What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandolorian

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Look every is entitled to thier opinions.

What I do not get, is if you do not like it why keep watching?

I started plenty of series and if I do not like it I stop watching, maybe before the first episode finished.

Why keep watching? Why?
If you look at the ratings no one is, Ashoka was pretty crap. The writing was horrible these idiots just don’t know how to Star Wars.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
2 main reasons i have an interest in the universe that these characters are involved in. Enjoyed the OT and the prequels a lot. The sequels and the current disney wars TV has been like studying a disaster.

I have seen some random parts of the cartoons and thought they were OK.

The second is I watch a youtube channel that does breakdown on the episodes that I enjoy and I like to have seen the episode before watching it.

An excellent Video on episode 5

A link to the start of the ahsoka series they will combine the whole series after they recap episode 8
Mauler knows his stuff, he’s absolutely spot on.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If you look at the ratings no one is, Ashoka was pretty crap. The writing was horrible these idiots just don’t know how to Star Wars.
Well I do not care what others watch, blue heelers, the block, high rating shows I never watched.

But clearly you are watching, fans are making you tubes.

Stop watching it is dead, but you will. Ashoka series two awaits your eyes.

People like me do not watch what they do not like, you do, hence the funding to continue.

The director guy the Lucas Padawan has you full immersed. I wonder how rich he is having fans like you watching everything he makes.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well I do not care what others watch, blue heelers, the block, high rating shows I never watched.

But clearly you are watching, fans are making you tubes.

Stop watching it is dead, but you will. Ashoka series two awaits your eyes.

People like me do not watch what they do not like, you do, hence the funding to continue.

The director guy the Lucas Padawan has you full immersed. I wonder how rich he is having fans like you watching everything he makes.
I’ve loved Star Wars since I can remember, this was not Star Wars. It was some fan fiction garbage written by a Hack who should stick to cartoons. This show should have been all about Luke but we can’t have that because this is Disney. It’s a show about Girl bosses chasing balls where nothing happens but Key jangling with as many memberberries packed in as possible.

If you liked it that’s fantastic I’m happy for you, but I thought it was dreadful and it’s just sad what the Star Wars IP has become. Just some crappy shows on a failing streaming service. The Prequels had some massive faults but world building and a coherent story and plot weren’t one of them. This is just incompetent dross wrapped up as Star Wars but it’s where we are at in regards to modem story telling.

Apey

Staff member
Going to expand on my thoughts. Preface: I love Star Wars, in the last 12 months I've watched every TV show and film of canon in chronological order (from EP1 -> EP9 and everything in between) except Resistance, I watched Clone Wars x2 and Rebels 1.5x - I watched Clone Wars and the 'Ahsoka' Rebels episodes right before Ahsoka came out. Ahsoka is in my top 5 characters across all of Star Wars.

Overall, it was okay. As far as live action TV shows go I'd rate it higher than Boba Fett & Obi Wan, maybe higher than Mandolorian S3, but behind Mando S1/S2 & Andor. I had high expectations going in given my appreciation for the character Ahsoka and the TV show Rebels. It was kind of like Obi Wan in that sense, a very popular titular character so the expectations are naturally high. The underlying problem for me is that Dave Filoni can't write or direct live action. It was all a bit of a mess in the end. There are so many pointless silences and characters brooding throughout the show without any meaning behind them.

The characters are bland, wooden and largely devoid of personality. First up, he's taken Ahsoka - one of the most emotional and lively characters in Star Wars - and made her boring. Now there's a lot of nonsense about 'trauma' but trauma doesn't mean you literally can't speak properly. In the first few episodes she had all these awkward pauses and delivery of lines; it's bizarre. He was going for some older, wise, stoic traumatised Jedi trope that just doesn't work with her, the essence of what makes her character great really hasn't been captured in live-action for me.

The series is barely about her and probably for good reason in the end - her arc that is present barely makes any sense. What is her story in this show anyway? She's worried about turning to the dark side? No, that came up in one episode and was resolved in the same episode. Learning to be a better master? Sabine going down the Jedi route is a crappy idea and imo she lost a lot of what made her interesting too. I want that spunky Mandalorian back. I know why they're doing it, it's going to tie in the Mandolorian, and having Sabine as a Jedi is going to connect with that. I could have accepted it if she wasn't force sensitive, but being able to push Ezra mid-air over a gap like Kanan could, please... jumping the shark right there.

Thrawn, I thought he was okay, it's difficult to make him seem competent in the situation he finds himself in. The Dad bod is jarring though. In Rebels he was cleary very adept at combat, it's high unlikely Thrawn would not keep up his training and fitness in exile in case the day came where he would return.

Anakin was mostly good. I thought Hayden did a very good job at portraying Clone Wars Anakin which was fun to see. It felt shoehorned into the plot to me though, it didn't really make much sense how it came to be (the World between Worlds also seems to be a different concept than it was in Rebels) or what the point of it was (what did she really learn?), but there was some quality dialogue and scenes between them. I thought him appearing at the end of Episode 8 screamed of the memberberries/key jangling people have criticised the show for, it was unnecessary and it felt like a "hey look, remember how we brought Hayden back as Anakin? Here he is again!".

