What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Hattrick Team Owners Thread

Bumble

First Grade
I started a month or so back...Inherited a winless, goalless team in VI.83, and have turned them round into 4th spot, Wonderful confidence and have more than doubled the attendances. :D

nibbs

Bench
ffs, I've just lost 4 straight in V.65 . I was expecting to go straight back up to div IV, so I'm pretty pissed off

Mambo

Juniors
Hey Bumble.

Its nice to have a fellow Rabbitoh in Hattrick and on here as well.

There is a guy who calls his HT team red and green machine. Nice bloke. worth supporting him just for that i reckon.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Geez, this thread is still going strong. Myself, I am doing the bare minimum to look after my team, and losing any chance of promoting to div IV. Haven't lost a game since, but 6 points behind the leaders means I have no chance of catching them.

More into Battrick ATM, if you play Battrick, I'm Howzat on the sledging boards. And for those that don't know my team in Hattrick, it's Piston Broke FC, sign the guestbook if you pass by.

Poida_Raider

Bench
this weekend i face off agaisnt the first place team to win our league, i've been defeated once, by him. and his loss-less. i think i'll need to beat him by 3 at least 3 goals to take it from him, and motsing the game, i think i can do it!! i hope so, i wouldnt mind the challenge of promoting. anyway i hope everyone's going well, and that their teams are doing likewise!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
So how did everyone go last season?

After a ridiculously good start to the season, my Wolves fell away and finished 5th. Thought I might have been in a bit of trouble with my qualifier since my best playmaker was injured, but thankfully I managed to scrape through.

My wages are going to trouble me. Pedro is now up to $469k a week. Hopefully I can afford to keep him for all of this season, but that's the longest I can hold him. Will be a sad day when I eventually find myself forced to let him go.

Angry_eel

First Grade
i got promoted wohoo. but now i have to buy quality players to stay there.

i was in a very crap divison though.

nibbs

Bench
after relegating from division IV, my side went quite disappointingly finishing 4th in V.65 last season after a shocking patch in the middle of the season. we've made some decent off season signings and this season we should go better. there are two other rather decents sides in my division, which wasn't helped when last seasons champions scored a shock upset in their qualifier, so at this stage i'm expecting to finish 3rd. my side just has this problem with scoring goals. we create plenty of chances, we just don't finish enough of them. i would like to see us establish ourselves in division iv in the next 2-4 seasons.

after a shocking injury crisis in the past 2 seasons, the squad is almost 100% fit, so i'm hoping that things will stay this way this season instead of the craziness that, especially last season, meant we could never field a full strength side, won't occur. here's hoping anyhow.

in other news my wage bill will climb to around $300,000 this season. financially, my club has been very sound in the last few seasons. there has always been over at least $1 million in the bank, so we have had little to worry about. so this increased cost should be able to cover this, but i think that with covering it in mind i will be looking to increase the size of our stadium to 60,000 towards the end of this season.

there are plenty of your old favourites still at airbase road. ismael vidal is approaching his 150th appearance, while at the age of 35 torbjorn persson scored a hattrick in today's cup game despite his scoring ability dropping to inadequate, finishing the game with 123 goals in 131 games for the club. barak barda is now the clubs star player. i'm training him to ET, and when he reaches this milestone i'm going to change my sides training type to short passes. at some stage i'd like to spend 6-8 weeks on set piece training, especially after the shootout shocker in last seasons cup. this is the 9th season i've been apart of hattrick. persson, vidal and barda all joined me that season as 27, and 18 year olds respectively. they are now 35, and 26 years olds. time certainly flies.

Mambo

Juniors
This one is an LU special for all the LU HT team owners. Get this guy, its a rediculous price to list him at.

Per Åhnman (17893989) 30 years, inadequate form, healthy

A controversial person who is temperamental and upright.
Has passable experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: Sverige Total Skill Index (TSI): 6 000Wage: 8 304 AU$/week including 20% Bonus Owner: Hills Havoc Warnings: 0 Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: solid Goalkeeping: disastrous Playmaking: brilliant Passing: inadequate Winger: wretched Defending: inadequate Scoring: weak Set Pieces: disastrous
Career Goals: 31 Career Hattricks: 0 League goals this season: 0 Cup goals this season: 0

Transfer list: Inner midfielder

Deadline: 14/12/2006 at 03.02

Asking price: 900 000 AU$

Angry_eel

First Grade
i just got promoted to a divison which i think i will get demoted from cause the other teams are too strong. i have already spent my money buying players. i have bought players so i will need a season or two for them to get stronger then hopefully get promoted again.

