. They seem a bit more willing to chance their arm a little more between the respective 20m zones.

But because I am primarily a Rugby fan you have automatically jumped to conclusions and highlighted a fairly significant chip on your shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.