What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Hattrick Team Owners Thread

nibbs

Bench
yeh, so I won on Sunday, but we'll need to win our remaining 2 fixtures to have any chance of survival. I'm currently 3 points behind 6th, but they face 8th this Sunday, a match they're likely to win. They've also got a better for and against than me. All we can do is win my remaining fixtures and then see what happens. A playoff would certainly be nice

I'm hoping to sign some new players this week. I've had 4 trainees for the past 2-3 weeks, so I think its time I got my side back on track. I suspect that we're probably going to be relegated in 13 days time. So I'm trying decide what to do with my squad. I have a supernatural defender and winger, who although arevery good players, might not be needed next season, depending on the strength of the division I relegate to. Players who don't have as higher wages will probably be better options. Back in Div V my midfield should be more than enough to get my team headed back towards Div IV. It'd be nice if we could relegate to Poida or Mr. C's divisions, just to add a little more interest to things.

Poida_Raider

Bench
yeah nibbs that'd be awesome to have you in V.11!! but it looks like you'll be in V.65.. damn.. maybe when i one day promote.. one day..... i'll join your iv division!!

anyways i've got to sell some trainees this off season or next and build up the rest of my team.. obviously defence and attack.. i can win lots of games just with my midfield, but i want to win some of those big games by winning fair and square all over the park!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
So how did everyone go this season?

My Wolves managed to win their last game to stay in 6th (the way the fixtures played out in the last part of the season left me very likely to drop to 7th) and claim a qualifier which I proceeded to win quite easily. So I'll still be in III.16 next season, which I'm quite thankful for as I need the extra sponsorship to cover my wages. I'm quite scared to see what Pedro will be costing me next season. He'll be utopian +5, so will probably be up around $320k a week. I'll probably have to sell of a couple of other trainees so I can cover him and continue training him. He should make the Oceanian national squad once we are knocked out of the World Cup, so that should help a bit.

Talking of the national squad, both our seniors and U20's are having great seasons. Our senior squad is through to the WC semi-finals so we're guaranteed at least a bronze medal as 3rd and 4th recieves one, which I believe is the best result we've ever had at that level (the only previous medal is a silver medal in the very first U20 WC). We'll be playing the hosts, Germany, on Friday night to see if we can get into the final. It's a fantastic achievement when you look at how many more managers the other three teams have (the figures are something like Spain 73k, Germany 57k, the other team which I can't remember 23k, and Oceania only about 4k).

And our U20 team got through our qualifying group quite easily, which allows us to play all our 19yo's to raise their experience for the WC next season. I'm especially happy as Joseph Finau played in most of the qualifiers, which has him at solid experience already - the best 19yo in our squad (and quite likely the highest experience out of all the 19yo's in Oceania).

Poida_Raider

Bench
yeah i managed to stay at 4th in my v.11! so i'm quite happy about that, as i am with my very first youth pull of the season!! well sh*t i hope he is, as in i hope he doesnt drop back to 18yo in the next week or so, which it is my understanding that he wont.. anyways here he is:

Ronald Price (127482308)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: Oceania
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 050
Wage: 1 680 AU$/week
Owner: Madtown Vikings
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: poor Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: solid
Winger: inadequate Defending: solid
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

so i am well chuffed with that result. i'll wait a few days on opinions of what to do with him and when.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
As I said on Hattrick, that is a fantastic player mate. IMO the very best 17yo defender in Oceania so far. There may be a few with slightly higher defending, but as long as he rises to excellent in the next few weeks his solid passing puts him above anyone else pulled. If it weren't for Pedro draining all my cash with his obscene wages ($312k a week) I would seriously think of buying him.

Poida_Raider

Bench
thanks for that mad dogg. he didnt end up for as much as i thought he would, but i truly had no idea anyways so i was happy enough.

this is the guy i have pulled this week. not bad.

Adrian Day (128410483)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and infamous.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 270
Wage: 1 360 AU$/week
Owner: Madtown Vikings

Stamina: wretched Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: wretched

i know as i am training playmaking i could probably keep him and train him, but i think i'll sell this guy and get another lot of cash.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
You bugger. An almost certain U20 player (I also thought he'd sell for more, but the transfer market is dying a slow, painful death) and now another good 17yo.

Anyhow, Pedro made his Oceanian debut last night, and scored a goal in the 7-2 thrashing of Singapore. Goooooooooo Pedro!

Poida_Raider

Bench
go pedro!!! that's what they call me here at college. so i feel a bit of a connection with him mad dogg!! but i'm not sure of what to do with this new yp. not sure if he should play in the forwards in the cup game, or in the midfield. or anywhere at all.. i spose it might not matter for a passable player anyways.. i spose i wouldnt mind keeping him and training 'one of my own' but i dont really know how to use scoring ability for the mifield players. if at all.

i dunno what i'm talkin about really.. i'm tired.

nibbs

Bench
i think that i might have to replace the number 1 striker for something better... preferably a wc striker

HevyDevy

Coach
I'm an idiot!!!!

My team is progressing along nicely, won my first two league and cup matches etc.

So anyway, I set my orders for cup match 3 but I changed the team around a bit because I had an important player coming back from injury.

But what do I do? Forget to change one of my extra inner midfielders back to normal and enter the match with a 3-6-1 set-up instead of 3-5-2!!

Of course, my organisation goes down the drain and I get thumped.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!

