What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandolorian

Matua

Bench
I honestly think Andor tops Mandalorian now. It gives the empire some much needed depth and why they needed to be toppled
Agreed. Although I have some residual annoyance for Mando after it was shoehorned in Boba Fett and ruined any chance of that show standing on its own.

But Andor is great, as you said earlier any Star Wars fan who isn't watching needs a bullet.

Apey

Staff member
I'm 9 eps in, I like the show but there's one thing I want to nitpick because it's fun to nitpick. The efficiency of the Empire's factory, in particular its security measures, seems at odds with everything else I've seen in the Star Wars universe. When did they become competent? I know, I haven't seen Ep10 yet and there's a jailbreak so maybe I'm going off too early. I just think of all those times the Jedi were captured and imprisoned in situations easier to get out of than this factory. I suppose places like this with the utmost secrecy had to exist for them to construct the things they did?

Anyway I've purposely timed my watching of the show so that I'll be all caught up for the finale on Wednesday.

Munky

Coach
I'm 9 eps in, I like the show but there's one thing I want to nitpick because it's fun to nitpick. The efficiency of the Empire's factory, in particular its security measures, seems at odds with everything else I've seen in the Star Wars universe. When did they become competent? I know, I haven't seen Ep10 yet and there's a jailbreak so maybe I'm going off too early. I just think of all those times the Jedi were captured and imprisoned in situations easier to get out of than this factory. I suppose places like this with the utmost secrecy had to exist for them to construct the things they did?

Anyway I've purposely timed my watching of the show so that I'll be all caught up for the finale on Wednesday.

Obi Wan refers to Storm Troopers as crack troops in ep4 but all film evidence shows they can't hit the side of a barn door.

Maybe in the next five years the Empire's bureaucracy becomes insanely inefficient.

shiznit

Coach
Obi Wan refers to Storm Troopers as crack troops in ep4 but all film evidence shows they can't hit the side of a barn door.

Maybe in the next five years the Empire's bureaucracy becomes insanely inefficient.
Yeah couldn’t help but laugh when the commander ordered stormtrooper snipers to the roof…

Stormtrooper Sniper is abit of an oxymoron isn’t it… 😂😂

i reckon the best way to explain it is that the clones have some sort of genetic degenerative eye issue which gets worse over time…

Apey

Staff member
Yeah couldn’t help but laugh when the commander ordered stormtrooper snipers to the roof…

Stormtrooper Sniper is abit of an oxymoron isn’t it… 😂😂

i reckon the best way to explain it is that the clones have some sort of genetic degenerative eye issue which gets worse over time…
Most stormtroopers aren't clones any more by this point. Maybe it was the blind leading the blind, though.

jargan83

Coach
First season of Andor was fantastic, I read they started production on season 2 this week but it's going to be a tough wait!

Apey

Staff member
I watched Rogue One last night. It's still a bit jarring to me how different Cassian is in that. It will be interesting to see how his character continues to change in season 2 of Andor.

Apey

Staff member
Just finished Mandalorian for the 1st time. It was good but I do think the cool factor carries it a fair bit. Probably doesnt help I'm 2 - 3 years late and had already heard of the cameos.

Munky

Coach
Just finished Mandalorian for the 1st time. It was good but I do think the cool factor carries it a fair bit. Probably doesnt help I'm 2 - 3 years late and had already heard of the cameos.

IMO it's Xena in space with heavy reliance on nostalgia.

Fun but meaningless.

The Book of Boba though is one of the worst TV shows I've ever seen.

Apey

Staff member
IMO it's Xena in space with heavy reliance on nostalgia.

Fun but meaningless.

The Book of Boba though is one of the worst TV shows I've ever seen.
I can't wait. It's next. I'm skipping Resistance because I'm burning out a bit but then I'm going to end on the awfulness that is the sequel trilogy. I'm ranking and rating most of the canon TV shows/films for some friends, maybe I could post here for a laugh when I'm done.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Rewatching 1st and 2nd season (and I guess a few eps of Boba) before season 3 kicks off this week.
Can’t wait to see where we go next.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Good episode. Takes you right back into that galaxy and sets up a few things for the coming season.