What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree with others about Fuifui. Everyone knows he's shy in front of a camera so what's the point of interviewing him on live tv. It would have worked better if they'd have done a parody and just asked him in depth questions and have him deliberately say nothing, like Joaquin Phoenix or Darius Boyd style. That could have at least been funny.

jb2

Juniors
Watched the first 2 shows and will never watch it again - absolute shallow crap and they try to cram too much in .
Kurks backyard for example - what the hell ? I do not know what on earth it is supposed to be about, it in no way sends up Don Burk if that is what they are attempting to do and is certainly not even remotely funny.
I like Matt Johns a lot and hope he does really well for himself in the future, but this show is a no go I am afraid.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
Meh so much hate for this show. I only watch it because its -
a) Matty Johns
b) Gives good ratings and hopefully channel 7 gets interested in having a go at footy
c) Is on footy, seriously, what else is on? Getaway or the Biggest loser. Low content, not funny SHOW ON FOOTY > Getaway and Biggest loser.

Suomi

Juniors
Matty's got real talent for TV, but playing the frontman role clearly isn't his forte.

Also he's being badly hamstrung by his inability to throw some R rated content into the show (for obvious reasons). Much of his Footy Show work was based upon this.

Also, when it comes to content (and Channel 9's refusal to play ball) why can't Matty convince FoxSports to provide him with content of their games. I would have thought the publicity (with big Logos etc on the content) would do them a world of good.

I can't help but think that with a stronger comedy partner than Shane Webke, Matty could make a fist of this show.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
AFL leeches shoving their crap down Sydney siders throats... Deliberate.

No doubt that this show has been set up as a litmus test for league related programming on Seven AND is also used by the AFL for cheap cross code advertising.

Perhaps it is just a sick trap.....:shock:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
need cc to go alot longer than 5mins...they just get into it, then the fruit basket comes out and its done just like that

Latest posts