Mambo

Juniors
Yo! I'm back baby, time to breath life into the old hattrick threads! C'mon guys don't let me down, I know you are all still out there. Lets get the old firm back together!

C'mon Havoc!!!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Heya Mambo, good to see you still around. How's the old Havoc doing these days?

Last season my Wolves got off to a surprisingly good start in our first season in Div III before falling away into a more expected finish of 6th. I expect this season to be much the same, but things are opening up for me sitting in second (equal on points with 1st) and hoping to get full points in my next three games. I then have three very difficult games in the following four matches and certainly don't expect to challenge for the title, but with a bit of luck I might just sneak a top three spot.

I'm also got two of my big guns selling tonight, if anybody is feeling rich:

Henrik Åhbo (35439923)
24 years, solid form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is tranquil and righteous.
Has solid experience and weak leadership abilities.

Nationality: Sverige
Total Skill Index (TSI): 83 460
Wage: 62 928 AU$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Rockhampton Wolves

Stamina: weak Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: poor
Winger: magnificent Defending: titanic
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Highest bid so far: $4 590 000

-----------------------------------

Matt Perraudin (15465504)
28 years, solid form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and upright.
Has passable experience and weak leadership abilities.

Total Skill Index (TSI): 39 080
Wage: 45 680 AU$/week
Owner: Rockhampton Wolves

Stamina: excellent Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: supernatural Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

Asking price: $3 400 000

Obviously Henrik is an absolute gun and would be one of the better wingbacks in the entire game, so I'm hoping to get a good fee from him (I probably should've set the asking price higher).

Matt is being sold so that my younger supernatural PM/formidable def can move into the midfield fulltime (I was training him as an offensive CD). The money from the two sales will be first going towards a new offensive CD to train (probably a 21yo titanic/solid). I'm not sure what to do with the leftover cash yet, I don't know whether to plunge it all into another wingback trainee or just buy a second normal winger and keep a bit of cash to help pay Pedro's wages. Probably the latter.

Pedro has played every national match since he got bought into the side. And, with luck, on Friday he will become Oceania's youngest every divine defender by quite some distance as far as I can tell. I don't think there would have been too many in the entire Hattrick history to beat him to this mark. And Finau continues to follow in his footsteps, being the U20's best defender and the highest experience in the team.

Not everything is going to plan though, as we were disgustingly knocked out of the cup in the 4th round. I probably should've put out a slightly stronger line-up so I only have myself to blame, but we still should've won the match.

Oh, I've also just spent $1.6m on a new solid/solid coach.

Mambo

Juniors
Hey Mad Dogg. Well at least 2 of us are still here. we might have to talk to each other though....:?

Havoc are still surviving. I don't put enough time into them any more. But I still love the game and fight on for the cause. We just got promoted (finally) back into div 4. I'm in a rediculously hard league and I only have two wins. I MOTS against the weak teams to assure points and PIC the hard teams. Though this week I am going normal.

Hey have you noticed that the transfer amounts have decreased like 50%. Players that used to sell for 4 mill now sell for 2 mill. When did that happen?

Mambo

Juniors
No new cups for me. i am on a world tour and need to keep my friendlies free for overseas teams.

I have a game lined up in Mongolia, which only has 8 active owners. Beat that!!!

Eat your heart out, flag chasers.

Poida_Raider

Bench
hey mambo!

my team is still coasting along, not becoming overly fantastic, but surviving ans steadily improving i guess.

my league v.11.. well its about in the bottom 50 or so leagues in the div v.. so its pretty crap as far as hard competition goes compared to my first season in there in season 15. a good team promotes and a managerless team demotes, well the last couple seasons anyway.. i'm on a 6 game league streak, lost the first game to the guys coming first, and the other team that is normally competitive seems to have fallen off the wagon, or become disinterested. anyways so it could all come down to the last game of the season, if i win and my g/d is good enough i could win the league!! i got knocked out of the cup round 2, my worst ever performance. i got cocky i guess.

my trainees are at world class, magnificent, brilliant x 2, and formidable x 2.. i've lost training a few weeks due to my carelessness etc. but i've just bought a new titanic striker, oceanian which is nice, capable of 7.5* which is massive for my team, with my world class defensive IM pullin 6.5 lately.

anyways i'm off, i look forward to hearing more, and this thread being somewhat more active!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!

B-dos

Referee
Can anyone give me a rundown on what this Hattrick is all about?

And how do i join up??

Mad Dogg

Juniors
As of last Friday, Pedro became the youngest divine defender in Oceanian history. And somehow my Wolves have actually established a two point lead at the top of III.16 (probably should've been four points but I got held to a draw two weeks ago). It probably won't last, but it's a good position to be in.

Mambo said:
Hey have you noticed that the transfer amounts have decreased like 50%. Players that used to sell for 4 mill now sell for 2 mill. When did that happen?
Transfer prices have been slowly falling for six seasons or so, but it's really dropped big time over the last season or two. I think it's mostly because of the huge wages of players once they get around the extra-terrestrial levels. Those wages are draining more money out of the economy than what is coming in through crowd and sponsorship. So the big players are selling for less, and the top teams simply can't afford to pay as much for players as they used to. It slowly rolled down through the ranks, and now it's a general trend. I couldn't even sell that supernatural playmaker I mentioned above for $2.8m, when I originally bought him for over $7m if I remember correctly.

Latest posts