One character who really grew on me was Baylan. I thought he had a lot of potential (RIP Ray) as a gray Jedi who lamented what happened to the Jedi Order but clearly wasn't a good guy either. He had a good on-screen presence. I think they wasted him a bit, especially in the last few episodes, but it's possible they had to edit stuff out due to the actor's death. He will definitely be recast for S2.

The overall plot was lacklustre. It took a long time for anything to happen, and even then it didn't really pay off for me. We knew from EP1 that Thrawn was going to make it back. It was always going to be difficult to explain what Ezra and Thrawn had been up to after disappearing for 10 years (yes they've been there for 10 years minimum) but even then it was a pretty poor explanation. Oh yeah, Ezra is around, but Thrawn can't really find him - Sabine can find him in a day though. On Ezra, seeing him older was weird at first but he was probably the best adapted character of the main cast (besides Chopper!).

I hate to say it because she's one of my favourites, but I think Ahsoka should have died in Rebels. The World between Worlds was a stupid and inconsistent idea, and I don't like the direction Filoni has gone with her character post-Vader.

When I watched through all of the canon content (except Resistance), I rated and ranked them all as Star Wars content for some friends. I had Boba Fett at 3.5/10 & Obi Wan at 5.5/10. I think I'd give Ahsoka a 6/10 which puts it in 14th spot out of 21 which is probably spot on for how I felt about it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
An interesting take. Maybe some explanation for this view?
His sister is stronger and braver. Without the force, well f**k all, which I always found crap. @hineyrulz probably loves it.

Luke man's up sometimes, but then hides all the time, woah is me! Poor little me. Will hide until the last second, let R2-D2 save everyone, I only care about woah is me

Cries like baby when he finally accepted Vader is father.

Soft sock.

aussie7798

First Grade
His sister is stronger and braver. Without the force, well f**k all, which I always found crap. @hineyrulz probably loves it.

Luke man's up sometimes, but then hides all the time, woah is me! Poor little me. Will hide until the last second, let R2-D2 save everyone, I only care about woah is me

Cries like baby when he finally accepted Vader is father.

Soft sock.
They both do brave things. Leia is not stronger than Luke

And you are attacking him for showing some feelings when he has just had his hand cut off and finds out that one of the most evil men in the galaxy is his father. I suppose that he should have just had the same wooden facial expression that Ahsoka and Sabine had for the entire series.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Look I am being harsh, he did not turn dark, that is something, but far from my favourite character.

Hey also not Rey, who FMD is just a natural with everything. Needs no master, just masters everything, no training, can fix anything, beat a experienced lightsaber dude first go.

Luke of course runs as soon as sees darkness, run Luke.

And Hayden as Anakin, that will forever be the worst part of star wars. How can you get Obi-Wan so right and Anakin so wrong.

shiznit

Coach
I enjoyed it…. But if I’m honest… they could have achieved everything they did here with another animated season of rebels… lol.

im gonna hold my judgement until it all comes together for Feloni’s Heir to the empire film/films. The MCU didn’t start coming together until they bought them all together….

but I do think they need to bring in another writer.

shiznit

Coach
I’ve loved Star Wars since I can remember, this was not Star Wars. It was some fan fiction garbage written by a Hack who should stick to cartoons. This show should have been all about Luke but we can’t have that because this is Disney. It’s a show about Girl bosses chasing balls where nothing happens but Key jangling with as many memberberries packed in as possible.

If you liked it that’s fantastic I’m happy for you, but I thought it was dreadful and it’s just sad what the Star Wars IP has become. Just some crappy shows on a failing streaming service. The Prequels had some massive faults but world building and a coherent story and plot weren’t one of them. This is just incompetent dross wrapped up as Star Wars but it’s where we are at in regards to modem story telling.
Lmfao… this show was never going to be about Luke…

Unless they recast Luke to a younger actor(Sebastian Stan maybe?)… which no doubt the neck beard’s like your favourite YouTube channel will have a hissy fit about….

it was too expensive and just too restrictive to have Luke play a major role.

Lukes old as f**k with a grandpa bod… no one wants to see that sad shit play out…

shiznit

Coach

Lmfao… yeah here’s your real issue…

in an entire galaxy of different races and different genders you can’t have the story focused on anyone that’s not white and not male… lol.

hate to brake to you bud… Disney care about making money… and the world is populated by more than white dudes… so bringing diversity to their product makes them more appealing to a wider audience.

Disney+ streaming numbers aren’t the be all and end all for them…

the toys, the clothing, the lunch boxes, theme park rides, cruise ship experiences, etc… they make money hand over fist from all of these things.

This is Star Wars now… you certainly don’t have to like it… and the beauty of it is you have the original and prequel trilogy you can keep enjoying as they won’t be going anywhere.

Apey

Staff member
I enjoyed it…. But if I’m honest… they could have achieved everything they did here with another animated season of rebels… lol.
I think it would have ended up much better because Clone Wars & Rebels are peak Star Wars content post the OT. But live-action was always going to appeal to more people.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I guess I am unimpressed with sequels with Rey.

Zero history on the bad dude Snoke, just some giant powerful force guy.

But Rey just kills him, cause like she just never loses.

Just can beat anything.

Latest posts