Poida_Raider

Bench
hey guys, madtown vikings are going very well at the moment, we are looking to go through the season undefeated and obviously then promote to div iv.

my problem is though, i'm not really convinced my side is good enough to stay up there, i mean i have bought myself a great goalkeeper, and a great striker..

i obviously then have what i think are some handy midfielders as i train that. but my question to you people is should i switch training? i was thinking probably either defending or scoring. but honestly i have no clue, i have no very good defenders. only guys who'll average 3 stars, and they are getting very old aswell.

i'm warming to the idea of changing training but i'm not sure what i should do. should i wait to maybe pull a solid defender, scorer, or even winger and do that?

then theres my stadium, its 45k, i'll probably profit after two weeks about $200k. actually im not sure but its not a great deal. so with that im thinking i that i might struggle financially next season so i should sell a trainee and make 2-3 mil and upgrade that stadium to atleast 60k, and just hope that i can compete and keep the crowds up next season.

oh sh*t i dunno. ok guys sorry i've got so much to say, but i spose thats one good thing about this game, you cant get too comfortable in your position cause the games always changing!

ok any response and opinions would be appreciated.. i hope your teams are going well this season! cheers

Poida_Raider

Bench
is that against a newby team? haha, yeah its been done.. but it was probably done to me when i was a newby so i cant really laugh too hard. good times, come so far!

Poida_Raider

Bench
ok i guess i'll have to just keep this topic up here until i see some replies!! im selling a trainee at the moment, 22yo world class.. doesnt seem that great, will probably get around 2.5mil for him hopefully.. far cry from the probable profits seasons ago..

anyone heard anything new about the youth system next year?? i think im going to be joining sirfire (Burnt Out Koalas) youth leagues. should be cool. extra part to the game to keep it going.

Poida_Raider

Bench
10 outta 10 for me this season, still got the toughest 2 games to go, so it should be a good finish i hope

keeps topic current..

Mad Dogg

Juniors
*swoops in from the shadows to bring the thread back to life*

How did everyone go this season? I see Poida is promoting, so congrats mate. Anybody else promoting or relegating?

A big season for my Rockhampton Wolves. Got to the 10th round of the Oceania Cup (final 16 teams) and finished 2nd in III.16, just one point behind the winner and 9 points ahead of 3rd. The sad news is that Pedro's wages were starting to get just a little to much for me to hold once I got knocked out of the cup, so had to sell him a couple of weeks ago.

Pedro El-Abaseri (35933386)
25 years, solid form, healthy
I speak English!
A pleasant guy who is balanced and upright.
Has extra-terrestrial experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Also part of Team Oceania!
Nationality: Oceania
Total Skill Index (TSI): 483 470
Wage: 469 040 AU$/week
Owner: Rockhampton Wolves

Stamina: passable Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: divine +18
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: weak

Matches for National team: 26
Matches for National U-20 team: 17
Career Goals: 31
Career Hattricks: 1
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 0

Hopefully his protege, Joseph Finau, can continue to follow in his footsteps and make the nat team himself in a couple of seasons. He's currently a 21yo extra-terrestrial +5 defender, with inad passing, passable winger and outstanding experience (from his 26 U20 matches).

My other 'superstar' trainee, Osiro Passey, will also be getting sold next season as he's starting to get too old. He'll be a 26yo supernatural playmaker with supernatural defence, making him one of the best offensive CD's / defensive IM's in the game (possibly the best, as I've never seen one better). I'm hoping that a playmaker trainer will buy him and start training his PM again, despite his age, as he would hopefully make the Oceanian nat team after a couple of seasons of training. Would be fantastic to see Pedro, Osiro and Joseph all playing together on the nat team.

nibbs

Bench
finished second in v.65 pulled a hatstats on 226 in the final round. pretty annoyed though as the side relegating will be probablybe too strong for the remaining sides in the division. i've changed training type to short passing, just let me add

Deacon

First Grade
Hey all conidering quitting ht after many frustrating seasons stuck in v.214, rather then let it wither away, I'd like to offload the team to someone whos interested in playin the game who hasnt already got a team, if your interested pm me or just want a look at the team its.........

Team: Steel City FC
username: conways

Features of the team
72k arena
Solid Coach with Excellent Xp
Average hatstats over 200k
Potential Portugese u20 nt

Latest posts