What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Karmawave

Bench
I really wanted The Matty Johns Show to be kick ass.

I thought after the first week, when the 7 management and Matty himself publically recognised their failings and where the show can improve, that it would.

I've given it 3 shows attention, and the truth is, I think the show is complete garbage.

I really wanted to like it , and I've given it every chance to improve, but I think the show tonight was the worst of all 3.

Will the Alby Sandals segment ultimately end up in the wrestling of a team mascot each and every week? That's meant to be entertainment?

I guess one positive is if it has enforced the Footy Show on 9 to pick up its act - then that's a bonus.

Because last weeks Footy Show was the best I've seen in years - and 10 times better than any of the Matty Johns episodes to date.

I doubt I'll be watching MJS next week.

And... When will Johns/Webcke learn to STOP HITTING THE GODDAMN TABLE when they speak!! How many ' thumps ' sounds of hands hitting the desk can one put up with in an hour?

El Diablo

Post Whore
probably the best show so far

not so rushed and i even laughed a couple of times

the Lions only managed one ad here right at the end

nqcowboy87

Bench
probably the best show so far

not so rushed and i even laughed a couple of times

the Lions only managed one ad here right at the end

no afl ads in north queensland - true rugby league heartland

and is it me or is blocker stupider than i thought, none of his arguements made sense and he contradicted himelf with that bagging players thing

Brutus

Referee
For some strange reason I liked the Guru/Fuifui song.

More footy player music clips could be a goer.

awful controversy corner
Blocker came across as a complete idiot, had no idea what Shane or Paul were talking about.
Kenty is a tool, asks someone a question then cuts them off when they answer it.

Brutus

Referee
no afl ads in north queensland - true rugby league heartland

and is it me or is blocker stupider than i thought, none of his arguements made sense and he contradicted himelf with that bagging players thing

A couple of Continuous Call members on in consecutive weeks and two massive fails.

Surely they can improve the guests for Controversy Corner in the future.

Blocker looks like Elvis Presley...now.

Brutus

Referee
Exactly. Its f**king sad. But thats what LU is about bunch of whinging bitches gathered in one place. Rejoice.

Just RL fans praying and hoping for quality RL content on TV.

And being sadly disappointed.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Exactly. Its f**king sad. But thats what LU is about bunch of whinging bitches gathered in one place. Rejoice.

nobody bitches as much as Hasler

had another whinge this week even though his side was wrongly awarded a try again

Fui!!!

Juniors
i love how most of you b!tch, yet continue to watch just so you can b!tch some more

I agree!

Just RL fans praying and hoping for quality RL content on TV.

And being sadly disappointed.

They could always make there own show on youtube or something.

Although, I don't know if they can come up with anything better if they don't have the rights to any footage.

Iafeta

Referee
nobody bitches as much as Hasler

had another whinge this week even though his side was wrongly awarded a try again

Yep. Don't think Des can see out of that other eye. The Warriors winger made a long bust, the fullback tackled him, and then dragged him back to the ground as his side struggled to make it back on side, and Dessy reckons the inexperienced referee should get a kicking for sin binning the bloke. There was no other call to make.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Some of the skits on this show are just diabolically bad. Is it just me or does matty look terribly awkward and uncomfortable?

Green Machine

First Grade
I had to laugh at the ad breaks tonight. A Swans commercial or two at every break. What about the promotion for a Channel 7 show with the young bloke wearing a Centenary Kangaroos Rugby League jersey.
“One day he dreams of playing for the Wallabies”.
Seemed to be a lot of cross promotion for Union and AFL.
Phil Rothfield won’t be talking this lemon up in his Sunday gossip column this week,

Kilkenny

Coach
Had family over for dinner so taped the show on IQ. Should I watch the replay?

The first two weeks have been awful, has it improved or should I simply hit the delete button on the remote.

Latest posts